Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62076 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#52957 Nov 24, 2012
Guru, I went to the SS office in September to replace my SS card. They said I wasn't who I am, so I've been waiting for them to figure it out. One minute ago I finally received my replacement card, with no explanation of anything. I was all packed for Ireland, LOL. But even so, Ive now got my card in three months, and we're still waiting for you-know-who.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52959 Nov 24, 2012
Joe Balls wrote:
Guru, I went to the SS office in September to replace my SS card. They said I wasn't who I am, so I've been waiting for them to figure it out. One minute ago I finally received my replacement card, with no explanation of anything. I was all packed for Ireland, LOL. But even so, Ive now got my card in three months, and we're still waiting for you-know-who.
wow...what a mess. Wonder if obama stole it all this time that is why they couldn't find it?

obama lol!

...he is keeping real quiet right now...something is up. If the electors are dumb enough to put him back in just sit back and watch the fur fly. Time to buy some pit bulls.

Location hidden

#52960 Nov 24, 2012
Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
wow...what a mess. Wonder if obama stole it all this time that is why they couldn't find it?
obama lol!
LOL, Obama is using my SS#!
I finally received my card in the mail right after I told you about it yesterday. I guess they figured I can stay in the country, after all I was born here, unlike Obama. They sent my birth certificate back to me too, a month after they issued it to me, asked for it back, and denied they did it. Now I'm waiting on my passport. I received a letter from them stating I should have it in a couple of weeks and have to wait to see if they screw that up too. Being an law-abiding American is hard work, no wonder the African had such a hard time. He was faking it and had an easier time than I am.
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52961 Nov 24, 2012
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Obama is using my SS#!
I finally received my card in the mail right after I told you about it yesterday. I guess they figured I can stay in the country, after all I was born here, unlike Obama. They sent my birth certificate back to me too, a month after they issued it to me, asked for it back, and denied they did it. Now I'm waiting on my passport. I received a letter from them stating I should have it in a couple of weeks and have to wait to see if they screw that up too. Being an law-abiding American is hard work, no wonder the African had such a hard time. He was faking it and had an easier time than I am.
Yep.
I was in beautiful surf shop today, not one customer.
Nice restaurant in town, two customers yesterday. Not sure about night.
What happens when their taxes go up in about 40 days?
Plus in Hawaii tax on every penny that comes in whether profit or not.
I just cannot understand who elected the fraud(s) but expected the election to be rigged.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#52962 Nov 24, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
I just cannot understand who elected the fraud(s) but expected the election to be rigged.
CHECK YOURSELF lolo CAUSE YOU STINK. THE GOOD PEOPLE OF HAWAII SMELL YOU COMING AND HIDE .
THEY DUCK & COVER THEIR NOSES AND PROTECT THEIR EYES FROM GOING BLIND.

Location hidden

#52963 Nov 24, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Yet, my friend just watched a guy buy two cases of beer with his EBT! No Worry, Be Happy.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52964 Nov 24, 2012
found some gold...

for lolo and JB
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/11/20/300...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52965 Nov 24, 2012
great whites off our piers...pics
http://burningpier.com/great-white-sharks-spo...
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52966 Nov 25, 2012
Guru wrote:
great whites off our piers...pics
http://burningpier.com/great-white-sharks-spo...
I have never seen this before.
Brother lives in that area.
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52967 Nov 25, 2012
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#52968 Nov 25, 2012
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, my friend just watched a guy buy two cases of beer with his EBT! No Worry, Be Happy.
White trash folk have a history of not participating in democracy. And all the while sit idle biatch & complain about others. Looks as though, America's safest city Waianae, is full of this discarded matter.

Location hidden

#52969 Nov 25, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen this before.
Brother lives in that area.
Call Captain Quinn, he knows what to do with sharks.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52970 Nov 25, 2012
PRAVDA: Obama 're-elected by illiterate society'... Churches offer concealed weapons training...'Satellites show Iran moving quickly to rearm Hamas'...

TV Airs 'Death to Israel!' Music Video...

Islamic Terrorists Bomb Egyptian-Gaza Border Base... Palestinian President Abbas Expects Wide Support for UN Bid...

GODFATHER: CHICAGO IS THE WAY... Supreme Court decides this week whether to rule on gay marriage... MORGAN STANLEY Doom Scenario: Major 2013 Recession...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52971 Nov 25, 2012
TOP HEADLINES

Morgan Stanley’s Doom Scenario: Major Recession in 2013
Published: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012 | 6:46 AM ET

By: Deepanshu Bagchee
Managing Digital Editor, CNBC International

The global economy is likely to be stuck in the “twilight zone” of sluggish growth in 2013, Morgan Stanley has warned, but if policymakers fail to act, it could get a lot worse.

Picturegarden | The Image Bank | Getty Images
The bank’s economics team forecasts a full-blown recession next year, under a pessimistic scenario, with global gross domestic product (GDP) likely to plunge 2 percent.

“More than ever, the economic outlook hinges upon the actions taken or not taken by governments and central banks,” Morgan Stanley said in a report.

Under the bank’s more gloomy scenario, the U.S. would go over the “fiscal cliff” leading to a contraction in U.S. GDP for the first three quarters of 2013. In Europe, the bank’s pessimistic scenario assumes a failure of the European Central Bank (ECB) in cutting rates and a delay of its bond-buying program.

(Read More: Whom to Blame for Global Growth Woes)

But the bank says investors should also be nimble, in case policy action is “convincing and decisive,” leading to a big uptick in growth.

“Importantly, investors should keep an open mind and be prepared to switch between the scenarios as policy developments unfold.”

The bank’s most optimistic scenario forecasts GDP growth of 4 percent in 2012 compared to around 3.1 percent this year.

(Read More: Why Risk Is Back On For Markets)

Morgan Stanley isn’t alone in warning about a recession next year. Noted bear, Nouriel Roubini warned on Monday that certain key developments would exacerbate the downside risks to global growth in 2013.

“Until now, the recessionary fiscal drag has been concentrated in the euro zone periphery and the U.K.. But now it is permeating the euro zone’s core,” Roubini wrote.“And in the U.S., even if President Barack Obama and the Republicans in Congress agree on a budget plan that avoids the looming “fiscal cliff,” spending cuts and tax increases will invariably lead to some drag on growth in 2013 – at least 1 percent of GDP.”

(Read More: Faber Prepare for Massive Market Meltdown)

Roubini said the rally in global markets that begun in July was now running out of steam as global growth slows and valuations look stretched.

“Price/earnings ratios are now high, while growth in earnings per share is slackening, and will be subject to further negative surprises as growth and inflation remain low. With uncertainty, volatility, and tail risks on the rise again, the correction could accelerate quickly.”

RELATED LINKS

Goldman to Clients: Brace for Another 8% Drop in S&P
‘Tide Turning’ Against France, Say Economists
Is the American Dream in Danger?
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52972 Nov 25, 2012

Location hidden

#52973 Nov 25, 2012
HECO will ALWAYS find a way to blame the customer, and the politicians to ensure laws are passed to punish people. The only way around it under the current situation is to completely disconnect from HECO and charge your own battery bank, buy as soon as you do it, your home will be condemned. HECO and politicians = dirty coxsuckers.
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52974 Nov 25, 2012
Guru wrote:
I was just noticing that a LOT of pickup trucks I see are sporting names of never before seen SOLAR INSTALLATION COMPANIES.
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52975 Nov 25, 2012
Look at similar numbers. Go roachboy!!!!!

Guns selling at record pace on Oahu
Posted: Nov 25, 2012 10:27 AM
Updated: Nov 25, 2012 10:27 AM

HONOLULU (AP)- Honolulu Police statistics suggest gun sales on Oahu could set a record this year.

As of Oct. 31, the number of guns sold was just under 21,000, on pace to surpass the record 23,400 sold in 2011.

Gun and gun store owners told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser they believe anticipation of President Barack Obama's re-election has led to a spike in the sale of firearms on the island.

Young Guns owner Dale Hayama tells the paper he's seen business grow since Obama was first elected in 2008. He says he saw a 30 to 40% surge in sales after Obama won a second 4-year term earlier this month.

Some fear the potential for stricter gun laws in an Obama administration while others suspect CRIME WILL INCREASE WITH THE ROAWCH BOY IN OFFICE.

Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52976 Nov 25, 2012
Explanation:

SOLAR ~ The number of solar power systems across the island state has doubled every year since 2007, with nearly 20,000 units installed.

GUNS ~ As of Oct. 31, the number of guns sold was just under 21,000, on pace to surpass the record 23,400 sold in 2011.

Location hidden

#52977 Nov 25, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
Explanation:
SOLAR ~ The number of solar power systems across the island state has doubled every year since 2007, with nearly 20,000 units installed.
GUNS ~ As of Oct. 31, the number of guns sold was just under 21,000, on pace to surpass the record 23,400 sold in 2011.
There are a LOT of solar companies these days, the competition is fierce. Yet, you don't see prices dropping a penny. The only price competition you can find is if you opt for the Chinese-made panels. Lolo, I'm gonna purhase with twelve more panels this year IF Abercrombie holds of on his "Interconnectivity" fee of 20K. Heco and the guv are at war with the public, NO-ONE in power wants people to go solar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe BALLS Has Always Been A Big Fat LIAR and A... 1 hr foxxxx 34
News Hawaii's first Bloomingdale's to open in Novemb... 2 hr American_Infidel 7
Imua Rail?? (May '12) 2 hr Disrict 1 430
News State lawmaker assaulted at homeless encampment 8 hr Bozobama 11
News Honolulu symphony can't pay musicians (Dec '07) Mon Stumpy 153
Review: UIC Outlet Jun 7 keoniboi 1
News New chefs join Chai at Hawaiian Jun 4 vikcyn 1
More from around the web

Waipahu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE