Palin Leaves Open Option Of Russian War

Palin Leaves Open Option Of Russian War

There are 85 comments on the NBC 10 Philadelphia story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Palin Leaves Open Option Of Russian War. In it, NBC 10 Philadelphia reports that:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin left open the option Thursday of waging war with Russia if it were to invade neighboring Georgia and the former Soviet republic were a NATO ally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 10 Philadelphia.

Since: May 08

Philly

#21 Sep 12, 2008
Anti wrote:
Your bias is showing in your headline. What she said, is that the US should stand by its commitment. This wasn't always the case in the past. The media is clamoring to bring her to her knees, so far I haven't heard the media's take on Biden. You are quiet on him. Since I do not intend to vote for either Obama nor McCain, I do look at the reporting and find the mainstream media to be very slanted. What I haven't heard from the media, posed to either cadidate, are the questions that really concern the American people. This includes border security, the stupid trade agreements, specifics about the economy etc. The candidates speak in generalities and the media does not pose any hard questions to them. Ask them what they'll do about NAFTA andf WTO. You can cancel your membership with 6 months notice and renegotiate the terms. This should be your job. When are you going to do it? Stop focusing on generalities and start asking questions that are of real concern to the people.
I beleive its your responsibility to inform yourself, not the medias.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#22 Sep 12, 2008
And yeah Kennedy sent the "warships" to Cuba to show them we weren't "messing around." Oh so tough. But Cainehead Bush sent troops to Iraq and we're still stuck in the mud over NOTHING. Billions a DAY.

^^^^^^^^ This is a most bizarre part of your post there Rob. Just exactly what are you saying here ???
Unbelievable
#23 Sep 12, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
I look at this issue as a UN issue. They are the ones supposed to be overseeing countries misbehaving. I don't know what the pact was called after WWI that countries signed to band together and stop invasions like we did in the first Gulf war. The US has got to stop all this freaking war mongering. First Iran was threatened then Korea and now this crazy wench is talking going to war with Russia ????
How well is the UN doing in the Sudan? The UN is nothing.. They never enforce any sanctions, they are all talk, talk, talk, talk.... We have an alliance with Georgia - and as we expect our allies to help protect us, so we must help protect them.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#24 Sep 12, 2008
WellWellWell08 wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout saying War is always a last resort, diplomacy is best served in this case.
Agreed. Bystander and company are just friggin warmongers and it's very plain to see that the undynamic duo are gonna follow suit. That means sucking more money out of our $438 trillion dollar deficit. Invading ANOTHER country who just happens to be good buddies with Iran. Ohhhhhhhhh kaaaaaaaaaaay just what we need. Damn I'm getting a headache lol !!
Unbelievable
#25 Sep 12, 2008
WellWellWell08 wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout saying War is always a last resort, diplomacy is best served in this case.
Well she never said diplomacy wasn't an option or that war was the first or only option. She was asked if it was an option and she said yes. That's the thing about options, there are more than one.

If Obama/Biden are asked the same question, and they say that war with Russia is not totally out of the question, which if they are responsible - they wouldn't say it - would you have the same critique of them? I don't think so.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Sep 12, 2008
Anti wrote:
Oh Bonnie, politicians mut love people like you, like sheep follow the party line. It is time to take the government back to the people, instead of letting big business dictate the policy. It isn't out of altruism that they spend $1,000,000. on both the democratic and republican conventions. Wake up and smell the roses!
Go away. Your opinion does not count. You talk about taking this country back and you're not even going to vote properly moron !!!

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#27 Sep 12, 2008
does anyone remember the jurassic park scene where Sam Neill goes "THAT IS A VERY BADDD IDEA!"
i hear that in my head whenever someone suggests war with china or russia.
Alec Berg

Plainsboro, NJ

#28 Sep 12, 2008
WellWellWell08 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an excellent statement. Well said.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Sep 12, 2008
And what I mean by that Anti is that you are nothing but a coward playing the safe game. Concerning both parties I can hear you now :I didn't vote for him so don't talk to me about it is what you can say after this election is over. Now go back to your comfy couch with your blankie and pacifier and leave the adults to talk.
Anti

United States

#30 Sep 12, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
And what I mean by that Anti is that you are nothing but a coward playing the safe game. Concerning both parties I can hear you now :I didn't vote for him so don't talk to me about it is what you can say after this election is over. Now go back to your comfy couch with your blankie and pacifier and leave the adults to talk.
You are too funny!
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#31 Sep 12, 2008
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Well she never said diplomacy wasn't an option or that war was the first or only option. She was asked if it was an option and she said yes. That's the thing about options, there are more than one.
If Obama/Biden are asked the same question, and they say that war with Russia is not totally out of the question, which if they are responsible - they wouldn't say it - would you have the same critique of them? I don't think so.
Obama has already come out and stated he believes in diplomacy. He has said he would sit down with leaders that Bystander just wants to drop bombs on. Bush has got this country so damn scared of their own shadows that we have come to believe that war is the only answer when nothing could be further from the truth.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#32 Sep 12, 2008
Anti wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too funny!
LOL I hate these political threads lol I don't even know why I come in here. They just get my Irish drawers all in a wad hahahahahahahaha !
Unbelievable
#33 Sep 12, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has already come out and stated he believes in diplomacy. He has said he would sit down with leaders that Bystander just wants to drop bombs on. Bush has got this country so damn scared of their own shadows that we have come to believe that war is the only answer when nothing could be further from the truth.
I'm not scared of my own shadow, and I don't believe war is the only answer - and I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with a politician stating that it is AN option. Because it has to be.
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#35 Sep 12, 2008
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
How well is the UN doing in the Sudan? The UN is nothing.. They never enforce any sanctions, they are all talk, talk, talk, talk.... We have an alliance with Georgia - and as we expect our allies to help protect us, so we must help protect them.
There's nothing in Sudan that anybody wants LOL !! Very sad but very true. Besides, what super power has invaded them ? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Bonnie

Philadelphia, PA

#36 Sep 12, 2008
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not scared of my own shadow, and I don't believe war is the only answer - and I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with a politician stating that it is AN option. Because it has to be.
It doesn't need to be stated at all. There isn't a country out there that does not know we are war mongers. I'm sure the good citizens, both alive and DEAD, in Iraq would agree with me ? Have you seen the HBO special on that war through the eyes of teenagers ? I recommend it highly.
Sandy

Elk Grove Village, IL

#37 Sep 12, 2008
MLS wrote:
Sarah has made very intelligent answers. But Gibson(part of the liberal media) just like the rest of them, tried to have her answer something where they (the liberals) have something to talk about. Of course, they get paid for all their lies.
You must of not listen to her interview, because if that is what you call INTELLIGENT answers, I dont know what the hell you had on you TV, the lady is a nut
CCBanker

Green Lane, PA

#38 Sep 12, 2008
and your point is????????? Are you attempting to make her look bad? NATO members are required to defen done another whether you like it or not. And her comments on global warming are right on. It is not been proven that it even exists, escept in Al Gore's head.
Give her the same break you would give a democratic woman and be fair!
Unbelievable
#39 Sep 12, 2008
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't need to be stated at all. There isn't a country out there that does not know we are war mongers. I'm sure the good citizens, both alive and DEAD, in Iraq would agree with me ? Have you seen the HBO special on that war through the eyes of teenagers ? I recommend it highly.
Gibson asked the question, she answered the question. Its not like its on a campaing poster or anything.
Anti

United States

#40 Sep 12, 2008
WellWellWell, of course you are correct the individual voter should inform him/herelf. but please tell me how many people acually do and where do they get their information. Take an informal survey and find out. Most people have neither the time nor the resources to do this. Ask how many people know about the skandal at the Department of Interior regarding the granting of drilling licenses. This is just one example. Since I didn't see it in the mainstream media, I dought that many people are aware of it. This is just one example.
chitown lady

Edwardsburg, MI

#41 Sep 12, 2008
WOW! Is this lady kidding me? Her comments are what starts a war for christsakes. No wonder why she never speaks. She knows NOTHING !!!!!! Rootin tootin McCain needs to rethink this whack job and fast. The very same women that thinks she is god's gift to the Republicians are the very same women whos sons and daughters will march off to yet another war.....They really need to shut this baord up and FAST! Good luck McCain lovers ! Your children are gonna need it.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wainwright Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Alaska, it seems they've been slimed (Jul '09) Apr '14 Beefcurtains 8
News Bulletin 02/09/14 (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ray 1
News Ataleaya Saganitso (Aug '13) Aug '13 Smallnavajo 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
usaa- friend or foe (Jul '11) Jul '11 USAA INS-FRIEND O... 1
News Shell's Plan to Drill for Oil in the Beaufort S... (Dec '10) Jan '11 paul shykora ARTs 2
News Fire destroys K&K Recycling warehouse (Dec '10) Dec '10 Kold 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wainwright Mortgages