Waimanalo Firefighter Says Man Starte...

Waimanalo Firefighter Says Man Started Scuffle

There are 11 comments on the KITV-TV story from Jun 17, 2010, titled Waimanalo Firefighter Says Man Started Scuffle. In it, KITV-TV reports that:

Police reports shed new light into what started a fight between a Waimanalo firefighter and a 52-year-old man Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KITV-TV.

Gofigga

Honolulu, HI

#1 Jun 18, 2010
That old saying that there are 3 parts to a story is true, and this one is no different.
1. victim accusation
2. perp excuse
3. the truth
In this case both sides are claiming different stories, I guess a judge will have to sort this very unusual happenings out. Why would a firefighter that goes on a call end up punching out a person for nothing? Something just doesn't match up to the details of the victim, or perpetrator. I hope that we find out the TRUTH about what really happened.
Cliff Notes

Honolulu, HI

#2 Jun 18, 2010
Summary: Obnoxious, annoying haole guy with chip on his shoulder against locals, authorities, etc., and "victim" mentality, intentionally provokes local firefighter, who has his own prejudices against haoles as well. Firefighter loses his cool and punches the guy out - old school, local "justice." He is wrong for doing so, although I strongly suspect many of us would empathize with him. The victim was likely being an a-hole, and pushing all the right buttons.

That being said, you can't just pound someone for lipping off and acting stupid. The firefighter will likely get fired, and the "victim" will settle for another couple hundred thousand from the city. And that will encourage him to continue his behavior, provoking people just to prove his point and "teach them a lesson." One day, someone will probably kill him...

“VOTE CRUZ/TRUMP 2016 - JOIN”

Since: Mar 09

THE CONSERVATIVE REVOLUTION!!

#3 Jun 18, 2010
Sounds like the barbecue guy was going to attack and the firefighter was just defending himself. KITV news reported that this guy has filed police brutality lawsuit in the past.

There's something veeeeery fishy about this story.
Real Republican

Kailua, HI

#4 Jun 18, 2010
American_Infidel wrote:
Sounds like the barbecue guy was going to attack and the firefighter was just defending himself. KITV news reported that this guy has filed police brutality lawsuit in the past.
There's something veeeeery fishy about this story.
Young man, don't ever listen to those Liberal television stations. You can't trust a word they say... It's the establishment that is wrong here. Big government fire fighters trying to stick their noses into every little beach barbq... If these government officials would just mind their own business this wouldn't have happened.

You need to stick with Joe on Fox...
Hasn't rush taught you anything?

“VOTE CRUZ/TRUMP 2016 - JOIN”

Since: Mar 09

THE CONSERVATIVE REVOLUTION!!

#5 Jun 18, 2010
Real Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Big government fire fighters trying to stick their noses into every little beach barbq...
Fake Republican,

REAL Republicans don't consider law enforcement officials such as fire fighters, police officers, CIA, FBI, etc as "big government"..

Big government would be things like Obama's multi trillion dollar taxpayer funded government takeover of our healthcare or destructive entitlement programs like FannieMae/Freddie Mac.
Reality Bites

Honolulu, HI

#6 Jun 19, 2010
Real Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Young man, don't ever listen to those Liberal television stations. You can't trust a word they say... It's the establishment that is wrong here. Big government fire fighters trying to stick their noses into every little beach barbq... If these government officials would just mind their own business this wouldn't have happened.
You need to stick with Joe on Fox...
Hasn't rush taught you anything?
it's interesting how Democrats like you now feel the need to pose as Republicans in order to distort GOP viewpoints.

The Left can't win arguments over the issues on their own merits, so now they have to resort to lies and trickery. But I guess that's nothing new... the Democrats have always seemed to act as though they know what's best for us, and that we shouldn't dare question or challenge them.

And what are you going to do besides resorting to desperate, unethical behavior, when your own comrades on the Left, like Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, and James Carville have been slamming Obama?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/15/obam...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-200060...

Even major Democratic cheerleaders are starting to show that they're fed up with Obama and his glaring incompetence.
Gonzo

Canada

#7 Jun 19, 2010
The white guy that was punched out sounds like a modern day Thalia Massie !
Real Republican

Kailua, HI

#8 Jun 19, 2010
Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>it's interesting how Democrats like you now feel the need to pose as Republicans in order to distort GOP viewpoints.
I'm really sorry guy. being able to detect sarcasm is a developmental skill that starts at about age 12. I shouldn't assume the repubs on this forum have thinking ability above 12 years old...

Again, sorry dude...
Polly

Panama City, Panama

#9 Jun 19, 2010
& *Splat*
Reality Bites

Honolulu, HI

#10 Jun 19, 2010
Real Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really sorry guy. being able to detect sarcasm is a developmental skill that starts at about age 12. I shouldn't assume the repubs on this forum have thinking ability above 12 years old...
Again, sorry dude...
Successful sarcasm and irony require at least a modicum of skill in ensuring that the writer's (actual) underlying position is clear. If your post was intended to be "sarcastic," then you definitely missed the mark.

But don't take my word for it. Show that message to someone you know who has an academic background in writing/English -- but who doesn't know where you stand politically -- and ask him/her if your actual position was clear.

No doubt, you know exactly where you're coming from... but you fail to successfully convey that to others via your poor writing ability. Don't blame others for that. Blame yourself.
Hnlcraig

Aiea, HI

#11 Jun 19, 2010
The fireman should have restrained himself. Four guys couldn't have held a drunk guy till HPD arrived? What an embarrassment to HFD. Man up, if you lost your cool come clean. Did mr. Murray call you a name? Well you showed him. You were a tough guy that night now your a little boy hiding behind "alledgedly being pushed or pulled" thanks for wasting my tax dollars. I hope he gets canned there's dozens of better people for that position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waimanalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 43 caught in raid (Jul '08) 21 hr Lysol 4 352
News Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe (May '07) Feb 6 kristin 429
News The Latest: Obamas return to vacation home afte... Jan '16 Responsibility 2
News Obamas set to return to Hawaii for annual vacation Dec '15 Ha8ter 90
News Barack Obama enjoys a hike in windy weather wit... Dec '15 Joe Balls 1
Aiea Jukebox (Jun '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 18
Sit-lie ban - Scott MacMillan (Apr '15) Nov '15 Justice 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waimanalo Mortgages