3 no longer facing charges in beating - Hawaii News

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Three of the seven people arrested on suspicion of beating a man into a coma in Waipahu over the weekend over a cigarette are no longer facing attempted murder charges.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of84
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lord James

Makawao, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

So what now? Is the victim still in a coma?
Trouble Maker

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

Something tells me the whole story never come out yet.

Allegedly the "victim" goes around asking these people for cigarettes, and if they say no, he starts trouble, and in this case, reportedly slapped the teenage girl.

Now, if that was your daughter or sister or family, what would YOU do?

If there was any mistake, it was the over-reaction from the family.

Over there, signs are removed from the street corners and bothering the cops is not the first thing they consider.

“Nothing Good Can Come of This!”

Since: Oct 08

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

Trouble Maker wrote:
Now, if that was your daughter or sister or family, what would YOU do?
If there was any mistake, it was the over-reaction from the family.
Probably NOT beat him into a coma...
StateofdaState

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

Poor guy should have bought his own cigarettes,stay at home and my mind his own business,then we wouldn't be sitting here wasting our precious time on this topic.......NEXT
WOW

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

alright...who in the hell will come out of the truck and go to a group of people to ask for a cigarette? u couldn't wait to get home to get a cigarette?!?!..2. Wife all she had to say that he just walked out of the truck to ask for a cigarette? boom they had to beat them like that....I believe the wife is making the story up!!! that dude had to say something to them to re-act that way!!! and then everybody on the island knows its a bad spot at not...

but the family did over beat him...but if anybody would of him my sister or girlfriend...I would of beat him too!!! but u have to pay the price for what u have done...
caclkes

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

this story is now over even though i felt that the media overreacted by saying "man just got beat over a ciggarette" u know damn well dat this guy is a tongan n he seen a group of samoans and he just wanted to test his pride. Because he is from LA, and if the guy and his wife was looking for a safe place to live why in the hell would you go to WAIPAHU let alone a HOUSING AREA, well whatever i guess dats wat mainland people think, they think us hawaii people is all show and no go, well hope he learned his lesson because now he can tell his family that hawaii is on the reals an we can stand with any state.

Since: Sep 08

Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

"An Oahu grand jury returned an indictment yesterday charging Jeremiah Leota and Jimmy Robinson with first-degree assault and Ana Lealiiee with second-degree assault."
"Jeremiah Leota drove into Vainikolo with a sport utility vehicle and then backed into him twice until Vainikolo hit the ground, said Vickie Kapp, deputy prosecutor. Leota then got out of the SUV, kicked Vainikolo and struck him in the head with a baseball bat, she said."
How is backing up an SUV into someone twice to knock him to the ground, them striking him with a baseball bat in the head not attempted murder? I cannot believe that charges for all involved in the case (ten different people) have not been filed. When the victim does not recover from his coma and dies, then are they going to change the charges to murder?
kapaa

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

tongan 0....samoans 1
no_need

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

KAzman wrote:
"An Oahu grand jury returned an indictment yesterday charging Jeremiah Leota and Jimmy Robinson with first-degree assault and Ana Lealiiee with second-degree assault."
"Jeremiah Leota drove into Vainikolo with a sport utility vehicle and then backed into him twice until Vainikolo hit the ground, said Vickie Kapp, deputy prosecutor. Leota then got out of the SUV, kicked Vainikolo and struck him in the head with a baseball bat, she said."
How is backing up an SUV into someone twice to knock him to the ground, them striking him with a baseball bat in the head not attempted murder? I cannot believe that charges for all involved in the case (ten different people) have not been filed. When the victim does not recover from his coma and dies, then are they going to change the charges to murder?
my thoughts exactly. hitting someone 3 times with a vehicle and taking a bat to his head is first degree assault?

even if the tongan guy IS guilty of instigating it all, the actions of jeremiah leota should not be excused.

and some of these people actually made bail??? wow.
morons

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

This whole thing is stupid.
It will even get worse if the victim dies.
I'm sure Tobacco Free Hawaii will try to spin this as another tobacco related death and ban groups of more than one from congregating outside while smoking.
idiots from waipahu

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

there is always two side to a story. this guy is in a coma so no one will know the truth until or if he does get out of this coma. come on people 1 against 5. tell me what is wrong with this picture and by looking at the victims picture he is a small guy. what one of you idiots couldn't take hime by yourself. you had to call the whole family to help you.
Realist

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

Sounds to me like a bunch of wild savage animals (belch). Nothing that I would care to have in my churches, schools, or hospitals (fut).

Where exactly (fut/belch/obnoxious odor) do these creatures come from (picks huge boogaar out of nose)?
My Two Cents

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

caclkes wrote:
Because he is from LA, and if the guy and his wife was looking for a safe place to live why in the hell would you go to WAIPAHU let alone a HOUSING AREA, well whatever i guess dats wat mainland people think, they think us hawaii people is all show and no go, well hope he learned his lesson because now he can tell his family that hawaii is on the reals an we can stand with any state.
I take offense at your comment. Waipahu is a safe community to live in and raise a family; the area that this person got beat is only one small portion of the community and should not reflect the community as a whole.
Pupus

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Sad case of polynesians/micronesians/orang atangs/animals roaming the streets for trouble. These idiots from the South Pacific think they own this island! Ship them back to lala land with a crate of bananas.
Take my Survey

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

Who is the toughest race/ethnicity in a street battle:

a) Pinoy Boys
b) Samoan Fire Dancer
c) Tongan Tree Climber
d) Hawaiian Mahu
e) Japanese Ninja
f) Chinese Thong
g) White Trash
h) Pocho Gease
i) Marshall Microwave
Honolulu Jack

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

Our legal system is so backwards, if these guys would have beaten him up and then stole his identity they would be facing a life sentance. Instead, half with do a few years, one will do 10 and the others will walk. Sad times when money trumps life.
Flips Rule

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

Take my Survey wrote:
a) Pinoy Boys
b) Samoan Fire Dancer
c) Tongan Tree Climber
d) Hawaiian Mahu
e) Japanese Ninja
f) Chinese Thong
g) White Trash
h) Pocho Gease
i) Marshall Microwave
Pinoy Boys! Mabuhay! Poly's only know how to crack coconuts. Pinoys get the bolo!
only me

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

waipahu is a safe place to live and so is pupuole. down there everybody has each others back. what if it was your sister or daughter that was hit by a grown a$$ man what would u do. so for all u haters out there just shut the hell up. and it was not over a dayum cigarette so get the facts before you talk. much love to mah uso's keep ya head up and have faith
Greatwall

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

The guy who got beat to a pulp and the assailants all sound like trash to me. I got no sympathy for any of em. Looking at it objectively, the truth is probably somewhere in between the different stories being told.

Bruddah probably demanded a cigaratte, was told to go back where he came from, an argument occured, the usos overreacted to teach this guy one lesson because that's the only way they can show their manhood. Being that they have no education, are dumb as a coconut, will never contribute anything positive to society and have no prospects of ever moving out of the ghetto so they need to represent what little they have. If someone thinks i'm wrong tell me so.
Greatwall

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Judged:

Take my Survey wrote:
a) Pinoy Boys
b) Samoan Fire Dancer
c) Tongan Tree Climber
d) Hawaiian Mahu
e) Japanese Ninja
f) Chinese Thong
g) White Trash
h) Pocho Gease
i) Marshall Microwave
Definitely hawaiian mahu, he'll seduce the rest of them and then stab them while they sleep.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of84
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Waipahu Discussions

Search the Waipahu Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA COUNTDOWN for DAYS LEFT In Office UNTIL N... 37 min Mental breakdown 1,533
Tiki Hangover 4 hr Lana 3
Gangs in Hawaii (Oct '07) 4 hr What Gangsters 706
Pacific Wings wins DOT contract - Business News (Jul '09) 7 hr District 1 5
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 16 hr Mynahs 315
Neil About-to-Crumble loses another Debate to D... 17 hr Joe Balls 9
Who else likes the Aerial Ads?? 19 hr ButtInvestigator 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Waipahu Jobs

•••