Fireworks retailers optimistic - Hawaii News

Fireworks retailers are still expecting sales to pop despite the sagging economy. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lee smith

Waipahu, HI

#1 Dec 27, 2009
If you live in Waipahu, you have fire works every day and night of the year. We have people who set off these things that sound like bombs every night. Nothing is done about it. I am all for professional fire works, not fire works for idiots that set them off every night up until 11 pm. This is just another reason why fire works should be done away with !!!!
Mike

United States

#2 Dec 27, 2009
Don't ban fireworks. Just impose a very high tax rate on them. We could use the funds now.
Morons at Play

San Diego, CA

#3 Dec 27, 2009
The poor and ignorant always waste what little money they have on things of no value. I don't quite find the fascination of exploding illegal fireworks from a communist country. Here are some novel concepts High School Mensas:
Open a bank account
Pay off your debt
Keep up with your child support payments for your
illegitimate children
Save for your children's college fund
No, you can't use EBT cards for Roman candles
Get a job, stop drinking, and fathering b-a-s-t-a-
r-d children
Is any of this possible; probably not
leeward lolo

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 27, 2009
Mike wrote:
Don't ban fireworks. Just impose a very high tax rate on them. We could use the funds now.
Those which have been exploding since Halloween are obviously illegal. All it takes is one nobody trying to be noticed, to ruin it for miles around.
HPD has special units out looking for them, was quieter last night so may be working.

Hope for pouring rain New Years eve.

Casinos are quiet, enter by choice, annoy nobody, but the other 48 states who legalize it and collect taxes are wrong. It would be just plain stupid to even consider legal gambling, just think of the huge amount of money raised by fireworks permits. No need any more. LOL
alice

Honolulu, HI

#5 Dec 27, 2009
Island mokes love to spend what little money they have on fireworks.
Moke Nation

San Diego, CA

#6 Dec 27, 2009
alice wrote:
Island mokes love to spend what little money they have on fireworks.
Very true. Section 8'ers with Nissan Titans, no job skills, illegitimate children, live with their girlfriends illegally, no future, no ambition, no education, ex-con father, and plate lunch eating neanderthals who suck society dry.
Pukashells

Honolulu, HI

#7 Dec 27, 2009
Morons at Play wrote:
The poor and ignorant always waste what little money they have on things of no value. I don't quite find the fascination of exploding illegal fireworks from a communist country. Here are some novel concepts High School Mensas:
Open a bank account
Pay off your debt
Keep up with your child support payments for your
illegitimate children
Save for your children's college fund
No, you can't use EBT cards for Roman candles
Get a job, stop drinking, and fathering b-a-s-t-a-
r-d children
Is any of this possible; probably not
You Californians are always sticking your fork tongues in Hawaii's problems. Why don't you take care of your own hauna problems? Drugs are pouring over your borders to find its way to Hawaii. I glad those cartels haven't started killing on our streets. OH by the way since you like to RAG on our poor, what about your illegal immigrants and their sneaking across the border to break your social services? No wonder you guys are broke A S S. YES we have problems but compared to you people this is still a paradise.
Morons at Play

San Diego, CA

#8 Dec 27, 2009
Pukashells:
So sensitive Hoss! No doubt the illegal Chicanos here are a massive drain on social services. Your state ain't got nothing on our poor. There is however enough land here so they are not in your face on a daily basis. Well, if there wasn't a demand for drugs there wouldn't be a drug problem I presume. The state is definitely broke; however most states are. Paradise you say? Those days are long gone for us all.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#9 Dec 27, 2009
"I like the loud kind stuff," Hey, what about your neighbors? What about those of us who have to work the next day and can't sleep because you "like the loud kind stuff". Grow up please.
george

Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 27, 2009
Pukashells wrote:
<quoted text>
You Californians are always sticking your fork tongues in Hawaii's problems. Why don't you take care of your own hauna problems? Drugs are pouring over your borders to find its way to Hawaii. I glad those cartels haven't started killing on our streets. OH by the way since you like to RAG on our poor, what about your illegal immigrants and their sneaking across the border to break your social services? No wonder you guys are broke A S S. YES we have problems but compared to you people this is still a paradise.
It is amazing to us also how many on the mainland are always giving us advice like we live in caves. One of the worst is from Ill. thinks we cannot even read maps.

Then there is the group constantly telling us how wonderful rail is, as if we cannot figure out they have their bags packed to come here and work.

Also amazing that even the drunks and brain dead all over town at least know that they are better off here. Unfortunately we are forced to care for them dragging our state down also.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#11 Dec 27, 2009
lee smith wrote:
If you live in Waipahu, you have fire works every day and night of the year. We have people who set off these things that sound like bombs every night. Nothing is done about it. I am all for professional fire works, not fire works for idiots that set them off every night up until 11 pm. This is just another reason why fire works should be done away with !!!!
Yup and making ALL fireworks illegal will make it easier for the HPD to enforce. Get caught with ANYTHING and you are sighted/arrested. These firworks maniacs have zero consideration for their neighbors. I treat them accordingly. What comes around goes around!
McCain

United States

#12 Dec 27, 2009
I'm surprised that the large chains carry fireworks. There should be a class action suit against them if some little ckfu blows his hand off.
JGW081

Kaneohe, HI

#13 Dec 27, 2009
I swear I think I no longer live in one of the United States of America when I hear the bombs going off all hours of the day! Hawaii has become a war zone with the local-kine terrorists blowing off sh*t for the past 4 months steady. I fully agree with making all fireworks illegal. I'm so tired of hearing it. If these jerks want so much to blow stuff up, go enlist and get your butt overseas to enjoy the real bombs which you love so much! What happened to the Aloha state? OOps, it just got bombed even as I write this!{BOOM!}
allfedup

Kailua Kona, HI

#14 Dec 27, 2009
word to the wise...dont be stupid....save your money.
wacos101

Honolulu, HI

#15 Dec 28, 2009
I can't believe that the SB is promoting more fireworks. Geez.
Mobetta

Honolulu, HI

#16 Dec 28, 2009
Ban fireworks and cigarettes.
People who are addicted to both are selfish individuals who have no respect for law or other people.
Theie weak reasoning for this addiction is over ruled by their of breaking the laws, littering the aina and causing health issues for the non participants.
Politicians are weaker because they don't have the guts to effect a ban. Can votes be that important over what's good for the majority? So far the answer is a resounding yes. Sell outs!
rockettraveller

Ravenna, OH

#17 Jun 6, 2010
You may get your wish soon.
Roswell

Honolulu, HI

#18 Jun 6, 2010
Flame out; nose dive.
4 doors away

Kailua, HI

#19 Jun 6, 2010
4 kids, 16, 19, 23, 24 years old none of them have jobs, single mother on welfare, cop boyfriend...

No need to say anything more...

OMG, fireworks all year long from that house.
alice

Kaneohe, HI

#21 Jun 6, 2010
Ban fireworks..mokes don't know how to use them and they are a danger to themselves and us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA LAWSUITS/or WORSE BEGINS...this is just t... 58 min Joe Balls 23
Savior needed for Falls of Clyde (Jun '08) 4 hr Joe Balls 97
Is it a misdemeanor or a felony? 5 hr Joe Balls 6
Michael Brown a Thug Like Trayvon 5 hr Guru 203
NEW Ala Moana FOOD COURT 6 hr Guru 4
Abercrombie content as he leaves office 7 hr Guru 11
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) Sat Charon 356
Waipahu Dating
Find my Match

Waipahu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waipahu News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waipahu

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:11 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:11PM
Grading San Francisco's Positional Units vs. WAS
Bleacher Report 8:24 PM
Grades for Redskins vs. 49ers
NBC Sports 8:35 PM
Will San Francisco make a run in NFC West?
Bleacher Report 8:48 PM
Will Offensive Woes Cost 49ers a Playoff Spot?
Bleacher Report10:14 PM
49ers Can't Afford Poor Offensive Play Versus Seahawks in Week 13