Deal resolves trash dispute - Hawaii ...

Deal resolves trash dispute - Hawaii News

There are 7 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Aug 27, 2009, titled Deal resolves trash dispute - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Shipping of Oahu's trash to the mainland is expected to start by late September under an agreement between the city and a private company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Next Load Out

Honolulu, HI

#1 Aug 27, 2009
The next load of trash to be shipped off the rock should also include Mufi and Yoshioka for lying to us by omission in concealing the 500 million dollar budget short-fall in the Rail road job on us.

Knowingly providing the feds with outdated, and therefore, misinformation, only confirms that kind of rubbish in City Hall.
Big John-Hawaii Kai

Kailua, HI

#2 Aug 27, 2009
And to think this Mayor could just be our next governor.
Flexo

Kula, HI

#3 Aug 27, 2009
I guess Hawaiian Waste Systems finally got their kickback (ehr, I mean campaign contribution) in to Mufi. Now that's being responsive.
Mufi made a big stink about nothing. The contractor had already agreed to let the city control the scale. Now he is going to take credit in a campaign brochure. Just watch.
money dump

Honolulu, HI

#4 Aug 27, 2009
Total waste of money. The only one who benefits from this is the Ko Olina resort. It pays to have the city council chair and the senate president as your resident lobbyists.
Nutso

Honolulu, HI

#5 Aug 27, 2009
Flexo wrote:
I guess Hawaiian Waste Systems finally got their kickback (ehr, I mean campaign contribution) in to Mufi. Now that's being responsive.
Mufi made a big stink about nothing. The contractor had already agreed to let the city control the scale. Now he is going to take credit in a campaign brochure. Just watch.
Since you don't know what you're talking about, why not just shut the hell up?
kapaa

Lihue, HI

#6 Aug 27, 2009
Mufi over slabercrombie anyday!
CWD

Hilo, HI

#7 Aug 27, 2009
What a waste of money - might as well just ship it directly to H-Power.

The cost of fuel alone already makes the $99 a ton assessment obsolete. The money will be gone in months before the end of the fiscal year since there will be no cargo to be returned to Hawai`i to help underwrite the costs.

The only other option will be to dump the garbage in the North Pacific Gyre and pretend that it was delivered to the landfill in Central Washington.

The company won't have to pay a tipping fee to Rabanco, the landfill operators, either. After dumping the garbage in the middle of the night, the Captain will slowly sail back to Hawai`i to pick up the next load.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waimanalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aiea Jukebox (Jun '12) May 23 Musikologist 20
News Homeless assistance program faces chop Apr '17 District 1 7
News U.S. Rep. Hirono 'getting a sense' of Iraq (Jun '08) Mar '17 AceHigh777 66
News Remembering the Kailua of old (Sep '08) Mar '17 Kaleialoha 17
Parking lot remodel and construction fence arou... Feb '17 JE interested 1
News Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe (May '07) Jan '17 White Supremacist 433
News The Latest: Obama kicks off New Year's Eve on g... Jan '17 Pope Closet Emeritus 29

Waimanalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waimanalo Mortgages