Letters to the Editor - Letters

Letters to the Editor - Letters

There are 9 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Sep 20, 2009, titled Letters to the Editor - Letters. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The $856 billion health care reform proposal contains poisons to the pockets of the people, particularly the elderly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Hawaii50

Nashville, TN

#1 Sep 20, 2009
Jim Hen: You are absolutely correct.
I doubt if this was just a few "bad apples". Pull their plug.
taylor

Honolulu, HI

#2 Sep 20, 2009
new take on the acorn scandal. we've been bombarded with the foxnews version on acorn and they are incriminating. after a week of non coverage, i was watching CNN and they tried to defuse the foxnews version stating that they called the cops after the fake pimp and prostitute left. one guy called his cousin who was a cop and another a white woman said she filed a police report. oh i was convince... then the reporter doing an interview with some angency guy, angle was more concern on the funding lost in helping the poor and not the actions....totally anti foxnews and totally unconvincing...
cnn didn't cover the letter that the past CIA director sent to President Obama to stop with the trial or lose a lot informants and credibility in the covert operation and even expose leaving them less potent.
cnn's angle on the protest was trying to interject a racism and blind anger amongst the protestors using sexual slang still.....
Mike

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2009
Bumper sticker: If you don't like the way I drive(my bike), stay off the sidwalk.
Glen

AOL

#4 Sep 20, 2009
Jim, correcto mundo.

Another thing that is far from right with Acorn, is they have been in the pockets of the Dems for many years and contributing to their campaign. What isn't right is, they take money from ALL the people to fund the corrupt organization. They were in line for another 8.5 billion.
The story has been out there for years about the corruption, it is just coming to light.
Thank goodness two young people, who love their country, had the guts to do what none of our elected government officials would or could do. Shame is upon them all.
This is just the tip of the iceberg for these guys.
The top guy, embezzled one million dollars a few years back and it was covered up and he is still there.
For CNN to downplay this, just shows where the old MSM went. They are nothing now. They have lost credibility with the people.
The American people will not be taken again, we got too complacent the past 20 years, thinking we could trust the elected officals, only to be stab in the back.
Keith Haugen

AOL

#5 Sep 20, 2009
Aloha:

I don't want to sound like I'm defending ACORN since I don't know the facts, but if the entire organization is being criticized because of a couple of nuts who broke with policy to help a Republican prostitute and her pimp, and were fired for their actions, maybe ACORN is not so bad after all.

If ACORN is bad because of the actions of a few, then can we assume that all Republicans are bad because of the one GOP activist who said the zoo gorilla that escaped is "one of Michelle's ancestors?" That activist was promoted after that racial slur toward The First Lady. And the GOP is unscathed. Duh!

Me ka pono,

Keith Haugen
Nu`uanu
Bike Idiots

United States

#6 Sep 21, 2009
Mike wrote:
Bumper sticker: If you don't like the way I drive(my bike), stay off the sidwalk.
No. You stay off the sidewalk !

City Road are far too dangerous for idiot cyclists !

They slow up traffic and Buses and NO we are NOT all going to get off the Bus and out of cars to ride cycles to work in the heat and humidity you IDIOTS !
Kane

United States

#7 Sep 21, 2009
Keith Haugen wrote:
Aloha:
I don't want to sound like I'm defending ACORN since I don't know the facts, but if the entire organization is being criticized because of a couple of nuts who broke with policy to help a Republican prostitute and her ****, and were fired for their actions, maybe ACORN is not so bad after all.
If ACORN is bad because of the actions of a few, then can we assume that all Republicans are bad because of the one GOP activist who said the zoo gorilla that escaped is "one of Michelle's ancestors?" That activist was promoted after that racial slur toward The First Lady. And the GOP is unscathed. Duh!
Me ka pono,
Keith Haugen
Nu`uanu
LOL ! Seek Psychiatric help first thing Monday morning,your Liberal ' Logic ' deserves it ;)
Haugen Hogwash

United States

#8 Sep 21, 2009
Keith Haugen wrote:
Aloha:
I don't want to sound like I'm defending ACORN since I don't know the facts, but if the entire organization is being criticized because of a couple of nuts who broke with policy to help a Republican prostitute and her ****, and were fired for their actions, maybe ACORN is not so bad after all.
Me ka pono,
Keith Haugen
Nu`uanu
You don;t know the facts because you are glued to the ' Fifth Column ' Commie Media like CNN.

You, just like your Messiah are just another Liberal Political Prostitute.
edward kelly

AOL

#9 Sep 26, 2009
Of course Hirono supports ACORN. Also
supports investigating the CIA.
Anything Obama wants. Also a 1000
page health Bill that nobody has read.
Nancy Pelosi has a 14% approval rating
and Hirono follows the Leader.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 11 min Nun Komposmentys 2,425
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 11 min Princess Hey 731
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 12 min Princess Hey 638
Thanks to Trump's tough talk and bold leadership 5 hr American_Infidel 12
Wut Da Fuh? 8 hr District 1 56
Liberals Hate Free Speech 8 hr Joe Balls 19
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 9 hr District 1 4,553

Waipahu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance