Witness details hours before friend's...

Witness details hours before friend's slaying - Hawaii News

There are 13 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 27, 2009, titled Witness details hours before friend's slaying - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A prosecution witness testified that hours before 24-year-old Jermaine Duckworth was found dead at the bottom of a cliff with a gunshot wound to the back of his head, he was in a home in Waipahu, bound with duct tape and being questioned about whether he had talked with police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

kanehi

Aiea, HI

#1 Oct 27, 2009
Just by saying he didn't want to know meant he already knew what was going to happen.
Kimo Da Cable Guy

AOL

#2 Oct 27, 2009
Just last Thursday a Star Bulletin editorial made the following claim: "Reprehensible as they might be, incidents of failure to notify police during violent crimes are rare; a national average of 1.6 nonrescues a year." The editorial used this statistic to argue that there is no need for a law compelling witnesses to report crimes in progress.

Already we have, in this story, another case of a witness failing to call the police. And even worse, in this instance the victim actually asked the witness to do so. Combined with the recent killing of a tourist in Waikiki this makes at least two times in the last two years that this happened here in Hawaii. If we are to believe the Star Bulletin then this same thing happened less than one other time per year in the entire rest of the country for the past two years. Of course this is an obviously ridiculous claim.

Readers should be aware that the Star Bulletin uses outrageously false statistics to reach highly questionable conclusions and positions in its editorials. So much for responsible journalism. Everyone would be well advised to use caution before believing anything you read in this newspaper's editorials.
oahuborn

Ewa Beach, HI

#3 Oct 27, 2009
Kimo Da Cable Guy wrote:
Just last Thursday a Star Bulletin editorial made the following claim: "Reprehensible as they might be, incidents of failure to notify police during violent crimes are rare; a national average of 1.6 nonrescues a year." The editorial used this statistic to argue that there is no need for a law compelling witnesses to report crimes in progress.
Already we have, in this story, another case of a witness failing to call the police. And even worse, in this instance the victim actually asked the witness to do so. Combined with the recent killing of a tourist in Waikiki this makes at least two times in the last two years that this happened here in Hawaii. If we are to believe the Star Bulletin then this same thing happened less than one other time per year in the entire rest of the country for the past two years. Of course this is an obviously ridiculous claim.
Readers should be aware that the Star Bulletin uses outrageously false statistics to reach highly questionable conclusions and positions in its editorials. So much for responsible journalism. Everyone would be well advised to use caution before believing anything you read in this newspaper's editorials.
Kimo is right on. The Star bulletin is NOT a newspaper, it's just a tabloid. It prints stories and editorials that endorses their agenda. Should fold in a few years with fewer subscriptions. Never use the SB as a reference.
Rat Star Gangsta

Honolulu, HI

#4 Oct 27, 2009
I'm a low life boozer
in a low riding cruiser
flying with my homies
as all time loosers

See me rat on my friends
almost but never end
I never see nothing
cuz, I'm a chicken

Rubbish is what rubbish was
I'm a moron
true dat, cuz
Robert

Honolulu, HI

#5 Oct 27, 2009
I don't know how you can call this guy a "friend" if you don't try to help him when he asks for help.
Honothelulu

Mililani, HI

#6 Oct 27, 2009
Looks like Teo AND Deguair should BOTH be on trial for Duckworth's murder.

Convicting a bad guy for murdering a bad guy is just killing two birds with one stone (no pun intended) but Teo also needs to be taken out for a long, long time.
BringTheDeathPen alty

Kailua, HI

#7 Oct 27, 2009
Disgusting, dirty, nasty, freakn drug idiots...all of them. Meth heads are complete morons. Wish we could nail them all; including the witness who got immunity....ppuunk.
Mike

United States

#8 Oct 27, 2009
Next time you see crime, no need to approach. Just yell at the guy. That maybe just enough for him to flee.
sharks

Mililani, HI

#9 Oct 27, 2009
have defendants explain themselves to the sharks
Hawaiian

Waipahu, HI

#10 Oct 27, 2009
LOCK UM ALL UP!!
Stu Pedaso

Honolulu, HI

#11 Oct 27, 2009
Pretty crappy wheeling and dealing by the prosecution. Here's my summation : Let 2 scumbags walk so you can "hopefully" hang one. Hey how about I give you $100 & you give me $200 Mr. Carlisle? No wonder there's so many criminals walking the streets and choke repeat offenders.
the thai kid

Bangkok, Thailand

#12 Oct 27, 2009
fathers would you let your daughters date guys like these losers.......bring back the death penalty.....lethal injection for these criminals who mock the justice system
jinglebob

Keauhou, HI

#13 Oct 27, 2009
the thai kid wrote:
fathers would you let your daughters date guys like these losers.......bring back the death penalty.....lethal injection for these criminals who mock the justice system
Totally agree. Those chronics are just a waste of sperm!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 8 hr Joe Balls 2,222
Trumps Cuba RETREAT Hurts USA and Minnesota Far... 8 hr Joe Balls 29
News New bill would require mandatory fire drills fo... 15 hr American_Infidel 3
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 16 hr Reflection 589
OJ Simpson granted parole 18 hr Rev Al Sharpton 9
Ooof da Goof (Sep '12) 19 hr Refuse INC 330
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 22 hr Princess Hey 562

Waipahu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waipahu Mortgages