Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editor...

Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials

There are 90 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Sep 16, 2009, titled Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Many of the most attractive, popular tourist cities in the world have entertainers and mime artists at specific places where tourists enjoy them and take pictures.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Pau

Pasadena, CA

#82 Sep 17, 2009
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to start jumping up and down about the comments Nacy Pelosi makes about her fellow Americans? Double Standards, as usual.
If you're referring to Pelosi's op-ed, then you are the one that needs a lesson in interpretation. Or quit taking sound bites from fanatical right wing entertainers radio show as fact!

What is the issue when she says; "to shout down other people's views is un-American."

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#83 Sep 17, 2009
HJohnson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a figure of speech that commonly used today. If the president was Bush, nobody would care that I use the expression. I don't care if Obama is part black. My skin is just as dark. What he needs to have as president is THICK skin. Don't be so petty.
lol! Then you don't mind being called a racist since it bounces off your thick skin?
Chuck

AOL

#84 Sep 17, 2009
Anyone that calls her fellow Americans, that she works for by the way, the names that has spewed out of her mouth, needs it washed out. She is a loser. No class.
There is no misunderstanding when out of her mouth and caught on tape are the words, thugs, astro turfs, neanderthals, and so on.
If you want to ride her band wagon, feel free, you are likely to fall off.
So it is okay for your side to call names, but one man says two words and the whole world has to come to a halt. What a joke. The ole double standard rides again.
Chuck

AOL

#85 Sep 17, 2009
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I never said it was ok. I said radical problems require radical solutions. He inherited bigger problems than previous administrations so he's taking bigger steps to resolve them.
If you really believe keeping the "status quo" would resolve all the problems Bush created for us and left behind, then you are the one who really can't be serious. I can't imagine where we'd be today if we kept going down the same course Bush was going.
Not only is he facing bigger problems, he is making bigger problems than need be.
Please explain to me, why it is so wonderful to have avowed Communist in the WH. I can't find one reason why it is a good thing. I don't think our founding fathers had this in mind.
As for Bush, That train has left, talk about the current.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#86 Sep 17, 2009
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is he facing bigger problems, he is making bigger problems than need be.
Please explain to me, why it is so wonderful to have avowed Communist in the WH. I can't find one reason why it is a good thing. I don't think our founding fathers had this in mind.
As for Bush, That train has left, talk about the current.
Oh? Who are the avowed communists you're referring to?

Since: Nov 08

Eagle River, AK

#87 Sep 17, 2009
Fisherman wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of the 305,000,000 citizens, by "The american public", do you mean the 3,000,000 that get wound up by Glenn everyday?
Any back-stepping libs do will be more than compensated for by the mean, threatening, accusing rants of conservatives.
We'll see which one backfires.
The meanest, most threatening, caustic, vicious person I have ever had the displeasure of meeting is Nancy Pelosi. There is not a conservative on the planet as vile as that woman.

Are you really threatened by the (using your figures) 1% of the population that may or may not get wound up by Glenn every day?

I'll take a rabid follower of Glenn over anyone that thinks like Nancy any day of the week.

Eagle River, AK

#88 Sep 17, 2009
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of control is the budget they have slapped us with.
Ans: Started with Bush
Out of control is the stimulus.
Out of control is the HC bill and it's cost.
Ans: Never addressed by republicans.
Out of control is Nancy Pelosi and her mouth full of vitriol.
Ans: Sen. Ensign, Gov. Sanford, Sen. Wilson, Sen. Craig, Sen. Stevens, etc....
Out of control is medicare and medicaid.
Out of control is Acorn
Ans: If it's widespread, I'll agree.
The amount of czars put into DC.
Ans: If it works, what's the problem?
Radical problems call for radical solutions.
Truth: started with democratically controlled congress

Truth: Projected deficit grew 9 fold in Obamas 1st 3 months in office

Truth: locked out of committee meetings by Nancy

Truth: None of them have avowed to change the foundation of the way government exists in this country. nancy has.

Truth: democrats controlled congresss for last 3 years

Out of control is Acorn
truth: Investigations of voter fraud, embezzlement, and video of multiple incidences of inducnig people to do illegal acts in order to receive funds. Census Bureau severs ties with one of Obamas pets. Can't get much more widespread than that

Truth: It isn't working, and it was used merely as a method to avoid vetting people that clearly would not stand up to scrutiny.

If your car headlight goes out, do you throw the whole thing away and buy a new one?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#89 Sep 17, 2009
HayninAk wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth: None of them have avowed to change the foundation of the way government exists in this country. nancy has.
Out of control is Acorn
truth: Investigations of voter fraud, embezzlement, and video of multiple incidences of inducnig people to do illegal acts in order to receive funds. Census Bureau severs ties with one of Obamas pets. Can't get much more widespread than that
Truth: It isn't working, and it was used merely as a method to avoid vetting people that clearly would not stand up to scrutiny.
If your car headlight goes out, do you throw the whole thing away and buy a new one?
Fact: Pushed for by Bush.

Fact: Bernanke seems to think the worst is over. And he's a Bush appointee.

Fact: Following Bush examples.

Fact: They claim one thing, yet do another.

Fact: Republicans controlled congress for 6 out of Bush's 8 years. Only paid lip service, if even that.

Out of control is Acorn
Fact: It's been shown to be localized.

Fact: If you can prove your statements, you may have a point. Until then, it's simply an opinion.

Bush burned the house down before he left. It's not a simply headlight that needs to be replaced.

Eagle River, AK

#90 Sep 17, 2009
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Out of control is the budget they have slapped us with.
Fact: Pushed for by Bush.
Fact: Bernanke seems to think the worst is over. And he's a Bush appointee.
Fact: Following Bush examples.
Fact: They claim one thing, yet do another.
Fact: Republicans controlled congress for 6 out of Bush's 8 years. Only paid lip service, if even that.
Out of control is Acorn
Fact: It's been shown to be localized.
Fact: If you can prove your statements, you may have a point. Until then, it's simply an opinion.
Bush burned the house down before he left. It's not a simply headlight that needs to be replaced.
Bush burned down the house????
I am sensing an incredible and growing amount of frustration from you and BS these days. I understand how frustrating it must be to watch your leader fail so spectacularly and in such a short time frame.
Eye See

Mililani, HI

#91 Sep 17, 2009
Lex Luthor wrote:
Wats dat open burning smell? Must be that trash heap again.
LOL. "You" again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waipahu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 2 hr District 1 717
Trump or Hillary 3 hr Leeward Outlier 92
Would you like to be a moderator on your own fo... 3 hr District 1 70
Outing the Main TROLL on the Honolulu Topix Forum 8 hr district 1 shower... 28
Big Island DUI Arrests UP,, You Lose with BOOZE... 15 hr District 1 18
Are Big Island Motorists Too Big To Wear Their ... Tue District 1 5
Outing the Main Troll on the Honolulu Topix Forum Tue District 1 29

Waipahu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance