Storm worries Tongans

Storm worries Tongans

There are 125 comments on the The Honolulu Advertiser story from Feb 15, 2010, titled Storm worries Tongans. In it, The Honolulu Advertiser reports that:

Worried Tongan families gathered for Sunday services at the First United Methodist Church in Honolulu yesterday, fearing the damage caused back home by Tropical Cyclone Rene.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Honolulu Advertiser.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Maa Lahi

Auckland, New Zealand

#1 Feb 16, 2010
Fk-'ofa he 'oku 'ai ai e feinga ke kei langa fo'ou moe toe laka mai 'a Rene ia 'o fk-kina 'i lotokolo.Hangehange ka to ha ki'i honge he kuo toe 'osi e mei ia ki lalo hono lulu he'e matangi.
Milsa

Palmerston North, New Zealand

#2 Feb 16, 2010
Maa Lahi wrote:
Fk-'ofa he 'oku 'ai ai e feinga ke kei langa fo'ou moe toe laka mai 'a Rene ia 'o fk-kina 'i lotokolo.Hangehange ka to ha ki'i honge he kuo toe 'osi e mei ia ki lalo hono lulu he'e matangi.
Sai pe ngangana ia 'a e mei he 'oku kei tu'u pe Topai ia mo e lau,'Oku faka'ofa ko e lahi hono maumau'i 'e Rene 'a e ngaahi fale.What's so sad that most people that could afford to rebuild their houses aren't affected. Hange ko e lau tau lotu pe ke lahi ke to mai ha tapuaki ki hotau kainga Tonga

Since: Nov 08

Mililani, HI

#3 Feb 16, 2010
The hard work begins again, The basic needs of food and shelter must be met.

Then you can start rebuilding the basic infrastructure; power, sanitation, communication, roads, etc.

You have very strong and far sighted leaders; International assistance is there.
alice

Kahului, HI

#4 Feb 16, 2010
I gave money to Red Cross..please help our neighbors.
Maa Lahi

Auckland, New Zealand

#5 Feb 16, 2010
alice wrote:
I gave money to Red Cross..please help our neighbors.
I myself think that giving money to the Red Cross is a wrong idea.Look at the aid money that was donated towards Princes Ashika,where did all that go to?.If I'll give donations I would give them straight to the families to make sure that they all get the help that they need.I don't trust the government no more.
manauke

Denmark

#6 Feb 16, 2010
Maa Lahi wrote:
<quoted text>
I myself think that giving money to the Red Cross is a wrong idea.Look at the aid money that was donated towards Princes Ashika,where did all that go to?.If I'll give donations I would give them straight to the families to make sure that they all get the help that they need.I don't trust the government no more.
The channels are in place already. See your ministers. Families have their own links.
Maa Lahi

Auckland, New Zealand

#7 Feb 16, 2010
manauke wrote:
<quoted text>
The channels are in place already. See your ministers. Families have their own links.
I know that families have their own links coming from their families overseas,but don't forget not all families in Tonga have links from other forein countries.Which I think that's it's still best to take aids and help funds straight to the people's own hands.

I don't trust the ministers in tonga.

Since: Jun 08

Mililani, HI

#8 Feb 16, 2010
Apologies for picture.

I don't know about Tongan politics. The church ministers and Reverends I've met here seem like very honorable people who come to bat for their congregations.

During times of havoc cautiousness is wise. The scammers and those who capitalize on the misfortune of others come out.

Tremendous natural forces were unleashed; much hard work will go into rebuilding.
alice

Kahului, HI

#9 Feb 16, 2010
Most Tongans are honest but a few are rip-off artists.
Mao tai

Montréal, Canada

#10 Feb 16, 2010
Alice the worm.
alice

Kahului, HI

#11 Feb 16, 2010
I gave to the red cross fo0r Tongan relief
Lai

Mililani, HI

#12 Feb 16, 2010
Pretty good damage reorts only started coming in this morning.
alice

Kahului, HI

#13 Feb 16, 2010
alice wrote:
I gave to the red cross for Tongan relief
we all should
Geopetto

Netherlands

#14 Feb 16, 2010
Strange, normally one says they gave to the Red Cross already or they make a special appeal via their mailing lists.
alice

Kahului, HI

#15 Feb 16, 2010
I am just saying help Tonga..Red Cross does a very good job
Nagual

Netherlands

#16 Feb 16, 2010
Well, accurate statement
Maa Lahi

Auckland, New Zealand

#17 Feb 16, 2010
alice wrote:
I am just saying help Tonga..Red Cross does a very good job
Red Cross does a good job to help our people but the Tongan government runs almost everything.
Fie tokoni

Nelson, New Zealand

#18 Feb 17, 2010
Kapau te tau tanaki ha tokoni ki tonga ki he matangi kuo hoko, ko hai tene kai oku sai ange ke taki taha tokoni pe ki hono famili,'osi atu ae tanaki ae fuu luafe ke tokoni kihe ngaahi famili nae hoko ai ae faingataa ihe ngoto ae ashika, nae alu ki fe ae tokoni ko ia? ko hai naa ane kai, faka'ofa koe fonua lotu, lotu pe mo atamai lelei.
nalak

Thailand

#19 Feb 17, 2010
And the Red Cross money goes to???
inside their pockets!!! LOL
Maa Lahi

Auckland, New Zealand

#20 Feb 17, 2010
nalak wrote:
And the Red Cross money goes to???
inside their pockets!!! LOL
How do you know?.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waimanalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aiea Jukebox (Jun '12) May 23 Musikologist 20
News Homeless assistance program faces chop Apr '17 District 1 7
News U.S. Rep. Hirono 'getting a sense' of Iraq (Jun '08) Mar '17 AceHigh777 66
News Remembering the Kailua of old (Sep '08) Mar '17 Kaleialoha 17
Parking lot remodel and construction fence arou... Feb '17 JE interested 1
News Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe (May '07) Jan '17 White Supremacist 433
News The Latest: Obama kicks off New Year's Eve on g... Jan '17 Pope Closet Emeritus 29

Waimanalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waimanalo Mortgages