Palin Leaves Open Option Of Russian War

There are 5 comments on the Sep 12, 2008, NBC 10 Philadelphia story titled Palin Leaves Open Option Of Russian War. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin left open the option Thursday of waging war with Russia if it were to invade neighboring Georgia and the former Soviet republic were a NATO ally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
LHH

Flemington, NJ

#83 Sep 12, 2008
Caren wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree... this is the liberal media trying to twist her answers to try to discredit her. I think she is great! And a breath of fresh air!
Discredit her?! She does very well on her own to do that. This moron who you think is breath of fresh air believes Iraq is responsible for murdering my friends on 9/11! Something Bush has already taken back saying.
Jon

United States

#84 Sep 13, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
Jon lol it was the Treaty of Versailles that I'm talking about. The League of Nations was founded as a result of this. But the Treaty itself is all binding even today. That's why I don't understand our invasion of Iraq. We should have been stopped a long time ago. But every country needs us for something so they stood by and let us go in and then we bullied other countries along the way to help our murdering selves.
Bonnie, the United States did not ratify the Treaty of Versailles. The Treaty terms may indeed be binding today, but it is not an all-encompassing document; it outlined the provisions for ending the war between the Allies and the Central Powers (Germany in particular). In other words, it has absolutely no bearing on the actions of the United States in Iraq; a moot point, considering that the United States (as a non-signatory) would not be bound to observe the terms of the Treaty, even if it DID encompass the affairs of the Middle East.
In regards to your statement that "we" should have been stopped long ago, the United States was not the only nation to invade Iraq.
If anything, a better example would be the United Nations charter.

Here is a link to the text of the treaty:

http://www.firstworldwar.com/source/versaille...
Jon

United States

#85 Sep 13, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the same pact that got everybody on board to defeat Hitler ? You sure ? I'm gonna do some checking coz that don't sound right.
Hitler used the Treaty of Versailles, with its excessively punitive terms, to come to power; one of his biggest motives was revenge against the Allied powers for imposing the harsh terms of the Treaty and ruining Germany financially, militarily and economically.
There was no single pact that "everyone got on board to defeat Hitler."
Mind you, I'm not backing the invasion of Iraq; I've been against it since the beginning, but I'm just pointing out historical fact.

Since: Jul 08

San Diego, CA

#86 Sep 13, 2008
Palin is one crazy broad. If she and McCain win, it'll be the end of a free America.

“Strives for Clarity ”

Since: Oct 07

Corpus Christi, Texas

#87 Sep 13, 2008
It is easy to see most of you swallowed the lead-in bait hook line and sinker.
Did any one here actually watch the interview?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wainwright Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Alaska, it seems they've been slimed (Jul '09) Apr '14 Beefcurtains 8
News Bulletin 02/09/14 (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ray 1
News Ataleaya Saganitso (Aug '13) Aug '13 Smallnavajo 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
usaa- friend or foe (Jul '11) Jul '11 USAA INS-FRIEND O... 1
News Shell's Plan to Drill for Oil in the Beaufort S... (Dec '10) Jan '11 paul shykora ARTs 2
News Fire destroys K&K Recycling warehouse (Dec '10) Dec '10 Kold 1
More from around the web

Wainwright People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]