Palin leaves open option of war with ...

Palin leaves open option of war with Russia

There are 33 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Sep 11, 2008, titled Palin leaves open option of war with Russia. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin left open the option Thursday of waging war with Russia if it were to invade neighboring Georgia and the former Soviet republic were a NATO ally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jack

Killeen, TX

#23 Sep 12, 2008
"That is the ONLY thing that most countries want NATO's help with."

MOST countries ARENT NATO members...thanks for playing.
Jack

Killeen, TX

#24 Sep 12, 2008
i believe youre speaking of the U.N....NOT NATO...back to school with you. You seem about as qualified to be president as NObama...are you a commuunity organizer? that would seal the deal..
Slavic Baptist

AOL

#25 Sep 12, 2008
Leria wrote:
I'm afraid that Mrs. Palin is right in this case. If Russia was to invade Georgia, or any other country for that matter, to try to stay there.... the United States would have absolutely no choice but to go to war with them.
Really, if we want to avoid this frightening possibility, we have to start putting pressure on the Russian government to kick out the 'Putinites'.
Should some other country fight US after invasion in to Iraq ? You neocons are blind, Palin hoar is blind and if blind follow the other blind-both will fall. Your time of fashism is over. You offended the whole world with your stupidity. I mean i'm a conservative, but don't belong to your "brown shirt" party. BLOOD of innocent is screaming against your criminal endevor. You have to be judged by the UNCORRUPTABLE JUDGE OF THE UNIVERCE FOR BRINGING HIS HOLY NAME LOW AMONG GENTILES FOR DEATH AND DESTRUCTION OF HIS TOP CREATION-HUMAN RACE. YOU are not christians-you are BABILONIANS. Your mask of "rightesness" is taken down. Don't lie when you say that you are doing Gods business in KILLING. GOD SAID, THAT WE HAVE TO LIVE AMONG GENTILES HUMBLY AND PRAY FOR THEIR SALVATION. THE REAL EVANGELICALS MUST DEVORSE YOU A LONG TIME AGO. GO CHECK PICTURES ON RUSSIAN SITES OF DEAD PEOPLE, YOUR BASTARD SAAKASHVILLI KILLED. RUSSIA CAN KICK YOUR NEOCONIAN BUTT HARD, BECAUSE YOU MADE THEIR MORAL HIGH.
Lucifer

United States

#27 Sep 13, 2008
Slavic Baptist wrote:
<quoted text> Should some other country fight US after invasion in to Iraq ? You neocons are blind, Palin hoar is blind and if blind follow the other blind-both will fall. Your time of fashism is over. You offended the whole world with your stupidity. I mean i'm a conservative, but don't belong to your "brown shirt" party. BLOOD of innocent is screaming against your criminal endevor. You have to be judged by the UNCORRUPTABLE JUDGE OF THE UNIVERCE FOR BRINGING HIS HOLY NAME LOW AMONG GENTILES FOR DEATH AND DESTRUCTION OF HIS TOP CREATION-HUMAN RACE. YOU are not christians-you are BABILONIANS. Your mask of "rightesness" is taken down. Don't lie when you say that you are doing Gods business in KILLING. GOD SAID, THAT WE HAVE TO LIVE AMONG GENTILES HUMBLY AND PRAY FOR THEIR SALVATION. THE REAL EVANGELICALS MUST DEVORSE YOU A LONG TIME AGO. GO CHECK PICTURES ON RUSSIAN SITES OF DEAD PEOPLE, YOUR **** SAAKASHVILLI KILLED. RUSSIA CAN KICK YOUR NEOCONIAN BUTT HARD, BECAUSE YOU MADE THEIR MORAL HIGH.
Thanks for all your good work spreading my news. I am saving a special place for you near to me. See you soon my young demon of the night.
Slavic Baptist

AOL

#28 Sep 13, 2008
Lucifer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for all your good work spreading my news. I am saving a special place for you near to me. See you soon my young demon of the night.
If you are the one, then go to your budies neocons, they are satanic, like you are.
TTIN

Saginaw, MI

#29 Sep 19, 2008
2 problems with this:

1. Russia has NUKES! I for one like being alive. Let's not go to war with a country that has nukes.

2. This isn't a "good versus evil" conflict. Georgia has been suppressing South Ossetians including freedom of speech, the Ossetian language, and their culture. Whereas Russia really just wants an oil pipeline. There is NO good side to this conflict, and we should morally condemn both sides.
Kris

San Rafael, CA

#30 Sep 19, 2008
I guess the governoress doesn't realize that fighting Russia is a little different from shooting defenseless wolves from a copter. Better start building your bomb shelter if the sheeple vote her in.
life long county resident

AOL

#32 Sep 19, 2008
"neocons" did the left wing element just learn a new word?
Slavic Baptist

AOL

#35 Sep 20, 2008
Condi Rice: " We have to punish Russia, because Georgia attacked first." Bush 2002 : "We have to attack Iraq, because Osama attacked on 911" ???!!! Both of them had to attack toilet to throw away remnants of hard alcohol.
Crystal

United States

#36 Sep 29, 2008
Actually Jack.......... I guess it's better to repeat the question 3 ways and stop before you answer.
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
she was ASKED the question bonehead. You must be used to politicians dodging and weaving and saying cool things like, "uh, um, hmm, well ya see, at the end of the day". The Nobama rap..
Crystal

United States

#38 Sep 29, 2008
come lo-Jack! What Democrat stole your wife, dog & daughter. You got some serious Re-Pub issues. Yu know your world is small face it.Obama is in the lead has been and will lead this country.
Bimbomania

Ellsworth, ME

#39 Sep 29, 2008
Leria wrote:
I'm afraid that Mrs. Palin is right in this case. If Russia was to invade Georgia, or any other country for that matter, to try to stay there.... the United States would have absolutely no choice but to go to war with them.
Really, if we want to avoid this frightening possibility, we have to start putting pressure on the Russian government to kick out the 'Putinites'.
Nah, we have to stop giving arms to nuts like Saakashvili, who started this thing.

So, Palin says we go to war over a country that bombed the capital of a secessionist region in the middle of the night. Brilliant. Hell, even Milosevic didn't unleash a rocket barrage on Pristina.

Do you always get your news (and your logic) bass-ackwards?
Bimbomania

Ellsworth, ME

#40 Sep 29, 2008
Slavic Baptist wrote:
Condi Rice: " We have to punish Russia, because Georgia attacked first."
Bush logic.

Now, Palin logic.

Bomb Washington, start America off with a clean slate. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wainwright Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Alaska, it seems they've been slimed (Jul '09) Apr '14 Beefcurtains 8
News Bulletin 02/09/14 (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ray 1
News Ataleaya Saganitso (Aug '13) Aug '13 Smallnavajo 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
usaa- friend or foe (Jul '11) Jul '11 USAA INS-FRIEND O... 1
News Shell's Plan to Drill for Oil in the Beaufort S... (Dec '10) Jan '11 paul shykora ARTs 2
News Fire destroys K&K Recycling warehouse (Dec '10) Dec '10 Kold 1

Wainwright Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wainwright Mortgages