'I just can't believe he's gone' - Hawaii News

A newlywed killed in a crash on Pali Highway is recalled as a dedicated father who was at a high point in his life By Leila Fujimori POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Nov 20, 2009 Return to Paginated View Married only three days, 43-year-old Michael Allen Borges was driving home on Pali Highway with his new bride, Fran, when a car cut in front of them. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
EAT DIX

Honolulu, HI

#73 Nov 22, 2009
such a tragedy, a habitual speeder dies due to speeding. who would have thought.
Detox

Honolulu, HI

#74 Nov 22, 2009
alice wrote:
There is far too much drinking, meth use, fast driving and aggressive driving out there. Please just stop it!
Take your own advice and stop taking drugs. Don't act like you don't, cause WE know better than that. Chinatown has many eyes watching you.
Blue Eyed White Devil

Hauula, HI

#75 Nov 22, 2009
Stop pointing fingers already, look at his driving record.
Inspite of the lolos, I've concluded that Hawaii's drivers on the whole are more polite and considerate than any I have seen anywhere.
Due I think to the fact that so many are professional truckers, cabbies, or in the tour industry.
Hmmm

Kalaheo, HI

#76 Nov 23, 2009
Blue Eyed White Devil wrote:
Stop pointing fingers already, look at his driving record.
Inspite of the lolos, I've concluded that Hawaii's drivers on the whole are more polite and considerate than any I have seen anywhere.
Due I think to the fact that so many are professional truckers, cabbies, or in the tour industry.
That is a positive way of looking at it, and something I need to keep in mind the next time I'm tempted to yell at someone for driving "stupid."

That being said, however, "polite and courteous" intentions do not always translate to "good driving."
808townie

Honolulu, HI

#77 Nov 24, 2009
You know what folks - you know who I "grieve" for? The unnamed, countless victims this fool will no longer threaten. Ever see the movie 'It's A Wonderful Life'? The one with Jimmy Stewart? Only the point was that taking a good man out of the picture sent out terrible ripples that affected so much more than his own life. But he was GOOD man. Not a reckless arrogant self-absorbed jerk. This is what's wrong with our country - we're obsessed with glorifying people just because they died. But what if his lost life saved some poor family their grief because he didn't crashed into them? Some poor tutu who won't be run down? A kid who won't be crushed and dragged because he's no longer on the roads? What do we say then? "Oh, dat stupid buggah." "He should've lost his license!" "Where were da cops!?", etc, etc. Ad nauseum. When do you guys stop being enablers and apologists for the morons in the world? My family all drive - and I fear for them every time they take to the roads - and why - because of knuckleheads just like this. Do I feel bad that he left behind a wife and two keiki - absolutely. BUT HE DID IT - HIS FOOT ON THE GAS PEDAL. Anyone say there was gun to this guy's head? This shibai about a so-called mystery driver and cop chasing a green car - conspiracy theorists are the worst. Look at this way - his last act on earth was a public service.
neva mind

Honolulu, HI

#78 Nov 29, 2009
Pops wrote:
SPEED AND ALCOHOL, WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?
hey dum fak no alcohol. stupid fak
rayh

Wahiawa, HI

#79 Dec 7, 2009
Yeah just speed and stupidity. More people seem to be driving stupid than drunk these days. Ought to set up check points for that. "Excuse me sir I think you're too stupid please step out of the car".
neva mind wrote:
<quoted text> hey dum fak no alcohol. stupid fak

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waimanalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isle housing bottom seen - Business (Apr '09) 6 hr redacted 61,984
Severe flooding in Southeast Asia: 100,000 Mala... Fri Grubers Golf Guilt 1
President Obama's Hawaii vacation: Day 1 Dec 25 barefoot2626 30
skype masturbation Dec 22 Rex13 1
Aiea Jukebox (Jun '12) Dec 21 Musikologist 15
Holiday Greeting: LCR Troy Dotson Dec 13 MOMIN ANSARI 1
Items left by homeless campers removed from Kan... Dec 6 Guru 2
Waimanalo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web