Rumsfeld extends tours of 3,500 US troops in Iraq

Full story: TurkishPress.com

A US soldier in seen on patrol in Baghdad in 2005. The Pentagon extended the tours of about 3,500 US troops in Iraq for 120 days in a move that dashed hopes of a reduction in the US force this year in the face ...

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 160 of160
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
duh

Santee, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Aug 26, 2006
 
tmoney wrote:
<quoted text>Did you forget that you mostly see men dying over there-serving this country?
You only see that becasue thats all the Liberal commie dummiecrats see

http://my.earthlink.net/article/top...

QUOTE:
Hundreds of Iraqi tribal chiefs gave important support Saturday to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's national reconciliation plan, while the government leader called the release of a leading Sunni Arab lawmaker by kidnappers a gift to his unity campaign...
A representative of the chiefs read their agreement on live television, calling it a "pact of honor."
"Realizing the gravity of the situation our country is undergoing, we pledge in front of God and the Iraqi people to be sincere and serious in preserving the unity of our country," said the agreement signed by tribal leaders and sheiks.
Martin Luther

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147
Aug 27, 2006
 
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
You only see that becasue thats all the Liberal commie dummiecrats see
http://my.earthlink.net/article/top...
QUOTE:
Hundreds of Iraqi tribal chiefs gave important support Saturday to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's national reconciliation plan, while the government leader called the release of a leading Sunni Arab lawmaker by kidnappers a gift to his unity campaign...
A representative of the chiefs read their agreement on live television, calling it a "pact of honor."
"Realizing the gravity of the situation our country is undergoing, we pledge in front of God and the Iraqi people to be sincere and serious in preserving the unity of our country," said the agreement signed by tribal leaders and sheiks.
Why are you clutching at this?

Lost your straws?
tmoney

Kailua Kona, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#148
Aug 27, 2006
 
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
You only see that becasue thats all the Liberal commie dummiecrats see
http://my.earthlink.net/article/top...
QUOTE:
Hundreds of Iraqi tribal chiefs gave important support Saturday to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's national reconciliation plan, while the government leader called the release of a leading Sunni Arab lawmaker by kidnappers a gift to his unity campaign...
A representative of the chiefs read their agreement on live television, calling it a "pact of honor."
"Realizing the gravity of the situation our country is undergoing, we pledge in front of God and the Iraqi people to be sincere and serious in preserving the unity of our country," said the agreement signed by tribal leaders and sheiks.
I don't know who the f*** you calling a dummie. You call me a dummie then talk about God, check yourself you a**hole. Instead of you getting off topic, why don't you do the f****** "math"? I really don't give a f*** what you have to say......
soldier back from iraq

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
Aug 27, 2006
 
Actually the topic was the 172nd Brigade if you want to get down to details.
duh

Santee, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#150
Aug 27, 2006
 
tmoney wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who the f*** you calling a dummie. You call me a dummie then talk about God, check yourself you a**hole. Instead of you getting off topic, why don't you do the f****** "math"? I really don't give a f*** what you have to say......
Your so blinded by your own hate - you can't see any good in anything. Go surfing Dummicrat
tmoney

Kailua Kona, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#151
Aug 27, 2006
 
You have the name "duh" and you calling someone a dummie, f*** you.
duh

Santee, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152
Aug 27, 2006
 
tmoney wrote:
You have the name "duh" and you calling someone a dummie, f*** you.
No thanks - don't want sloppy seconds after your dog.
tmoney

Kailua Kona, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153
Aug 27, 2006
 
We talking bout' your MOMMA, right!
Veritas

Grapeland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154
Aug 28, 2006
 
Well, that spun compleatly out of control...
Yes, the people signed a contract, and anybody who has ANY experience with the military knows that once uncle sam owns you, your ass is grass. BUT.. The fact that things are being handled the way they are being handeled is absolute proof that we have a bunch of confused apes running things from the top down. Anybody here with much combat experiance can verify this statement: Failures at the top by policy makers and desicion makers equals gallons of their subordinates blood on the field of conflict.....
The policy has failed, and our leaders haved failed to face the responsability of their failure, but for the fallen the outcome and consequences are absolute. Only the most uninformed or unbalanced person would now willingly sign their lives over to these turds in our leadearship. A draft will soon come if "stay the course" continues to be our suicidal policy. If the draft returns I predict an epidemic of severed fingers, serious foot injuries, and sudden surge of Canadian bound migrants.. In the closing days of Rome young men severed off their right thumbs so that the legions could not take them into service.... I guess it is true: Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat history.....
MOTHER OF STRYKER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#155
Aug 28, 2006
 
I'VE BEEN READING ALL OF THE RESPONSES FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW AND IT'S MY TURN NOW. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MY SOLDIER IS FEELING ABOUT THIS EXTENTION BECAUSE HE HAS NOT THE LIBERTIES ALL YOU HAVE HAD. HE IS LIMITED ON HIS E-MAILS HOME, SO, OF COURSE I WORRY DAILY IF THAT CAR WILL PULL IN MY DRIVEWAY WITH THE TERRIBLE NEWS. YES MY SON SIGNED UP KNOWING HE WOULD PROBABLY GO TO IRAQ AND KNOWING HE WOULD FOLLOW THE ORDERS GIVIN TO HIM, BUT IT STILL IS A HORRIBLE BLOW TO BE TOLD THE DAY BEFORE YOU ARE TO LEAVE FOR HOME, YOUR GOING TO BAGHDAD. BUT, AS TIRED AS THEY ARE THE STRYKER BRIGADE WILL DO WHAT IS EXPECTED "THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY". YES, I AGREE THAT THE ONES CONTROLLING ALL THE DECISIONS HAVE SPUN OUT OF CONTROL, BUT I REALLY DON'T SEE ANYONE BETTER TO REPLACE THEM. SO, WHAT DO WE DO "THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY" TO MAKE A CHANGE. ALL THIS ARGUING BACK AND FORTH, THE NAME CALLING AND THE INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE,(BY THE WAY HAS ANYONE READ "THE TERMS OF SERVICE?") I DON'T THINK SO!!!! YOU KNOW I LIVED THRU THE DRAFT OF THE VIETNAM WAR AND I KNOW THERE WAS ALOT OF THINGS DONE TO AVOID THE DRAFT BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT THE ONES WHO FELT THEY HAD TO DO THIS WAS IN NO BETTER SHAPE THAN THE ONES WHO CAME BACK TO A CRUEL USA. THEY TOO WERE SHUNNED, THE ONLY DIFFERNCE THE ONES WHO CAME HOME FROM WAR HAD NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF. OUR MILITARY WHO HAVE COME HOME, STILL THERE, OR ON THEIR WAY TO IRAQ WILL DO WHAT IS ASKED OF THEM, MY QUESTION IS "IS OUR LEADERS GOING TO DO WHAT IS ASKED OF THEM?" BRING OUR SOILDERS HOME NOW, SO THAT HISTORY WON'T REPEAT ITSELF AND (AS SOMEONE SAID EARLIER)ANOTHER WALL WILL HAVE TO BE ERECTED. PLEASE EVERYONE QUIT THIS LANQUAGE THAT WILL HURT OUR MILITARY AND DIRECT IT TO WASHINGTON,STATE OR EVEN COUNTY LEVEL TO GET SOMETHING RIGHT DONE.
Veritas wrote:
Well, that spun compleatly out of control...
Yes, the people signed a contract, and anybody who has ANY experience with the military knows that once uncle sam owns you, your ass is grass. BUT.. The fact that things are being handled the way they are being handeled is absolute proof that we have a bunch of confused apes running things from the top down. Anybody here with much combat experiance can verify this statement: Failures at the top by policy makers and desicion makers equals gallons of their subordinates blood on the field of conflict.....
The policy has failed, and our leaders haved failed to face the responsability of their failure, but for the fallen the outcome and consequences are absolute. Only the most uninformed or unbalanced person would now willingly sign their lives over to these turds in our leadearship. A draft will soon come if "stay the course" continues to be our suicidal policy. If the draft returns I predict an epidemic of severed fingers, serious foot injuries, and sudden surge of Canadian bound migrants.. In the closing days of Rome young men severed off their right thumbs so that the legions could not take them into service.... I guess it is true: Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat history.....
THUNDERHORSE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#156
Aug 28, 2006
 
THE ABOVE COMMENT SAID TO HAVE BEEN BY MOTHER OF STRTKER WAS MADE BY ME "THUNDERHORSE" I WAS THE ONE WHO SIGNED IN AS MOTHER OF STRYKER, IN WHICH I AM, BUT WASN'T AWARE THAT I WAS TO USE MY "THUNDERHORSE" NAME. AGAIN, SORRY, BUT I AM CORRECTING THIS ERROR.
THUNDERHORSE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157
Aug 28, 2006
 
WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THE ADDRESS BOLINGBROOK, IL.? I AM IN KENTUCKY.
omg143

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158
Aug 29, 2006
 
THUNDERHORSE wrote:
WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THE ADDRESS BOLINGBROOK, IL.? I AM IN KENTUCKY.
Must be the server your working on is located in Bolingbrook
Forest Gump

Ashland, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159
Aug 29, 2006
 
Support our troops BRING THEM HOME NOW
Wishing and waiting

Toksook Bay, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#160
Aug 30, 2006
 
I really wish things would change before the soliders leave.. i hope you soliders can trust you wives and know we will send our love to follow you. if your wives love you then we know you will be home again to be with your familys.. God bless you all and be safe.
Dragon 7

Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#161
Sep 19, 2006
 
As a PSG severing over here and a Soldier of the 172nd. I would like to say this was a joke reading. I thought this was about the Soldiers, not a bitch session. Thanks for those who care, screw everyone else, lol!!
whistlestop75

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#163
Sep 27, 2006
 
Wow! Can't believe the session on this forum...I am a Vietnam Vet...anyone signing up understands that every cell on your body belongs to Uncle Sam...YOU are U.S. government property and if you signed up for the big bonus...if you signed up for the education or if you signed up for the monthly pay as a Weekend Warrior you knew what it meant. Just because the U.S. had not been at war for more than 28 years (1973 P.O.W.'s from 'Nam home) didn't mean it couldn't happen...and families...get a grip...they'll be home in six months...support them...they need you to be strong.
Az reader-Shell

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#164
Sep 28, 2006
 
WOW.....who needs Iraq. There is plenty of hate and discontent right here. I dont believe the family members are 'whining' about the extensions of the troops. Isnt it normal for family members to express their concerns for troops, who I might add are just as anxious to come home? christ, the one soldier who is dancing in his pants to go back should realize WE ARE THE ONES SUPPORTING HIM WHILE HE IS THERE. He obviously has issues and needs to find someone who gives two shits about him. There is no rhyme or reason to spit fire at people for expressing grief. We may not be there physically, but we are certainly there in every other manner.my husband has been extended to 20 months,you damn right I was pissed.I hang on every news article, I search every picture, I stay up until 0300 hrs almost every night waiting for any contact. I send him what I can when I can, And still deal with life with our two children.Im trying to be strong, but enough is enough!! Just because Uncle Sam owns them doesnt mean he should be raping them.
wife and mother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#165
Feb 3, 2008
 
my son has been home alittle over a year, he spent two tours,yes there were extenstion of stay, he didn't complain, he just tried to reassure family back home. now my husband is over there and they are talking about extending his stay. he doesn't want it, but he will do as he is told. he knew what he was getting into when he reupped for the army reserves. he is proud to be over there fighting for our freedom. alot of families are going thru hell, alot don't agree about the war, but they should understand what a sacafice the soldier has made, male or female, they are all in this together and the families back home should support them, even if they don't aggree with the war. everyone has their own opinions, wheter right or wrong, we need to support our soldiers. my son and husband are my hero's and as much as i want my husband home, i know he is doing what he beleives in. the extensions for these soldiers isn't right, especially being so close to coming home. my husband is telling me they are talking about extendibg his stay. i hope they don't but if they do, he will do it proudly. i pray for all troups to come home safely, everyone should. no one likes war. just pray they come home to their families.
wife and mother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166
Feb 3, 2008
 
wife and mother are from Kentucky

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of160
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wainwright Discussions

Search the Wainwright Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
In Alaska, it seems they've been slimed (Jul '09) Apr '14 Beefcurtains 8
Bulletin 02/09/14 Feb '14 Ray 1
Ataleaya Saganitso (Aug '13) Aug '13 Smallnavajo 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
AK Who do you support for Governor in Alaska in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '13 Nope 24
usaa- friend or foe (Jul '11) Jul '11 USAA INS-FRIEND OR FOE 1
AK August 23 Alaska Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Jun '11 Fulltimer322 9
•••
•••
•••
Wainwright Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wainwright Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wainwright People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wainwright News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wainwright
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••