Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editor...

Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials

There are 30 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 31, 2009, titled Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

When someone is trying so desperately to push a project to get started, you just have to take a second look at what's going on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Why now

Honolulu, HI

#1 Oct 31, 2009
Mr Dan Bryant brings up a good point. Mufi wants to start a project estimated from $6 billion to who knows how much in this ongoing recession. If he really cared about Hawaii and its future he would put a delay on this project for a indefinite period. To start this money sucking project now will be adding to our financial woes. WE must solve the ongoing problems at hand like the furloughs and our citizens losing jobs. We have done without this literail for 30 years whats another 2 years till we get back on our feet. If we start this project now we will be handicapped when the recession is over.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#2 Oct 31, 2009
Mufi's great and I can't wait to ride the rail.
Glen

AOL

#3 Oct 31, 2009
Let's see, gas is high, utilities are rising, charge card interest is being raised on all cards, they are adding taxes right and left, no SS raises next year, this new HC bill is going to kill this country, food is always on the rise, shipping has exploded these past few years with fuel adjustments, our private HC insurance just went through it's yearly raise and Lord knows the rent is next. Salaries or time working is being cut, property tax is always exciting here, people are bleeding from under their nails trying to make ends meet. Expenses are far out exceding our income.
Yeah, Mufie, lets add another 6 plus billion to the backs of the people here. Soon there will be no worries about the traffic, people won't be able to afford to go to work or school. I understand you want to pay your Union boys back, but in due time, not right now.
Bryants Right

Honolulu, HI

#4 Oct 31, 2009
Daniel Bryant calls it straight and true.

The unchecked greed and avarice of mufis yes-men, Contractor cronies, Architect letter writing stooges, P.R. mouth jobs, Corrupt Union bosses, all feeding at the trough in Halloween disguises of "Rail," is scary indeed.

The sickest diguise is the "Go Green" b.s., public relations ploy.

For example, with NOTHING planned or expended for bike paths, dedicated lanes, etc., the disgusting fat body Wayne Yoshioka told us last month how rail going be good for bicyclists.

I digress.

Taking MORE money from a population struggling to survive under the crushing weight of a collapsing economy is cold-blood, callous, insensitive and STUPID.

But, that's mufi.

Make up a stupid ryhme that, you beverly hillbillies of honolulu hale.
Yeah2

AOL

#5 Oct 31, 2009
Rail project just a tool for mayor

"When someone is trying so desperately to push a project to get started, you just have to take a second look at what's going on."

Just like health care reform, bailouts, cap and trade, swine flu, etc. There are underlying agendas behind these that the admin is trying to push--both parties do it
Shibai DaKine

Haiku, HI

#6 Oct 31, 2009
Always keep in mind that the rail is all about getting Muliufi Francis to the next political plateau. The rail brings him union supporters, big dollar corporate contributors, and a stadium full of cronies who will be looking for a government job if he gets the governorship. He is a master of pitting one group against the other and always favoring those who will give him the largest voting base for his campaign. Just look how he manipulated the Council into dividing taxpayers into subgroups so that he could cut the herd of sheep into those who vote locally and those who do not. He knows that the snowbirds do not get to vote yet they will get to pay a higher property tax to make up for the shortfalls the rail will bring to all the taxpayers.

Undoubtedly everyone's taxes are going to rise but his pitch will be in how much he saved the homeowners (those who vote locally) by taking more from those who cannot vote. The local sheep will buy into this hook, line and sinker and rally round their "local boy" only to find him vacating Hawaii for his new digs in Georgetown as soon as a senate seat becomes available. Eventually, the locals will catch on (but too late) while they are holding a wet brown paper bag full of general obligation bonds to pay for the cleanup from his fiscal rail of destruction leading to his next ambitious quest.

Oh, did I mention that the snowbirds will also catch on and find a better place to spend their winters in the sun. I heard that Mexico has some nice places where it is warm in the winter, the cost of living is low and the natives are friendly.

Hablo espanol?
swannie

Ocean View, HI

#7 Oct 31, 2009
I remember Mufi's rah-rah campaign to get the "space port" going on fresh lava flows out in Ka'U on the big island. He got a lavish salary and expense account for his doomed efforts on a mega-project that was a dud right from the start. You can be sure that his concern to "help" the the people of Oahu (or at least a few on the leeward side) are actually to help Mr. Mufi and everyone else gets to pick up the tab.
Wrong

Honolulu, HI

#8 Oct 31, 2009
Shibai DaKine wrote:
Always keep in mind that the rail is all about getting Muliufi Francis to the next political plateau. The rail brings him union supporters, big dollar corporate contributors, and a stadium full of cronies who will be looking for a government job if he gets the governorship. He is a master of pitting one group against the other and always favoring those who will give him the largest voting base for his campaign. Just look how he manipulated the Council into dividing taxpayers into subgroups so that he could cut the herd of sheep into those who vote locally and those who do not. He knows that the snowbirds do not get to vote yet they will get to pay a higher property tax to make up for the shortfalls the rail will bring to all the taxpayers.
Undoubtedly everyone's taxes are going to rise but his pitch will be in how much he saved the homeowners (those who vote locally) by taking more from those who cannot vote. The local sheep will buy into this hook, line and sinker and rally round their "local boy" only to find him vacating Hawaii for his new digs in Georgetown as soon as a senate seat becomes available. Eventually, the locals will catch on (but too late) while they are holding a wet brown paper bag full of general obligation bonds to pay for the cleanup from his fiscal rail of destruction leading to his next ambitious quest.
Oh, did I mention that the snowbirds will also catch on and find a better place to spend their winters in the sun. I heard that Mexico has some nice places where it is warm in the winter, the cost of living is low and the natives are friendly.
Hablo espanol?
Eh, no worry.

We ALL hate mufi. Locals and snowbirds.

Homeowners only got a temporary fix, everybody and everything elses taxes going thru the roof for the make work rail road job on us.

We aint stupid.

Mufi just hurt the People who no can afford to buy their own homes and rent too.

Everytime mufi, brennan, yoshioka and yadao turn around, they not going know which one of the People truly hates their stinking guts.

Mufi is out.
The American Way

Honolulu, HI

#9 Oct 31, 2009
Mr. Alexander, you must not pay much attention in your church. Or perhaps your church doesn't teach from the Bible. Or, like most Catholics, you simply don't attend and end up ignorant of your professed faith's actual doctrine.

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

See also John 3:7, and 1 Peter 1:23
bumpercrop

Hauula, HI

#10 Oct 31, 2009
Just wait till the good paying rail jobs start kicking in. Then people will be happy. It will be soon.
alice

United States

#11 Oct 31, 2009
swannie wrote:
I remember Mufi's rah-rah campaign to get the "space port" going on fresh lava flows out in Ka'U on the big island. He got a lavish salary and expense account for his doomed efforts on a mega-project that was a dud right from the start. You can be sure that his concern to "help" the the people of Oahu (or at least a few on the leeward side) are actually to help Mr. Mufi and everyone else gets to pick up the tab.
well said
G I Joe

Albania

#12 Oct 31, 2009
The American Way wrote:
Mr. Alexander, you must not pay much attention in your church. Or perhaps your church doesn't teach from the Bible. Or, like most Catholics, you simply don't attend and end up ignorant of your professed faith's actual doctrine.
John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
See also John 3:7, and 1 Peter 1:23
I appreciate the point you're trying to get across but, "Born Again" is a term frequently used by Evangelical Christians, not Catholics. It simply does not follow Catholic Doctrine.
John 3:3 does read exactly as your wrote in the King James Version but in most other translations reads "born from above" (note that the KJV is not the only translation on Earth).
There are several interpretations of the above verse, the most common references an unbelievers who is convinced of the basic truths of the gospel who then excepts Christ as his Savior. This excludes Catholic from being born again, we are baptized as infants and raised in a relationship with Christ.
Now please realize I am not attacking your knowledge of the bible or choose branch of Christianity. But making statement like
Or, like most Catholics, you simply don't attend and end up ignorant of your professed faith's actual doctrine.
shows your ignorance of Catholics and your lack of a true Christian spirit. Good day
alice

United States

#13 Oct 31, 2009
I am Episcopalian and we are closer to Catholic doctrine. There is room for all Christians to respect each other. It is what we love, not how we love.
Kailuaresident

Kaneohe, HI

#14 Oct 31, 2009
Why now wrote:
Mr Dan Bryant brings up a good point. Mufi wants to start a project estimated from $6 billion to who knows how much in this ongoing recession. If he really cared about Hawaii and its future he would put a delay on this project for a indefinite period. To start this money sucking project now will be adding to our financial woes. WE must solve the ongoing problems at hand like the furloughs and our citizens losing jobs. We have done without this literail for 30 years whats another 2 years till we get back on our feet. If we start this project now we will be handicapped when the recession is over.
Rail will help us get out of the recession - just likee evry other large public works project has done in our history. And now, while the contracts can be negotiated cheaply, is the time to do so.
You say we must solve the problem of citizens losing their jobs?? Hello, this is going to provide thousands of jobs!
Kailuaresident

Kaneohe, HI

#15 Oct 31, 2009
Bryants Right wrote:
Daniel Bryant calls it straight and true.
The unchecked greed and avarice of mufis yes-men, Contractor cronies, Architect letter writing stooges, P.R. mouth jobs, Corrupt Union bosses, all feeding at the trough in Halloween disguises of "Rail," is scary indeed.
The sickest diguise is the "Go Green" b.s., public relations ploy.
For example, with NOTHING planned or expended for bike paths, dedicated lanes, etc., the disgusting fat body Wayne Yoshioka told us last month how rail going be good for bicyclists.
I digress.
Taking MORE money from a population struggling to survive under the crushing weight of a collapsing economy is cold-blood, callous, insensitive and STUPID.
But, that's mufi.
Make up a stupid ryhme that, you beverly hillbillies of honolulu hale.
Yup, we can see the anti rail people have high acadmemic based arguments against rail....or maybe not so much!
Michel

Mililani, HI

#16 Oct 31, 2009
Har-har. Potter's field; no niche for you.
alice

United States

#17 Oct 31, 2009
alice wrote:
I am Episcopalian and we are closer to Catholic doctrine. There is room for all Christians to respect each other. It is what we love, not how we love.
well put
Janet

Kula, HI

#18 Oct 31, 2009
Fred Larsonís letter to the editor has no creditability. I seen in the media that he and his wife Angie have admitted they operated an illegal rental. These are not the type of people we want in our community.
alice

United States

#19 Oct 31, 2009
Kailua is too noisy and talkative
Glen

AOL

#20 Oct 31, 2009
Remember everyone, this is the same man while running for Mayor, told the people, while living in the Pearl City/Aiea area, I am but a small man living among his people. I am a man for the people. Then before the celebration lei, around his neck had died, he moved to the east end of the island.
If you have studied body language at all, you will see this is a man that doesn't like to be challenged, questioned, or asked to be accountable for anything that he says or does or spends.
I hate to mention this but, he is following Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" perfectly.
"Tell the people what they want to hear."
Tell them you are from the middle class."
"Get Elected"
"Eliminate the middle class."

This is a man that is going to be the next Governor, then he will have access to all the State's money, and more jobs for his cronies.

Wake up Hawaii.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If Obama had a son 14 min American_Infidel 13
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 1 hr Luau Lafitte 2,678
Why do Filipinos consider themselves as Pacific... (Oct '08) 3 hr District 1 555
Why isn't this Democrat regime educating its ci... 4 hr Joe Balls 6
Har har har har (Apr '14) 5 hr Scotty 172
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 7 hr _Zoey_ 788
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 7 hr _Zoey_ 688

Waipahu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipahu Mortgages