Volunteers Needed For Missing Hiker S...

Volunteers Needed For Missing Hiker Search

There are 12 comments on the KITV-TV story from May 21, 2011, titled Volunteers Needed For Missing Hiker Search. In it, KITV-TV reports that:

Volunteers have mounted their own search for a visiting University of Hawaii professor who's been missing from the mountains above Mokuleia for nearly one week and they're looking for more help this weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KITV-TV.

jad doherty

United States

#1 Jun 6, 2011
Was he ever found

“HILLARY OR TRUMP”

Since: Mar 09

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

#2 Jun 6, 2011
Wassup with all the missing hikers? Are you people wandering off the trail??
caonima

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Oct 12, 2011
[url=http://destiny.outletshoe sus.com/][b]Pink Ugg Boot[/b][/url]
[url=http://emily.outletshoesu s.com/][b]Ugg Short Boots[/b][/url]
[url=http://eric.outletshoesus .com/][b]Ugg Slippers For Kids[/b][/url]
[url=http://eddy.outletshoesus .com/][b]Ugg Moccasins Kids[/b][/url]
[url=http://elliot.outletshoes us.com/][b]Ugg Outlet Store[/b][/url]
Pig hunter

Mililani, HI

#4 Oct 12, 2011
Have you noticed that we lose more visitors in our mountains than our ocean? Why does the HTA not put out a visitors brochure telling our tourist about this well known fact? Everyday HPD rescue is up in the mountains with helicopters and personell looking for someone missing. When these visitors come to Hawaii and see those beaitiful mountains they think that it must be so easy to just hike anywhere you want. Thats where they make the big mistake and we have to go look for them. Some are never found.
barack knows Im Bwana

Kaneohe, HI

#5 Oct 12, 2011
Pig hunter wrote:
Have you noticed that we lose more visitors in our mountains than our ocean? Why does the HTA not put out a visitors brochure telling our tourist about this well known fact? Everyday HPD rescue is up in the mountains with helicopters and personell looking for someone missing. When these visitors come to Hawaii and see those beaitiful mountains they think that it must be so easy to just hike anywhere you want. Thats where they make the big mistake and we have to go look for them. Some are never found.
You will always have people that ignore the danger. Divers that go into murky waters, swimmers that go into undertows, hikers the ignore rockslides and unsafe jungles, even pedestrians that think they're bullet-proof. It's just Darwin's theory at work. As long as they don't take anyone else with them, it all works out. When I was in the military, we could often tell if a guy was going to make it within thirty seconds of meeting him. We even had pools on the officers. I won the pool twice, on two LTs, one Army and one Marine.
alice

Kahului, HI

#6 Oct 12, 2011
moutnains are povely and more and more tourists want adventures and challenges.
HHC

Kihei, HI

#7 Oct 12, 2011
If the search takes too long its goes over to the Recovery mode.
Manong

Mililani, HI

#8 Oct 13, 2011
barack knows Im Bwana wrote:
<quoted text> You will always have people that ignore the danger. Divers that go into murky waters, swimmers that go into undertows, hikers the ignore rockslides and unsafe jungles, even pedestrians that think they're bullet-proof. It's just Darwin's theory at work. As long as they don't take anyone else with them, it all works out. When I was in the military, we could often tell if a guy was going to make it within thirty seconds of meeting him. We even had pools on the officers. I won the pool twice, on two LTs, one Army and one Marine.
What a insensitive jerk you are Balls. You joined POOLS to see which GI would get killed is rediculous and another Joe BALLs pathelogical LIE. You claim to have been injured and collect a government disability check because you spilled your blood in some made up war that you were in. Is it not a FACT that you got whacked over the head by some Mamasan for non payment of a hooker. Now we are stuck with paying a scammer like you every month. Where did this mystery bullet hit ya? Apparently it was not your BALLS because you have total 8 kids here but many more on the mainland where you have how many more EX-WIVES and kids? Now you hang around at some homeless shelter trying for wife # 5, and to coerce some drug addicts to use their FS ebt card to buy pet food for your pets, candy for the 8 kids and 450lb fat azz local wife. You are truly a dikkhead.
oahu

Haleiwa, HI

#9 Oct 13, 2011
barack knows Im Bwana wrote:
<quoted text> You will always have people that ignore the danger. Divers that go into murky waters, swimmers that go into undertows, hikers the ignore rockslides and unsafe jungles, even pedestrians that think they're bullet-proof. It's just Darwin's theory at work. As long as they don't take anyone else with them, it all works out. When I was in the military, we could often tell if a guy was going to make it within thirty seconds of meeting him. We even had pools on the officers. I won the pool twice, on two LTs, one Army and one Marine.
Barack knows Im Bwana (Translation Bwana: A stupid white man) Joe Balls, you should have been a military recruiter,since you know within 30 seconds of meeting some one who could make it and who couldn't, you could have saved the military millions of dollars on recruits. Also by the way Bwana Balls, if you were in the military you would know that the Army abbreviates Lieutenant as LT and the Marines abbreviate Lieutenant as Lt, but Bwana Balls you probably already knew this since Bwana Balls knows everything.
alice

Kahului, HI

#10 Oct 29, 2011
Please stay on the trail and vote Obamma! Republicans scare us all
Harry is haole

Kaneohe, HI

#11 Oct 29, 2011
oahu wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack knows Im Bwana (Translation Bwana: A stupid white man) Joe Balls, you should have been a military recruiter,since you know within 30 seconds of meeting some one who could make it and who couldn't, you could have saved the military millions of dollars on recruits. Also by the way Bwana Balls, if you were in the military you would know that the Army abbreviates Lieutenant as LT and the Marines abbreviate Lieutenant as Lt, but Bwana Balls you probably already knew this since Bwana Balls knows everything.
I wasn't a recruiter but I was a re-enlistment counselor as an additional duty for a year or two. My job was to encourage the no-loads to get out, and to encourage the good men to stay. Why don't you tell me all about the Army and Marines? Really, you must be an expert, you know how to abbreviate Lt. I never noticed the difference. What were you, a company clerk, like Radar?
Harry is haole

Kaneohe, HI

#12 Oct 29, 2011
Back to the topic of this thread. Was the missing professor ever found? If he stumbled upon a marijuana patch, it's likely he'll never turn up. You know, those peaceful potheads the libs are always clamoring about?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waianae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Hawaii is really like. (Jan '08) 3 hr District 1 700
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 4 hr Joe Balls 793
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) 6 hr Georgina 45
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 8 hr Princess Hey 3,325
Bwa ha ha ha 13 hr TT Eighthundred 9
Would you like to be a moderator on your own fo... 18 hr District 1 82
Register On Topix OR You Will Go Batty Screamin... (Sep '15) Tue District 1 74

Waianae Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance