Driver gets 2-year term for fatal crash - Hawaii News

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Tyler Nainoa Duarte apologized in state court yesterday to the families of two women he killed when he crashed his SUV into their car in Waimanalo last year.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of81
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
frequent visitor

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Didn't a lady get 420 years for theft last week? A human life equals 1 year. I'm speechless.
Lee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Judge Wong, you make me sick!
Lolo

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Is $7,224 the price the courts put on the lives of two women? Seems like this punk should be paying through his nose for the rest of his life.
sacaloha

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judge Frances Wong - I do not know you or the rules for sentencing a double-murderer. I cry for the victim's families and the kids who will never be with their mothers again, but mostly for your decision that reads "The two years represent one year for each of the two negligent homicides." I ask you to read this out loud to the families, and to yourself. The next time you preside over a murder case, read it again out loud to yourself. Maybe, only maybe, you will not make the same devastating mistake to society.
wackie

Wahiawa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Unfortunately the linient courts let this criminal literally get away. The individual should not have been given probation. Should have locked him up for the full term.

What kind of justice is this for the family? The jer k ran away from the crime scene. May he make many new friends in prison, maybe somebodys girlfriend.
Kimo

Leander, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

My gosh look at the equation. Arrogant punk, who is now thrilled that he got away with murder. Will get out early and come out more defiant and a slouch on society. Then you have a judge who looks like she should be selling manapua on the side of the street with this lame sentencing. Rediculous on all accounts.
Lou

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Two moms die. Two sets of children left alone. And the killer gets two years? I read this story but I can't believe it. Please say it's not true.
Tama Samoa

Hilo, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judged:

Time for con con to help change the fail 40 years of liberal democrats who pick these feel sorry weak liberal judges.

Our judiciary system is a mess, our public school system is a joke, our local economy has never improve, our politician are corrupt and our time has come for a change.
sacaloha

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Judge Frances Wong - this is not a theft at Best Buy where restitution would be paid for stealing an iPod.

Your ruling of restitution was to pay for two women's funerals, and one year of prison for each life that was taken.

You have embarrassed the court system and yourself. Hawai'i is severely saddened.
Maxima

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

A punk kills two innocent people & gets 2 years, and the other punk punches a marine and gets more time???
Judge Wong and other judges (Towne, etc) are why our criminal justice system is broken.
Politicans are you okay with this???
We're not and you need to be removed immediately!!!!
Wong Number

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

It is appalling to the people of Hawaii that this PUNK is sentenced to what amounts to a pittance of time to be served for KILLING, did I say KILLING two innocent people! To make matters worse, the PUNK, did I say PUNK, will not acknowledge that he in essence, used his vehicle as the weapon of choice to KILL these women. KILL! DEAD! GONE FOREVER! Youthful innocence? BULL FN CRAP! The PUNK deserves REAL time in prison so he can then fully accept responsibility for his actions. Inside, he is laughing and knows he is getting away with MURDER! TWO MURDERS! Judge WRONG is F'DUP BIG TIME!
get real

Makawao, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Unreal! 2 years???!! You got to be kidding?!!

The scum bag that molested the 13 year old on a plane got seven years in a federal pen! While I believe he should have even gotten more, the point here is the disparity in the sentences meted out.

Our state judges need to start following the Federal Court standards in sentencing.

get real
sacaloha

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

I feel Chris's anger. Just remember to ask for Judge Frances Wong after you meet this punk at Halawa's gate. She'll give you community service!
Chris wrote:
I don't know who to hate more. The incompetent judge or the tough-guy wanna be Tyler Duarte. How I'd love to wipe that little smirk of his f@@@ing face.
If he killed one of my family members he'd be better off getting life 'cause I'd be waitig for him right outside Halawa gates. The minute he got out, he'd wish he'd stayed in the joint with all his boyfriends. Little scumbag.
WHAT

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Where's justice for those two women and the families they left behind?!!! Once again the stupidity of the courts just boggles the mind and the so called judicial system worked against the victims in favor of the defendants like Tyle Duarte. Maybe if it were one of Judge Wong's relatives then Duarte would get what he truly deserves. When the heck is she retiring? The public can't afford any more of her stupid decisions.

The children of the victims should sue the people who hosted the party that Duarte attended for allowing him drink when he was not of legal age.
Kimo

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

We need a justice system here.
onlyparadise

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

judge wong should be sentenced to 30 years to life in prision for this crime she committed to the victims family.

we need to vote for politicians who will put the right judges in our courts
OKI DOKI

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

This is a prime example of why Hawaii is so ****** up!!!!!
stopalready

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Unbelievable!!!!!!! I keep trying to wrap my brain around this one and I can't fathom the reasoning of this judge. Shame, shame, shame. I hope this isn't seen nationally, again Hawaii's justice system will be laughed at!
And this kid didn't know about what happened or he wouldn't have run???? Yeah, sure. Two innocent women died ... so I'm sure the car was beyond totalled!
Judge Wong ... STEP DOWN!
roach

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Higa (the guy that threw the baby off the freeway pedestrian overpass) should be praying that he gets Judge Wong for his trial. Duarte kills two people with his car and gets a 2 year sentence, Higa should get less than a year in prison killing a baby.
Judges should be elected not appointed !
I SUpport that idea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

JUST LIKE THE HTA LEADER YOU SHOULD STEP DOWN. You have brought INJUSTICE to the PEOPLE OF HAWAII. Step down or quit! PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR..........

DANG BOY KILLED TWO WOMEN......TWO MOMS........TWO LIVES..........

AND ONLY GETS "TWO" FN YEARS?????????? WHAT THE FRICK

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of81
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Waimanalo Discussions

Search the Waimanalo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Isle housing bottom seen - Business (Apr '09) Thu Guru huffs all the time 61,587
Hawaii Construction Boom: New Developments Comi... Wed Puke 4 3
Police looking for Kaneohe skateboard bandit Apr 9 Damn 1
One juvenile corrections facility escapee caugh... Apr 6 Roach control 2
New display at Ala Moana show's rail's progress Mar 25 Richard 4
Aiea Jukebox (Jun '12) Mar 18 Musikologist 11
Homestead award ends family's 51-year wait - Ha... (Oct '08) Mar '14 Big Bird 4 31
•••
•••
•••
Waimanalo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Waimanalo Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Waimanalo People Search