Several injured in school brawl

Oct 21, 2009 Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin 26

More than 20 students were treated at Waianae High School following a brawl on campus.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
alice

Hanalei, HI

#2 Oct 22, 2009
I suoppose as usual the parents will be blaming the rest of us for their lousy parenting and lack of ethics.
alice

Hanalei, HI

#3 Oct 22, 2009
scary..but only the parents can end this
alice

Hanalei, HI

#4 Oct 22, 2009
stumpy makes sense.
Tito

Kekaha, HI

#5 Oct 22, 2009
I have solution. Organized grudge matches, supervised by referee. It worked in the USMC and it will work in school too. You have beef with someone, put on gloves and take it to the ring, one on one, mano y mano - man to man. Let's see you be a man about it instead of a coward hiding among others.
Mahalo
alice

Hanalei, HI

#6 Oct 24, 2009
Waianae High deserves its hideous reputation

“Know Your Culture!!!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 Oct 24, 2009
Actually!! its Campbell with the bad rep...to be honest its gonna get worse now that we dont want to keep them in school... DOE needs to be fired

“Know Your Culture!!!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Oct 24, 2009
Tito wrote:
I have solution. Organized grudge matches, supervised by referee. It worked in the USMC and it will work in school too. You have beef with someone, put on gloves and take it to the ring, one on one, mano y mano - man to man. Let's see you be a man about it instead of a coward hiding among others.
Mahalo
You do have a good idea... only trouble is kids need to be trained and it would take a free Gym.. Greed in Hawaii would never allow it
alice

Hanalei, HI

#9 Nov 3, 2009
the people who assaulted the students should be barred from the campus and prosecuted for assault and battery...a felony. Students need a safe place to elarn before they can learn.
Mushroom cap

Aiea, HI

#10 Nov 10, 2009
They should all be UH students.
Scrappy doo

Aiea, HI

#11 Nov 13, 2009
You think waianae kids are bad, you should see kapolei kids! Now that the homesteads are taking over the Second City, the place is now turning into a dump. So sad.
yeah wrong

Honolulu, HI

#12 Nov 13, 2009
Tito wrote:
Mahalo
didn't Waipahu H.S. do this back in the day?

i heard they had a ring on campus, made the students put on boxing gloves, headgear, etc... and go at it at lunchtime or recess time. had a referee and everything.

it'd never fly now in this litigious society, but i heard it solved problems right away - one winner, one loser, they shook hands afterwards and it was settled.
Cruelio

Alameda, CA

#13 Nov 13, 2009
The cops should just let the kids fight and clean up the mess after they're done. Then when the parents come to pick up the kids, punch them in the nose. When they ask why they got punched in the nose, tell them that it's for not bringing up their kids right. Then kicked the dad in the nuts and back hand the mom. The parents are probably brother and sister anyway.
This goes for waianae AND kapolei kids.
DADDY LAU

AOL

#14 Nov 13, 2009
No shame!!!!!!!!
alice

Hanalei, HI

#15 Nov 13, 2009
alice wrote:
the people who assaulted the students should be barred from the campus and prosecuted for assault and battery...a felony. Students need a safe place to learn before they can learn.
True...and too bad the parents out there don't care about anything.
Cruelio

Aiea, HI

#16 Nov 13, 2009
alice wrote:
<quoted text>True...and too bad the parents out there don't care about anything.
and you don't even care that you answer your own stupid posts!!!
Cruelio

Aiea, HI

#17 Nov 13, 2009
alice wrote:
<quoted text>True...and too bad the parents out there don't care about anything.
but I must say that you are right that the parents don't care but wrong that you saythey don't care about anything. They care about ice, teaching their kids to be like mom and dad, ebt, alcohol.....
alice

Hanalei, HI

#18 Nov 13, 2009
Parents are more to blame than lazy teachers. In the old days, parents cared about their kids ands disciplined them! Brawling is harmful to kids and to schools.
junkie

Aiea, HI

#19 Nov 13, 2009
alice is fool.
BBQ

Aiea, HI

#20 Nov 13, 2009
Cruelio wrote:
The cops should just let the kids fight and clean up the mess after they're done. Then when the parents come to pick up the kids, punch them in the nose. When they ask why they got punched in the nose, tell them that it's for not bringing up their kids right. Then kicked the dad in the nuts and back hand the mom. The parents are probably brother and sister anyway.
This goes for waianae AND kapolei kids.
I agree with you! Capital punishment is needed! Those Kapolei and Waianae punks need cracks!!! What a bunch of Homestead Hoodlums. Be proud Hawaiian!!! Of what?!!! I don't know!!!!!!
alice

Hanalei, HI

#21 Nov 13, 2009
alice wrote:
Parents are more to blame than lazy teachers. In the old days, parents cared about their kids ands disciplined them! Brawling is harmful to kids and to schools.
look, Waianae kids are just scared kids trying to find their way in life. I knew some in North Dakota like that. But the difference is parents cared in North Dakota and cleaned up their own neighborhoods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waianae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Council members head to DC to discuss rail budget 2 hr Answer 1
Month long campaign for pedestrian safety 4 hr Answer 21
Propaganda from the Delusional 4 hr Leeward Outlier 10
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 5 hr -Lily- 2,328
Why are the Portuguese so rude? (Jun '10) 12 hr Jack 167
Relocating -Questions about Work & Housing 13 hr Answer 19
State timeshare properties prove popular with o... (Feb '09) 22 hr Barack the Yellow 5
Waianae Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Waianae People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 am PST

NBC Sports 5:39AM
Raiders adding Sal Sunseri to defensive staff
NBC Sports 6:31 AM
Raiders hire Todd Downing as quarterbacks coach
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
NBC Sports10:39 AM
Alleghany County sheriff: No conflict of interest with deputy working for Steelers