Filipino comfort food restaurant expa...

Filipino comfort food restaurant expanding - Hawaii Business

There are 73 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 13, 2009, titled Filipino comfort food restaurant expanding - Hawaii Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Max's of Manila is expanding to Iwilei, after the Philippine-based chain established its first Hawaii restaurant in March 2006.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Racist AJA

Wahiawa, HI

#70 Jan 11, 2010
comfort chicken wrote:
<quoted text>
ariyoshi hired all japanese for his 43 staff because all nominees or candidates were japanese. why? not because of their ethnicity but because they were the best qualified and they are the most educated. just look at now the Ph.D. holders in hawaii, nost of them are japanese and haole. back to topic, the "bestest" fil restaurant with ilima awards are elena's restaurant (filipino-owned) and golden coin (chinese who grew up in philippines own this).
Don't give us that bull s!$^t! We all know that former governor George Ariyoshi was a RACIST...hiring only "his kind", those AJA Japanese sneaking in the back door! Not all those 43 AJA's have a PhD and why was not there any Haoles, Chineses, Filipino, Hawaiian, Portuguese, Black....nada....all JAPANESE..

Now if it was a white governor, then you can rest assured that it will be called RACIST! Just another ruse by these sneaky AJA japanese to blame the "Haoles" to divert attention away from their RACIST practices that has been going on for decades and contiune to occur!

I have personally experienced this AJA racist unspoken "policy" when I scored the highest test results, but the job was given to a AJA japanese! It is a known fact locally that to get a State job, it won't hurt if your last name is Japanese!
Kuya Bhoy

Honolulu, HI

#71 Jan 11, 2010
I love me some balatong with marungay and pumpkin flower.
Hubba Bubba

Honolulu, HI

#72 Jan 11, 2010
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just like your racist AJA ex-governor George Ariyoshi, hiring all Japanese for his entire staff, no haoles, blacks, filipinos, chinese, Hawaiian...nada!
And he also brought in some Yakuza money to launder in the DOE's $900 million dollar slush fund..why do you think Pat Hanamoto never speaks about this "special fund"?
Which just proves it. The state was much better run back then, not perfect, but in a much much better state than it is now. Now with the mix, it's just all messed up. There is no hope for the future.
BRING BACK UNCLE GEORGE!!!
Kuya Bhoy

Honolulu, HI

#73 Jan 12, 2010
Uncle George made for a good caricature.

But do they serve dinaguan at Max?
Alice

Honolulu, HI

#74 Jan 13, 2010
I really like pinacbet and pancit.
alice

United States

#75 Jan 13, 2010
The natives here hate filipinos but I like them. They help build Hawaii. Natives have done zip for anyone here
Boing Boing Pinoy

Mililani, HI

#76 Jan 13, 2010
Yum-yum.
alice

United States

#77 Jan 13, 2010
alice wrote:
The natives here hate filipinos but I like them. They help build Hawaii. Natives have done zip for anyone here
true

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
KKKaumanua

Honolulu, HI

#78 Jan 14, 2010
alice is stupid.
Alice

Honolulu, HI

#79 Jan 14, 2010
KKKaumanua wrote:
alice is stupid.
KKKaumanua=KK Cow manure

Yer mean. Now be nice. <giggle>
alice

United States

#80 Jan 14, 2010
be nice!
Deputy Dawg

Kaneohe, HI

#81 Jan 14, 2010
KKKaumanua wrote:
alice is stupid.
true!
Manong

Honolulu, HI

#82 Jan 25, 2010
alice wrote:
You are the one that brings hate to Hawaii you frickin b i t ch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 3 hr Joe Balls 1,606
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 7 hr _FLATLINE-------- 371
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 7 hr _FLATLINE-------- 431
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 10 hr -Prince- 4,177
DISTRICT 1 Finally Admits TO Being A RACE BAITER (Mar '14) 20 hr District 1 197
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) Mon Puke 4 525
Nag Hammadi Revisited - Sussex copy of Declarat... Mon USA Bird 3

Waipahu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance