Under control - Hawaii News

Under control - Hawaii News

There are 3 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 12, 2009, titled Under control - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

QUESTION: I sometimes drive through the Kawainui Marsh area in Kailua and see that the invasive weed Salvinia molesta has almost completely covered the waterways now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

swannie

Ocean View, HI

#1 Dec 12, 2009
For that high way bridge that is more than 30% over budget and years past the schedule. Pretty good predictor for what the miles of elevated concrete will be like for the railroad.
sideline

AOL

#2 Dec 12, 2009
another one?
invasive apathy

Hilo, HI

#3 Dec 12, 2009
DLNR does it again. This time with Salvinia. Ever wonder about the real reason why miconia got so bad? DLNR didn't and wouldn't act seriously when they had the chance to eradicate miconia and ended up with a mess they can no longer wrap their heads around. Twenty years ago they said, it's only a small popuplation that didnt "pose an imminent threat of spreading" and they used the same old tired excuse of lack of funding. The only thing DLNR seems to be expert at is making excuses and spreading invasives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waimanalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Rep. Hirono 'getting a sense' of Iraq (Jun '08) Mar 21 AceHigh777 66
News Remembering the Kailua of old (Sep '08) Mar 18 Kaleialoha 17
Parking lot remodel and construction fence arou... Feb '17 JE interested 1
News Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe (May '07) Jan '17 White Supremacist 433
News The Latest: Obama kicks off New Year's Eve on g... Jan '17 Pope Closet Emeritus 29
Small Family Looking for Summer Rental Home Jan '17 Priscilla 1
News The Latest: Obama kicks off New Year's Eve on g... Jan '17 Cordwainer Trout 4

Waimanalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waimanalo Mortgages