Man shot dead was trying to turn life around - Hawaii News

Shawn Powell, formerly known as Shawn Avilla, had a lengthy criminal history, but a friend said he was trying to clean up his life, a life cut short Friday morning in a Keeamoku St. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
juror

Mililani, HI

#151 Nov 24, 2011
taking your kid's to hooters to celebrate...yeah right. he was a great dad. lol.
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#153 Feb 29, 2012
juror wrote:
taking your kid's to hooters to celebrate...yeah right. he was a great dad. lol.
I wouldn't stay out of Hooters just because the waitresses are pretty. Don't know if I'd take my kid there, but I really don't see anything wrong with it either. It's not a strip joint, it's just a place staffed with pretty females., and you can't ever have too many pretty females around. Gawd knows ugly ones are all around us!
Carole Onishi

Honolulu, HI

#154 Feb 29, 2012
Stumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't stay out of Hooters just because the waitresses are pretty. Don't know if I'd take my kid there, but I really don't see anything wrong with it either. It's not a strip joint, it's just a place staffed with pretty females., and you can't ever have too many pretty females around. Gawd knows ugly ones are all around us!
Thats the difference between good parenting or bad. They use common sense unlike you with a known twisted idiotic RETARDED brain connected to a defective personality. If the child is 21 then he is considered a adult not a little kid stupid. You posted a comment sometime back that you sent a 8 year old child to school with a image of Obama shaped with cow(shet)manure for show-n-tell. How immature and down right ignorant proof of what screwed up parenting skills you have. I believe you show little children other things that could be deemed criminal and needs the attention of the agency that protect kids.
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#155 Feb 29, 2012
Carole Onishi wrote:
<quoted text> You posted a comment sometime back that you sent a 8 year old child to school with a image of Obama shaped with cow(shet)manure for show-n-tell.
Liar. Show me where I said that. What? Thought so.
John

Hutchinson, KS

#156 Feb 29, 2012
Who is this douche nozzle Stumpy. What is his real name? I know my way around Waianae but can't figure out who this idiot is. Anybody have any idea?
Guess who

Honolulu, HI

#157 Feb 29, 2012
John wrote:
Who is this douche nozzle Stumpy. What is his real name? I know my way around Waianae but can't figure out who this idiot is. Anybody have any idea?
He's the guy that got your panties in a bunch. WAAAAHAHAHAHA
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#158 Feb 29, 2012
John wrote:
Stalker Alert.
Johnathan Avilla-Powell

Honolulu, HI

#159 Jun 1, 2013
I am his oldest son. Father's Day is coming around the corner so I searched my fathers name and this is what I find? I'm discussed by what I'm reading. He did what he needed to do. I do not look down/frown upon any decisions that my father made because at the end of the day we came first (Family). To all of you who are questioning if he was a good father, he was an amazing father out of prison/in prison either way we (his kids) were always taken cared of. Everything happens for a reason, I love you dad Thank you for being the best father I could've asked for R.I.P. Shawn Hiapo Avilla-Powell
District 1

Ewa Beach, HI

#160 Jun 1, 2013
Johnathan Avilla-Powell wrote:
I am his oldest son. Father's Day is coming around the corner so I searched my fathers name and this is what I find? I'm discussed by what I'm reading. He did what he needed to do. I do not look down/frown upon any decisions that my father made because at the end of the day we came first (Family). To all of you who are questioning if he was a good father, he was an amazing father out of prison/in prison either way we (his kids) were always taken cared of. Everything happens for a reason, I love you dad Thank you for being the best father I could've asked for R.I.P. Shawn Hiapo Avilla-Powell
Unfortunately sir, you reap what you sow. I sympathize for your loss, but people are imperfect, and leave a wake behind them based on the choices thay have made in life.
It's called responsible behavior. Some have it, and some don't. It is what it is. Teach your children well is all I can say.
District 1

Ewa Beach, HI

#161 Jun 1, 2013
By the way, your posting an objection has revived this thread. Not a good choice on your part, sorry to say. Move on, sir. Leave the dead to their deeds, and focus on yours.
Splat

Pacoima, CA

#162 Jun 2, 2013
Super Splat!
District 1

Ewa Beach, HI

#163 Jun 2, 2013
Splat wrote:
Super Splat!
Super Yawn!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waianae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Oahu Catholic church buys 11 acres to buil... 6 hr Bakatari 12
Coco Palms developer applies for permits to reb... 7 hr Bakatari 2
Matson agrees to plea deal with feds over Honol... 16 hr Joe Balls 1
Islanders protest gay-marriage ban - Hawaii News (Feb '09) 16 hr Joe Balls 165
1Z0-450 Exam braindumps exam pdf torrent 22 hr passokay123 1
I hate Maui 23 hr Jack 45
We gotta do, what we gotta do. (May '07) Tue Jack 94
Waianae Dating
Find my Match

Waianae Jobs