Drowning resurrects call for lifeguards

Drowning resurrects call for lifeguards

There are 42 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 2, 2008, titled Drowning resurrects call for lifeguards. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

By Gary T. Kubota gkubota@starbulletin.com WAILUKU A second Maui visitor has died this year in waters off Makena State Beach, renewing complaints about government delays in posting lifeguards on the shoreline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
floater

Honolulu, HI

#46 Jun 12, 2008
calguy wrote:
Lifeguards at popular beaches anywhere are a MUST, Now! Not by August or September. Now!
You don't get it! You can't post a lifeguard everywhere - who's to say that people die only at so-called "popular beaches". During key tourist season, beaches everywhere are crowded. You can't prevent deaths just by having more lifeguards.
Shawn

San Diego, CA

#47 Oct 2, 2009
I was extremely saddened to hear about Gene's passing today.Gene and I became good friends and then roommates back in the late 80's when he was still working out at EAFB. Later, we worked together again at Rafters. Although life took us in different directions, I occasionally ran into him in Weho where we'd catch up and say hello. He will be missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wailuku Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whites dont know what white slavery is yet soem... May '17 GetReal 2
Lahaina Music Thread (Aug '13) May '17 Musikologist 11
Joe Groomes Mar '17 Nancy Groomes 1
Kihei/Wailea House Rental Sleep 8 // Dec 17- Ja... Mar '17 sherrykate 1
Old town Paia Jan '17 Fukmi 1
You took down my post? Jan '17 Fukme 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Nov '16 Musikologist 13

Wailuku Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance