Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62124 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Maker

Mililani, HI

#54709 Feb 13, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> I just read about it and don't remember where today. I read news from all over the place, don't watch tv at all.. Could have been the L.A Times, but I think it actually happened in Florida. Should have asked me yesterday, I had her name and everything. I don't know how to link either. I don't know if her adverse possession case was valid, but she was arrested for charging rent to the couple that moved into the house. Pretty funny, actually.
Just admit it Balls you made the whole thing up. Just like all over your fictitious comments that are so hard to believe BS stories.
Maker

Honolulu, HI

#54710 Feb 13, 2013
Maker wrote:
<quoted text>Just admit it Balls you made the whole thing up. Just like all over your fictitious comments that are so hard to believe BS stories.
Guess it doesn't take long until someone copies you.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54711 Feb 13, 2013
Maker wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link for this story. Adverse possession usually depends on another property owner using and or occupying a section of someone else's property for a number of years.
...they have to have had open and notorious possession and have to have been there for years, and paid the property taxes, etc. before they can sue for AP. You don't just get the house because you broke in and live there. By the way...if someone is encroaching on your land just give them permission in writing and record it. That nullifies them getting it later. But make sure you see a GOOD real estate attorney first. The last thing you want to do is screw it up.

Anyone know the law on this in Hawaii? Some would have you believe that if you have a good tan, curly black hair and your name starts with the letter K you own everything.
Maker

Honolulu, HI

#54712 Feb 13, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
...they have to have had open and notorious possession and have to have been there for years, and paid the property taxes, etc. before they can sue for AP. You don't just get the house because you broke in and live there. By the way...if someone is encroaching on your land just give them permission in writing and record it. That nullifies them getting it later. But make sure you see a GOOD real estate attorney first. The last thing you want to do is screw it up.
Anyone know the law on this in Hawaii? Some would have you believe that if you have a good tan, curly black hair and your name starts with the letter K you own everything.
You started to make some sense then you flowed into the notorious guru from LA. Most states have different criteria to qualify for adverse possession. Since Joe Balls doesn't have the link....
Pau

United States

#54713 Feb 13, 2013
"Anyone know the law in Hawaii"?

I see you've finally come to your senses.

Years and years of failed predictions, you've finally realized it is time to "ask" instead of inserting foot in mouth. Nice job.

Who knows, maybe the next time you're being a touristy tourist Stumpy will reward you & invite y'all over to beautiful Waianae and share that bounty of Spam he scored at the expense of his own idiotic greed.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54714 Feb 13, 2013
Pau wrote:
Years and years of failed predictions, you've finally realized it is time to "ask" instead of inserting foot in mouth. Nice job.
Who knows, maybe the next time you're being a touristy tourist Stumpy will reward you & invite y'all over to beautiful Waianae and share that bounty of Spam he scored at the expense of his own idiotic greed.
lol...weak. Your jealousy is legendary, moron. Your attempt to piss-on everybody in here just shows your desperate state of mind and reveals how lonely you really are. I am sure you have zero friends and sleep with your computer. LOL!

Don't worry paufagget. Everyone knows you for what you are.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54715 Feb 13, 2013
Maker wrote:
<quoted text>
You started to make some sense then you flowed into the notorious guru from LA. Most states have different criteria to qualify for adverse possession. Since Joe Balls doesn't have the link....
wow. no kidding bk-fk. Fact is I know your law. And yes, thanks for the update on the fact that each state has it's own law. You must be a genius.
Leeward LoLo

United States

#54716 Feb 13, 2013
Pau wrote:
Stumpy has NO moral compunction.
Pau

United States

#54717 Feb 13, 2013
It's a crack up to see a anonymous poster attack another when facts are not on their side.

Yes siree Bob, just as predicted and right on schedule.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54718 Feb 13, 2013
do nothing obama is about to get pau's head up his azz...

Obama’s Agenda Seen as Dead in the Water by Republicans
By James Rowley & Roxana Tiron - Feb 13, 2013 1:14

J. Scott Applewhite/AP Photo
Speaker of the House John Boehner speaks during an interview at his Capitol office, in Washington on Feb. 13, 2013. Boehner, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and rank-and-file Republicans opposed many of the details Obama set out in his second-term agenda.

President Barack Obama last night called for a higher minimum wage and stricter gun laws, proposed making preschool available to all 4-year-olds, and asked Congress to rewrite U.S. immigration law.
Boehner, Republicans on Obama's Legislative Agenda
10:10

Feb. 13 (Bloomberg)-- U.S. House Speaker John Boehner, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor and other Republican leaders speak at a news conference about the legislative agenda laid out in President Barack Obama's State of the Union address.(Source: Bloomberg)
Obama's Own Words on Middle Class, Economy, Budget
3:06

Feb. 13 (Bloomberg)-- President Barack Obama speaks about the U.S. middle class, economy and budget negotiations between lawmakers. Obama, speaking last night in the first State of the Union address since winning re-election, called for raising the federal minimum wage and warned he’ll use executive powers to get his way if Congress doesn't act.(Excerpts. Source: Bloomberg)

Today Republicans in Congress made clear that little of it will happen.

House Speaker John Boehner, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and rank-and-file Republicans opposed many of the details Obama set out in his second-term agenda in his State of the Union address to Congress. They signaled that the political fights of the past aren’t over yet.

Boehner dismissed the president’s proposal to raise the federal minimum wage. Republicans also gave a negative response to Obama’s call for new legislation to curb greenhouse-gas emissions that scientists say drives global warming.

“When you raise the price of employment, guess what happens? You get less of it,” Boehner, an Ohio Republican, told reporters at a news conference today in Washington.“Why do we want to make it harder for small employers to hire people?”

In his speech last night to a joint session of Congress, Obama proposed raising the hourly federal minimum wage to its highest inflation-adjusted value since 1981, under President Ronald Reagan, according to a White House fact sheet.

Obama’s speech was a “go-through-the motions laundry list of things” he’d “like to do,” said South Dakota Senator John Thune, a member of the chamber’s Republican leadership.
‘Won’t Pass’

“Minimum wage won’t pass the House, climate-change won’t pass the House,” Thune said.“Those are things he would probably have a hard time getting a lot of Democrats to vote for.”

The same is true for Obama’s call for guaranteeing pre- school programs for all 4-year-olds, he said.“How do you pay for it?” he said. By saying the programs wouldn’t “add a single dime to the deficit” Obama is expecting Congress to raise taxes “to finance all these new programs,” he said.

Senate Democrats seeking re-election next year in states that supported Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney in 2012 “are going to be hard pressed to vote for” new tax revenue beyond increases that have been passed, Thune said.

The president also urged Congress to pass immigration legislation and stricter gun-control measures and asked for $50 billion in infrastructure spending.
‘Liberal Boilerplate’

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell today called Obama’s speech a “liberal boilerplate that any Democratic lawmaker could have given at any time in recent memory.”

“He advocated tax reform, but mostly as a way to increase the size of government,...

continued-
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54719 Feb 13, 2013
lol...part 2

"... not as a way to increase our competitiveness,” McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, said in a floor speech.“He spoke of workers’ minimum wages, instead of their maximum potential.”

The speaker’s comments on Obama’s proposal to raise the hourly minimum wage to $9 from $7.25 by the end of 2015 reflected a longstanding Republican argument that such increases only depress employment among young and low-skilled workers.

The last federal minimum-wage increase was in 2009, the first year of Obama’s presidency, though it came out of a 2007 law signed by President George W. Bush. A new increase would affect an estimated 15 million people. Obama also suggested making the minimum wage rise with the cost of living.

Boehner signaled an increase had little prospect of passing the Republican-controlled House."

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#54720 Feb 14, 2013
Maker wrote:
<quoted text>Just admit it Balls you made the whole thing up. Just like all over your fictitious comments that are so hard to believe BS stories.
You are stupid. I don't log every site I read. I go from link to link like everyone else.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54721 Feb 14, 2013
where was this dude?

"LETTER: Obama made no calls night of Benghazi attack..."

...he was in hiding and they don't want to reveal it. Nancy Pelosi looks pregnant.
Maker

Honolulu, HI

#54722 Feb 14, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> You are stupid. I don't log every site I read. I go from link to link like everyone else.
Y

MAYBE YOU MISSED THIS. JUST SAYIN'

Maker wrote:

Guess it doesn't take long until someone copies you.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54723 Feb 14, 2013
check this out
http://rt.com/news/meteorite-crash-urals-chel...

...get your tin hat ready paufag.
Pau

United States

#54724 Feb 14, 2013
Looks as though somebody is very lonely in the hood.

With all those predictions that resemble the shellacking that occurred 11/6/2012, it's no surprise you're clueless.

Now it's time for you to cue the copy-n-pastes.

Go get 'em!
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54725 Feb 14, 2013
...looks like somebody forgot to flush the toilet. The turd is back.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54726 Feb 14, 2013
...straight from the mouth of the intellectual leader of the dems...and the "inventor of the internet":

"GORE:'It turns out plants need sunlight'..."

Brilliant.
gurus baby daddy

Honolulu, HI

#54727 Feb 14, 2013
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
wow. no kidding bk-fk. Fact is I know your law. And yes, thanks for the update on the fact that each state has it's own law. You must be a genius.
check this out;

guru blows and the lakers suck
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54728 Feb 14, 2013
gurus baby daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
check this out;
guru blows and the lakers suck
check this out:

.'
so does your momma.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 2 hr American_Infidel 378
The OFFICIAL countdown to Obama's LAST day thread! 3 hr District 1 18
Micronesians and Rape (Mar '08) 4 hr whoa 1,144
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 6 hr Princess Hey 145
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 3,762
Ooof da Goof (Sep '12) 16 hr Bears many 296
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 20 hr Princess Hey 108

Waipahu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance