Waianae man arrested in attack on ex-boxing champ

There are 50 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 20, 2010, titled Waianae man arrested in attack on ex-boxing champ. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Police arrested a 21-year-old Waianae man yesterday for allegedly assaulting former world lightweight boxing champion Andy Ganigan, 57, leaving him with permanent brain damage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

stumpy

Waipahu, HI

#21 Jul 8, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>No this is about Waianae. It is a dangerous place and the people who live there are the ones who make it that way.
I live in Waianae, as do others here. I love it when you talk stink about us, it will keep us from being over-run with tourists and mainlanders. One reason we appear to have more crime is the halfway houses and "services" that have been moved out here to house and cater to the townies. Another busload of no-loads was dropped off just this morning as I was getting coffee. The Samoans are cashing in on all the federal funding, starting "non-profit" halfway houses all over. It's the new island industry.
makahaboi91

Waianae, HI

#22 Dec 28, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Waianae is just flat out dangerous. Stay away white people or should I say haoles.
Im white and ive lived in waianae my whole life, skin color dont matter its your mentality, waianae is dangerous for clowns with big mouths or should i say "people like you"
makahaboi91

Waianae, HI

#23 Dec 28, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>No this is about Waianae. It is a dangerous place and the people who live there are the ones who make it that way.
do u know anyone from waianae?
Hawaii Sucks

Wichita, KS

#24 Dec 28, 2010
makahaboi91 wrote:
<quoted text>
do u know anyone from waianae?
Yes! Nasty place!
stumpy

Waipahu, HI

#25 Dec 28, 2010
Hawaii Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! Nasty place!
Better stay away then, ok folks? I think we can survive without you. Stay in town where you're safe, lolol.
Tabatha

United States

#26 Nov 14, 2011
I was raised in Waianae, went to Waianae High School, but left Hawaii soon after. Received an advanced education (NOT saying one cannot receive a good education in Hawaii) and now live in Colorado. There's a lot of negativity about Waianae and the % is high. I moved my family out of Waianae because of the lack of resources and the high crime rate. They now live in Mililani. Being raised in Waianae it has changed since then. I will NEVER return to Waianae. It has changed for the worst. People are suprised when I say I am from Waianae especially since I LOST my local tongue (pidgen). My recommendation...STAY OUT of Waiane!!!
Joe Balls

Ewa Beach, HI

#27 Nov 14, 2011
Tabatha wrote:
I was raised in Waianae, went to Waianae High School, but left Hawaii soon after. Received an advanced education (NOT saying one cannot receive a good education in Hawaii) and now live in Colorado. There's a lot of negativity about Waianae and the % is high. I moved my family out of Waianae because of the lack of resources and the high crime rate. They now live in Mililani. Being raised in Waianae it has changed since then. I will NEVER return to Waianae. It has changed for the worst. People are suprised when I say I am from Waianae especially since I LOST my local tongue (pidgen). My recommendation...STAY OUT of Waiane!!!
Waianae is just fine. You of all people should know that whenever a crime is committed anywhere west of Waipahu the media reports it as a Waianae crime. They don't even come out here, they just go by what they read on a police blotter. I think Mililani has more serious crime than we do. That's where you hear of rapes, child molesters and murders. We just have all the druggies from town out towards Makua and a bunch of domestics. That's ok though, we don't need more tourists out this way.
Tweety

Honolulu, HI

#28 Nov 14, 2011
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
Waianae is just fine. You of all people should know that whenever a crime is committed anywhere west of Waipahu the media reports it as a Waianae crime. They don't even come out here, they just go by what they read on a police blotter. I think Mililani has more serious crime than we do. That's where you hear of rapes, child molesters and murders. We just have all the druggies from town out towards Makua and a bunch of domestics. That's ok though, we don't need more tourists out this way.
Geez what a 2 face fck you are. I remember 1 of your comments where you judged all commuters as you sat drinking your coffee at Waianaes McDonalds. You claim they all are welfare scammers or drug dealers as they pass you by. Now you are changing your transpalnted tune claiming its everywhere else except Waianae. Waianae is listed as the most crime ridden area on Oahau and the cheapest area to buy real-estate. WHY?? Per capita the westside has the most homeless living on the beach and causing problems in that area. Of course having a racist bigmouth gossipying haole transplant does not help either. Look what you posted about your neighbors bankruptsy I'm sure he really loves you for that. U Bigmouth azzhole always spreading your GOSSIPYING redneck rehtoric.
Joe Balls

Ewa Beach, HI

#29 Nov 14, 2011
Tweety wrote:
<quoted text>Geez what a 2 face fck you are. I remember 1 of your comments where you judged all commuters as you sat drinking your coffee at Waianaes McDonalds. You claim they all are welfare scammers or drug dealers as they pass you by. Now you are changing your transpalnted tune claiming its everywhere else except Waianae. Waianae is listed as the most crime ridden area on Oahau and the cheapest area to buy real-estate. WHY?? Per capita the westside has the most homeless living on the beach and causing problems in that area. Of course having a racist bigmouth gossipying haole transplant does not help either. Look what you posted about your neighbors bankruptsy I'm sure he really loves you for that. U Bigmouth azzhole always spreading your GOSSIPYING redneck rehtoric.
BIOYA, Harry.
Opinion

Waianae, HI

#30 Nov 15, 2011
Purina Monkey Chow.
20 Years.
New Hole.
Ya Mon

Honolulu, HI

#32 Nov 15, 2011
alice wrote:
i hope andy was treated at the sex abuse treatment center and is in recovery from the ordeel
Having a Stroke?
alice

Kaneohe, HI

#34 Nov 15, 2011
Micros are beating Hawaiians to a pulp. Ask HPD about it
RootCanal

Honolulu, HI

#35 Nov 15, 2011
Hit a nerve did we?
Tony92 waianae

Waimanalo, HI

#36 Mar 14, 2012
waianae is a beautiful place and beaches there is looking good still homeless is gone out of sight but look it all over dis island got crime we cant blame one place just know there are ppl doing good
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#37 Mar 17, 2012
alice wrote:
Micros are beating Hawaiians to a pulp. Ask HPD about it
The other day while in the grocery store, I blew a loud nasty smelling fart, nearly shit in my pants....only to find out a really hot woman was standing right behind me....she was grossed out...as I was embarrassed.....bad timing I guess you can say....lmfao
Alice

Honolulu, HI

#38 Mar 17, 2012
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>The other day while in the grocery store, I blew a loud nasty smelling fart, nearly shit in my pants....only to find out a really hot woman was standing right behind me....she was grossed out...as I was embarrassed.....bad timing I guess you can say....lmfao
Walking around with HUGE penis like object up your butt will produce embarrassing moment like that Jack hon. You should come to Hawaii where the Micros will rid you of your anal habits and the Samoans will have you for the main course at your welcoming party hon.
Charon

Honolulu, HI

#39 Mar 17, 2012
Too bad druggie.
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#40 Mar 17, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>Walking around with HUGE penis like object up your butt will produce embarrassing moment like that Jack hon. You should come to Hawaii where the Micros will rid you of your anal habits and the Samoans will have you for the main course at your welcoming party hon.
Always with the homo talk. Twists every thread into a rave about anal sex. Librals, whatcha gonna do?
Cuz Luau Feet

Panama City, Panama

#41 Mar 17, 2012
Yup Quantico we have a *Splat*.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#42 Mar 17, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>Walking around with HUGE penis like object up your butt will produce embarrassing moment like that Jack hon. You should come to Hawaii where the Micros will rid you of your anal habits and the Samoans will have you for the main course at your welcoming party hon.
You ever get that led pipe out of your ass yet? boy you sure are angry...stop playing with mean girls you sick fuckinlezbo....lmfao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaii: NOT Paradise 6 hr Guru 56
News Questions raised on military gear used by police 7 hr American_Infidel 19
Kitchen Fitters Coventry 7 hr apbdcair1 1
Feral Cat Eradication 7 hr District 1 39
Ireland Steps into the 21th Century Voting In G... 8 hr District 1 4
Ooof da Goof (Sep '12) 9 hr Geriatric ward 255
Hawaii Help Support your Homeless Sun JoE ALL WAYS need... 7
More from around the web

Waipahu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE