Letters to the Editor - Hawaii Editorials

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Many of the most attractive, popular tourist cities in the world have entertainers and mime artists at specific places where tourists enjoy them and take pictures.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of90
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
willie

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

"No public option, no vote from him"

In other words Robert, no handout no vote.
jimhiro

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Robert, it is wishful thinking if you think a government sponsored medical plan is any better than a private one. \Remember Medicare (present government run program) pays only 57% of a doctors or hospital bill. YOu will have to get a Supplemental health plan to pay the remainder of the bill or pay out of your pocket. In Hawaii, since the population is small, you wont have problem in finding doctors, but if you live in the fifth largest city in California, try finding a doctor that accepts Medicare. Majority of doctors will tell you that it dont cover their office operating costs.
Flexo

Kahului, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Responding to Wendy Richmond Pollitt. I disagree, Rep. Wilson should be reprimanded or at least appear before the House and apologize to its membership as well. This can happen real fast and with no hoopla.
Or we can use the Republican model and hire Ken Starr to do a $100 million investigation and drag it out for a couple of years.
Pau

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Ref:Don't waste time on 'lie' outburst

Wendy so eloquently writes, "Because what Rep. Wilson did was reprehensible, but to pursue the matter further is vengeful and political, an action to be deplored. So please, let's move on to serious concerns."

Wendy, is this how you felt when the GOP and their supporters "wasted time" going after the "Dixie Chicks" when they voiced their opinion about Bush '43?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Speaking of lies...

Why did we go into Iraq again?
Grant

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Rep. Joe Wilson appeared only to have apologized to the President because his leadership told him to. I have not seen any sign from him that he has any remorse for his immature outburst. His colleagues in the House deserve, as do the American people, a public apology.

If he really was sorry, saying so would not be hard to do. The man has no character.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

I wonder if Wilson yelled the same thing at Mark Sanford as practice? It would certainly be a "on target" in that case.
Old Timer

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

willie wrote:
"No public option, no vote from him"
In other words Robert, no handout no vote.
Hey Willie, if Robert thinks Kaiser is bad and he wants a public option he should go to Tripler. Oh sorry I mis-spelled it, its Crippler Hospital. A public option ran by the government will be a disaster. Robert please enlighten us mere mortals, name one government program that is well ran and cost effective. If there is a choice between sending me to Tripler and letting me die, just let me die. I wont suffer as much. I've been in Tripler as a patient and it was not a pleasant experience. I have been a Kaiser member for over 30 years and its not perfect but if you take charge of your health it works fine.
wharfrat

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

"support this income-producing source for Hawaii.

Guy Taylor" said.

What income producing source? They don't even pay taxes on what they rake in. They are not contributing to Hawaii in any way, they only take up sidewalk space and irritate real businesses that do pay taxes and rent.
Fisherman

Lanai City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Grant wrote:
Rep. Joe Wilson appeared only to have apologized to the President because his leadership told him to. I have not seen any sign from him that he has any remorse for his immature outburst. His colleagues in the House deserve, as do the American people, a public apology.
If he really was sorry, saying so would not be hard to do. The man has no character.
Not only that, it appears he was rewarded with over a million dollars. All another politician has to do is repeat the behavior when they feel like raising lots of money.
Chuck

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Pau wrote:
Ref:Don't waste time on 'lie' outburst
Wendy so eloquently writes, "Because what Rep. Wilson did was reprehensible, but to pursue the matter further is vengeful and political, an action to be deplored. So please, let's move on to serious concerns."
Wendy, is this how you felt when the GOP and their supporters "wasted time" going after the "Dixie Chicks" when they voiced their opinion about Bush '43?
Wasting more valuable time on this is ludicrous. He apologized and it was accepted. Get a life now. Where were you when President Bush was booed in 2005. I bet you were quiet then.
We have more pressing issues right now. Like how to protect America, getting the 10 million needy taken care of with Health Insurance, the corruption of the WH, Acorn, Apollo, way too many czars, medicare, medicaid, the budget, the stimulus. And you want to beat a man to death over something this trivial?

FYI The Dixie Chicks threw out the first punch when they Contemptously dismissed Toby Keith's beautiful song, Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.
Saying it and the country people were ignorant.
And she did it on Foreign soil, That was a direct insult to the American people and it's flag. They deserved what they got.

Since: Jan 09

Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

"Don't waste time on 'lie' outburst"

There are times when we must express ourselves with sentiment and passion for what we believe or know to be true. What people should ask is "did Obama lie?" After all, he may be president but he is just another man, flesh and blood, and capable of leading us all down the wrong path. Anyone who doubts him and is in the position to speak out should, and we should all enjoy the drama that unfolds for the now magnaninous man who holds the power over millions and the one man with the courage and spontaneity to call a spade a spade, and to shout it out.
Pau

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasting more valuable time on this is ludicrous. He apologized and it was accepted. Get a life now. Where were you when President Bush was booed in 2005. I bet you were quiet then.
We have more pressing issues right now. Like how to protect America, getting the 10 million needy taken care of with Health Insurance, the corruption of the WH, Acorn, Apollo, way too many czars, medicare, medicaid, the budget, the stimulus. And you want to beat a man to death over something this trivial?
FYI The Dixie Chicks threw out the first punch when they Contemptously dismissed Toby Keith's beautiful song, Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue.
Saying it and the country people were ignorant.
And she did it on Foreign soil, That was a direct insult to the American people and it's flag. They deserved what they got.
It's not surprising to see that those who claim to wrap themselves in the American flag are not disgusted by Wilson's' action, then lack thereof.

Someone forgot to tell Wilson that a joint session of Congress is not the same as a town hall meeting.

Since: Apr 08

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Robert,

I've had Kaiser healthcare and government healthcare (via the VA as I'm a Navy Vet) at the same time in the past. Please take it from someone who has experienced how the government runs healthcare when I say that you don't want it. Oh sure, it's all free right? Who do you think is going to pay for it when they realize their budgeted dollars are significantly lower than it costs? Senators Inouye or Akaka, Congressman Abercrombie? Congresswoman Hirono? NO you and I are going to pay for it as we are one of the few sources of revenue for the government. Oh sure, they've improved VA healthcare a little over the years, after dumping BILLIONS of dollars into it to make it better. Now my wait to see a doctor is in several days instead of weeks. When you stand Kaiser's plan and the Government healthcare side by side, it makes Kaiser look like HMSA's top plan.

Be careful what you wish for!

Since: Apr 08

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

Flexo wrote:
Responding to Wendy Richmond Pollitt. I disagree, Rep. Wilson should be reprimanded or at least appear before the House and apologize to its membership as well. This can happen real fast and with no hoopla.
Or we can use the Republican model and hire Ken Starr to do a $100 million investigation and drag it out for a couple of years.
Hmmm, I don't recall the republicans doing this when many Democrats booed President Bush during a similar address to congress. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand either party anymore, and I definately wasn't in love with the Bush administration either.

In my eyes we have a case of dumb and dumber with our two parties these days. However, I find it very hypocritical to formally reprimand Wilson, whilst they did the same thing when Bush was in office. Truth be told, it's just to distract the American people from the real facts... that none of them knows what the hell their doing on either side of the aisle.
wharfrat

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

I am happy with HMSA and do not want it tampered with. Keep the government out of my medical care. And I do not want to pay for a bunch of freeloading druggies, alchoholics, obese people, etc who do not take care of their bodies.
wendell

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

HJohnson wrote:

There are times when we must express ourselves with sentiment and passion for what we believe or know to be true. What people should ask is "did Obama lie?" After all, he may be president but he is just another man, flesh and blood, and capable of leading us all down the wrong path.

Anyone who doubts him and is in the position to speak out should, and we should all enjoy the drama that unfolds for the now magnaninous man who holds the power over millions and the one man with the courage and spontaneity to call a spade a spade, and to shout it out.
I won't use the word "lie", as liberals will get bent out of shape, but I'll use "less than truthful". This description may be more "civil".

When Obama says his healthcare plan "won't add a dime to the deficit", he's "less than truthful", unless care is rationed.

He says "waste and fraud" in Medicare and Medicaid will help fund the plan. That's "less than truthful". In reality, it'll never happened, in significant amounts.

This is all "political accounting", which is always "less than truthful".
Cracker

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

HJohnson wrote:
There are times when we must express ourselves with sentiment and passion for what we believe or know to be true. What people should ask is "did Obama lie?" After all, he may be president but he is just another man, flesh and blood, and capable of leading us all down the wrong path. Anyone who doubts him and is in the position to speak out should, and we should all enjoy the drama that unfolds for the now magnaninous man who holds the power over millions and the one man with the courage and spontaneity to call a spade a spade, and to shout it out.
The Wikipedia 'List of Racial Slurs' is interesting reading.
Try looking up "spade".
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

wendell wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't use the word "lie", as liberals will get bent out of shape, but I'll use "less than truthful". This description may be more "civil".
When Obama says his healthcare plan "won't add a dime to the deficit", he's "less than truthful", unless care is rationed.
He says "waste and fraud" in Medicare and Medicaid will help fund the plan. That's "less than truthful". In reality, it'll never happened, in significant amounts.
This is all "political accounting", which is always "less than truthful".
lol! Politically interesting. Factually lacking.
wharfrat

Ewa Beach, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2009

Judged:

What if is comes out later that BO really was "lieing" about it all? Then what? Will there be an apology to Mr Wilson then? I doubt it. That puppy only swings one way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of90
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Waipahu Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Waipahu People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance