Hawaii Legislators to Visit Homeless

Hawaii Legislators to Visit Homeless

There are 88 comments on the Honolulu story from Jul 12, 2010, titled Hawaii Legislators to Visit Homeless. In it, Honolulu reports that:

What better way to learn about the homeless epidemic on Oahu than to visit the homeless themselves? That's the thinking of three members from the Hawaii House of Representatives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#1 Jul 13, 2010
The Democrats still don't have an exit plan for their 50-year War on Poverty.

Sad.
Blow hard

Honolulu, HI

#2 Jul 13, 2010
Boy they are going thru desperate measures to get re elected.
Ganid

United States

#3 Jul 13, 2010
HOMELESSNESS IS EVERY WHERE , EVERY REASON , EVERY CULTURE AND INCOME, also some chose this , homeless some are smelly with oder , dirty , big issues , ITS EFFECTS ALL But do we do , 1 enforce laws No squatting Permits only , All the camp grounds here and every where squatters , tresspassers lets respect peoples property from feces and etc from these homeless you are not an animal , 1st human being , and bath busdrivers and other passengers makeing vomit , homelessness clean up , obey , homeless some runaways , ex convicts , felonist , very dsangerous beware .... dead beat dads , abused wifes , new borns children that needs to be getting education , enforce pregnacy sterilize tax payers support them raisedc their own kids , some abuse the system all come to here its Hawaii , Stop blsaming all homeless , look at track record ofGovernour shes not nice person , how many church going people complaining well a true Christian tries to understand , Donot call homeless names , kick them , abuse them often they get exploited shame on these people , even a pastor that canot stand his brotherin law because he homeless , However person need to bath , no reason for that number agencies for them however they want actually whooping amounts of funds , But only limited AMOUNT USED EXAmple H5 NOT A GOOD PLACE WAY OVER PRAised dirty unfit for a cat Perhaps some want free ride , taxpayers it effects each and evdery one of us , beaches , parks , trashed why some of yopu people do this , Law makers need to fix the promblems enforcing your posted signs no animals alocohol and permits , everyone each one can help old things one no longer useing drop off at agency , voleenter , some sad cases some good decent innocent ones out there where VA OR ETC GOT RICH OFF THESE PEOPLE SHAME POLITICANS , THE HOMELESS DONOT BOTHER YOU , INFANTS , CHILDREN some run aways some bad situtions , But homeless some honest sincere clean caring ones they all have feelings remember the rich your shit when you go is nbo rose smell you may act think so , Speak up quest its crooked stop taking from the indigent weakl , sick , frail , mental issue , substtance issues the state dark dirty lies is many are invited to the state pay for all ... then another case hair dresser pays homeless was he sincere or more publicity as most think , social security , disability any one can be at any age any time. Donot punish being poor , all wish well peace , violence is not the answer , you cheating politicans and agencies know each bad apple .
kyle

United States

#4 Jul 13, 2010
wow greaat feelings when wrote , yes all homeless not bad fact is some you not even know well dressed and so plesent , homeless cry like the more fortunate. I admire ones i know strong willed, happy make the best .Aany one of us can fall emotionally, yes finically as well . Each to their own life however it is to be . Until you walk in ones shoes . Each and everyone needs to do best of ones ability .
Wai nai

Honolulu, HI

#5 Jul 14, 2010
Wow only 4 posts I guess the rest of the posters know that this is just shibai.
sapato

Honolulu, HI

#6 Jul 14, 2010
American_Infidel wrote:
The Democrats still don't have an exit plan for their 50-year War on Poverty.
Sad.
Limbaugh does!

Let um go dumpster diving! Another great republican idea!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
raider

Honolulu, HI

#7 Jul 14, 2010
American_Infidel wrote:
The Democrats still don't have an exit plan for their 50-year War on Poverty.
Sad.
What specifically would you suggest the government do about the problem?

Just asking.
stumpy

Kapolei, HI

#8 Jul 14, 2010
Ganid wrote:
THE HOMELESS DONOT BOTHER YOU
I call BS on that gem. Last week my car was crashed into the second day I owned it. The driver was one of your libral pets, no insurance, no registration. I have a $1,600 dollar repair bill due this week, about $1,599 more than the dirtbag's life is worth that hit my car. What is his punishment? A traffic ticket that will never be paid, and the scumbag drove off into the sunset to crash into someone else. I would have shot him dead on the spot but I have a family to raise.

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#9 Jul 15, 2010
raider wrote:
<quoted text>
What specifically would you suggest the government do about the problem?
Just asking.
Specifically in Hawaii...cut taxes, give tax breaks/tax incentives to businesses so they can start hiring again, get rid of the prehistoric Jones Act which will greatly reduce the cost of living. The idea is to make it more affordable to live here so people don't end up on the streets.

Hey, dumbfcks in the square building...are you listening??

(btw, this does not include the dumbass druggie losers who'd rather get high than work...they deserve to be homeless)

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#10 Jul 15, 2010
stumpy wrote:
<quoted text> I call BS on that gem. Last week my car was crashed into the second day I owned it. The driver was one of your libral pets, no insurance, no registration. I have a $1,600 dollar repair bill due this week, about $1,599 more than the dirtbag's life is worth that hit my car. What is his punishment? A traffic ticket that will never be paid, and the scumbag drove off into the sunset to crash into someone else. I would have shot him dead on the spot but I have a family to raise.
Dude, get a lawyer you can still sue even if he doesn't have insurance. Check with your insurance company if youre paying for uninsured/underinsured coverage on your policy. This covers you if you get into an accident with someone who doesn't have insurance. You can still collect!
stumpy

Kapolei, HI

#11 Jul 15, 2010
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, get a lawyer you can still sue even if he doesn't have insurance. Check with your insurance company if youre paying for uninsured/underinsured coverage on your policy. This covers you if you get into an accident with someone who doesn't have insurance. You can still collect!
Insurance told me they won't help, so sue in small claims. Fat lot of good that will do. Just another example of how the working people suffer because liberals pity the bums at every opportunity,

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#12 Jul 15, 2010
stumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Insurance told me they won't help, so sue in small claims. Fat lot of good that will do. Just another example of how the working people suffer because liberals pity the bums at every opportunity,
Insurance companies love taking your money but hate to shell it out. Get an attorney, he will get it for you especially if you've been injured.
Anti Alice

Houston, TX

#13 Jul 15, 2010
Poople caught driving without insurance should be removed from their car ON THE SPOT and the vehicle IMPOUNDED, no matter where they are or time of day. If they can't provide proof of insurance within a reasonable period of time, like 15 days, the vehicle should be DESTROYED. This is how the United Kingdom deals with this problem.
Born Free

Honolulu, HI

#14 Jul 15, 2010
Leave us be....to live like free animals.
We should be able to defecate where ever we want.
The only good thing done was the free wifi in chinatown so we can blog freely on here.
leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#15 Jul 15, 2010
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Specifically in Hawaii...cut taxes, give tax breaks/tax incentives to businesses so they can start hiring again, get rid of the prehistoric Jones Act which will greatly reduce the cost of living. The idea is to make it more affordable to live here so people don't end up on the streets.
Hey, dumbfcks in the square building...are you listening??
(btw, this does not include the dumbass druggie losers who'd rather get high than work...they deserve to be homeless)
Sure they are listening. Hanneman just approved a tax which will be passed on to renters.
He was laughing when he said it will not be that much. He was actually giggling when asked about raising taxes on those least able to afford it. GET is not enough for this greedy hateful man.
Now his travel expenses are being questioned. But the worst is still to come if his useless rail project gets started, would like to hear how many millions have gone into it already. It is like his own little personal stimulus project which will hold down economy of Hawaii forever.
He knows that if he gives out a free hot dog it will get him a vote. Sad sad sad
leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#16 Jul 15, 2010
Anti Alice wrote:
Poople caught driving without insurance should be removed from their car ON THE SPOT and the vehicle IMPOUNDED, no matter where they are or time of day. If they can't provide proof of insurance within a reasonable period of time, like 15 days, the vehicle should be DESTROYED. This is how the United Kingdom deals with this problem.
No money in fines for that so they go after nice, legal vehicles where they are sure they will get our dollars while the unregistered clunkers creep along on their way ignored by pd

Half a million so far in fines for cell phone.

Click it or ticket is another fund raiser.
Harry

Honolulu, HI

#17 Jul 15, 2010
stumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Insurance told me they won't help, so sue in small claims. Fat lot of good that will do. Just another example of how the working people suffer because liberals pity the bums at every opportunity,
Dude you must have NO FAULT insurance in Hawaii. This is to protect you in case the other driver has none. You might have a high deductible that you are responsible for but not the entire bill to fix your car. How come the BIG bill?
Thomas

United States

#18 Jul 15, 2010
stumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Insurance told me they won't help, so sue in small claims. Fat lot of good that will do. Just another example of how the working people suffer because liberals pity the bums at every opportunity,
Well atleast you may have some chance of collecting some money in a small claims court in Hawaii ! Be glad you do not live here in Arizona the illegal Mexican aliens here drive without insurance , without drivers licenses and many corrupt liberal (communist) Arizona politicans look out for "their" best interests ! The liberal motto is "F*ck the Americans , lets help the illegals "
stumpy

Kapolei, HI

#19 Jul 15, 2010
Anti Alice wrote:
Poople caught driving without insurance should be removed from their car ON THE SPOT and the vehicle IMPOUNDED, no matter where they are or time of day. If they can't provide proof of insurance within a reasonable period of time, like 15 days, the vehicle should be DESTROYED. This is how the United Kingdom deals with this problem.
Twice, I've the reason they don't impound, straight from a Hawaii politian's mouth. "Unlicensed voters still vote!" Yes, they were both democrats.
stumpy

Kapolei, HI

#20 Jul 15, 2010
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you must have NO FAULT insurance in Hawaii. This is to protect you in case the other driver has none. You might have a high deductible that you are responsible for but not the entire bill to fix your car. How come the BIG bill?
No Fault only covers medical. Even if I had collision insurance on the car, the company would just "total" the car, pay me a few hundred, and I'd have to buy a new car. Two of my children and my wife were in the car at the time but were not hurt, and I'm not filing a frivilous suit. My point is though, that the homeless are free to do what they like to us and get away with it. The cop didn't even impound the guy's vehicle, and they were free to drive off to smash someone else. Liberals think this is just dandy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waianae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 41 min Leeward Outlier 697
Gangs in Hawaii (Oct '07) 1 hr Where is my love ... 801
All Hail YOUR new President Donald J Trump!! 1 hr Joe Balls 13
Imua Rail?? (May '12) 4 hr District 1 553
Poll Alice has worms. (Apr '10) 6 hr Eeeew 285
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 212
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 9 hr Princess Hey 262

Waianae Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waianae Mortgages