Witness details hours before friend's slaying - Hawaii News

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

A prosecution witness testified that hours before 24-year-old Jermaine Duckworth was found dead at the bottom of a cliff with a gunshot wound to the back of his head, he was in a home in Waipahu, bound with duct tape and being questioned about whether he had talked with police.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
kanehi

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Judged:

Just by saying he didn't want to know meant he already knew what was going to happen.
Kimo Da Cable Guy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Judged:

Just last Thursday a Star Bulletin editorial made the following claim: "Reprehensible as they might be, incidents of failure to notify police during violent crimes are rare; a national average of 1.6 nonrescues a year." The editorial used this statistic to argue that there is no need for a law compelling witnesses to report crimes in progress.

Already we have, in this story, another case of a witness failing to call the police. And even worse, in this instance the victim actually asked the witness to do so. Combined with the recent killing of a tourist in Waikiki this makes at least two times in the last two years that this happened here in Hawaii. If we are to believe the Star Bulletin then this same thing happened less than one other time per year in the entire rest of the country for the past two years. Of course this is an obviously ridiculous claim.

Readers should be aware that the Star Bulletin uses outrageously false statistics to reach highly questionable conclusions and positions in its editorials. So much for responsible journalism. Everyone would be well advised to use caution before believing anything you read in this newspaper's editorials.
oahuborn

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Judged:

Kimo Da Cable Guy wrote:
Just last Thursday a Star Bulletin editorial made the following claim: "Reprehensible as they might be, incidents of failure to notify police during violent crimes are rare; a national average of 1.6 nonrescues a year." The editorial used this statistic to argue that there is no need for a law compelling witnesses to report crimes in progress.
Already we have, in this story, another case of a witness failing to call the police. And even worse, in this instance the victim actually asked the witness to do so. Combined with the recent killing of a tourist in Waikiki this makes at least two times in the last two years that this happened here in Hawaii. If we are to believe the Star Bulletin then this same thing happened less than one other time per year in the entire rest of the country for the past two years. Of course this is an obviously ridiculous claim.
Readers should be aware that the Star Bulletin uses outrageously false statistics to reach highly questionable conclusions and positions in its editorials. So much for responsible journalism. Everyone would be well advised to use caution before believing anything you read in this newspaper's editorials.
Kimo is right on. The Star bulletin is NOT a newspaper, it's just a tabloid. It prints stories and editorials that endorses their agenda. Should fold in a few years with fewer subscriptions. Never use the SB as a reference.
Rat Star Gangsta

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Judged:

I'm a low life boozer
in a low riding cruiser
flying with my homies
as all time loosers

See me rat on my friends
almost but never end
I never see nothing
cuz, I'm a chicken

Rubbish is what rubbish was
I'm a moron
true dat, cuz
Robert

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Judged:

I don't know how you can call this guy a "friend" if you don't try to help him when he asks for help.
Honothelulu

Koloa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Judged:

Looks like Teo AND Deguair should BOTH be on trial for Duckworth's murder.

Convicting a bad guy for murdering a bad guy is just killing two birds with one stone (no pun intended) but Teo also needs to be taken out for a long, long time.
BringTheDeathPen alty

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Judged:

Disgusting, dirty, nasty, freakn drug idiots...all of them. Meth heads are complete morons. Wish we could nail them all; including the witness who got immunity....ppuunk.
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Next time you see crime, no need to approach. Just yell at the guy. That maybe just enough for him to flee.
sharks

Wahiawa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

have defendants explain themselves to the sharks
Hawaiian

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Judged:

LOCK UM ALL UP!!
Stu Pedaso

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Pretty crappy wheeling and dealing by the prosecution. Here's my summation : Let 2 scumbags walk so you can "hopefully" hang one. Hey how about I give you $100 & you give me $200 Mr. Carlisle? No wonder there's so many criminals walking the streets and choke repeat offenders.
the thai kid

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Judged:

fathers would you let your daughters date guys like these losers.......bring back the death penalty.....lethal injection for these criminals who mock the justice system
jinglebob

Kihei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

the thai kid wrote:
fathers would you let your daughters date guys like these losers.......bring back the death penalty.....lethal injection for these criminals who mock the justice system
Totally agree. Those chronics are just a waste of sperm!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Waipahu Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Waipahu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance