3 get 10-year terms for 'vicious' bea...

3 get 10-year terms for 'vicious' beating

There are 132 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Aug 14, 2008, titled 3 get 10-year terms for 'vicious' beating. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Circuit Judge Richard Perkins called the beating of a man in Waianae that led to his death a "vicious and cruel" attack before sentencing each of three attackers to the maximum 10-year prison sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Old Hawaiian

Honolulu, HI

#134 Aug 23, 2008
The "Ainokea" (I do what I like) generation is going breed a lot of these guys.

The streets and neighborhoods are filling up with tatooed mokes, punkss, deadbeat losers looking for self-esteem and identity at the bottom of a green bottle, at the end of a joint, and down a tube of ice.

Are these the heroes for today's parentless youth?

Are there immediate and tangible solutions that don't have to wait for another round of group consensus (action by commitee)?
Rock

Santa Monica, CA

#135 Aug 23, 2008
Ping63 wrote:
<quoted text>Iguess you are too perfect for your own good. Your s#$t must not stink. All I see is judgement on these guys. The Lord has said once," Let ye among you with no sin cast the first stone." So that must make all of you judgemental people sinless, no mistakes.Perfect. Hah. They'll have to answer to God when the time comes, then and only then will their punishment be something to regret. To forgive is to be forgiven when your time comes. Keep that in mind. God help these guys from these people and the world....
Ten Tears what a joke? In 3 years I guarantee we will be seeing these evil cowards on the news again. Ping63 when that happens to you or anyone you love lets see how forgiving you are and how quick you are to judge. Oh and your statement you are making a judgment you loon.
3 on 1 oh yeah tough guys. kick someone when they are down uhh tough. Degenerate animals that should be put down.
But thanks to our screwed up system we will see them again. I pray for all of us.
JESUS

Santa Monica, CA

#136 Aug 23, 2008
Ping63 wrote:
How can a parent accept a price tag for the life of their child. That too is just as stupid. Sell your kids $469 dead or alive. Why should she get restitution anyway. This guy lived on the beach with his druggy girlfriend. I don't know these 3 guys but come on. I have family on the West side too. I've seen this guy and his girlfriend doing and selling drugs on the beach and on the corner of the store he was beaten. He too was killing somebodys son and making money for it too. Is that okay? Wheres justice in that.
Hey Ping63, guess what? I spoke to GOD this morning and he don't like you!!!!
alice

Honolulu, HI

#137 Aug 23, 2008
We need tougher judges. Just too many repeat criminals walking the streets looking to kill someone. HPD will not be there when they resume there crime.
Haupia Queen

AOL

#138 Aug 23, 2008
They should get life!!!!!!!!!
alice

Honolulu, HI

#139 Aug 23, 2008
queen is right
Mililani Girl

Honolulu, HI

#140 Aug 23, 2008
They need to be locked up and the key thrown away.
hawaiian sistah

Honolulu, HI

#141 Aug 24, 2008
ok, what is all of this talks about the guys should die,rot,or the 2 older men should bash head of the other guy, come on now, like you all said the 2 OLDER MEN should have not taken the YOUNGER back, they should have told him or help him calm down and just let it go, but if that was to happen, where would that put them, and how would that make them any better...it doesn't. personally think that you people should not bash on the family of these 3 men, cause they had no idea the men were going to do such thing & further more you all can type words and be tough on the computer, but does that make you better than them....NO...ok now how can you guys judge the family of these men, they must be thinking the same, yes 10 yrs can't bring back "Roger" but they are paying the price for what they have done wrong. Now let me see, does anyone know the whole story, what had actually happen....NO....just what you are reading. Now, yes that is not fair 3 against 1. "Roger" has had a heart attack from what I know just about a week before the incident, now if so why would he want to even engage in an incident like that, when he as the older person knew what kind of health issues he may have had want to up against anybody, it didn't have to be these guys, what if it was someone else instead, why would he want to get into a fight at all, because he is the older person, he should have been the man and say sorry and just walk away. How about his so called girlfriend, she is no where round his mom, while grieving for her son, his girlfriend was seen with another guy, just about a week after the incident....what kind of love connection was there between his mom and his girlfriend? well I don't know any of these people but I read everything from the beginning to end. All of you people need to stop and think, it could have been anyone that day instead of "Roger".

To "Rogers" Family....my gratitude to you all and yes your son has been taken away from you, now the parents of the 3 men, their sons has been taken from them also and they regret every moment just thinking of the wrong actions that they have chosen, and now they might just be wishing that this has never happen at all.
Julius

Honolulu, HI

#142 Apr 15, 2012
Skip_uya wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. Wonder why they could not get them on "attempted murder". 10 years...hahaha bunch of "punks"
why don't u say that to my face monkey... But then again that word pops up...now who's the coward u punk monkey. U don't even know what happen that day yet ur speaking on the subject...have a long life
John

Hutchinson, KS

#143 Apr 15, 2012
Julius wrote:
<quoted text>why don't u say that to my face monkey... But then again that word pops up...now who's the coward u punk monkey. U don't even know what happen that day yet ur speaking on the subject...have a long life
Oh Julius you are such a tough guy. Where is the aloha we all hear about? I would tell you to your face what a douche nozzle you are but guess what, you will never leave your little rock because you are stuck there. Waianae is a place full of punks just like you. Thank God you are stuck out in the middle of the ocean on a little island.
christian

Wahiawa, HI

#144 Oct 21, 2012
is this the same 3 that broke the dudes jaw? wt* man?!? u outnumber someome.. jump em... beat them to death... and f***ing pu**y out and say... WE DIDNT MEAM IT... WT*... THESE PU**IES SHOULD GET LIFE WITH DAILY BEATINGS AND R**ES AND I HOPE THEY FU**ING BURN IN H*LL!!!
christian

Wahiawa, HI

#145 Oct 21, 2012
ok yea i know what happened... but what i dont know is why they would outnumber the poor guy and kill him... im all for an old school beat down but cmon now its over a girl just man up... dump the chick and fight the dude 1v1 and its over... then what they back out and say they didnt do it... wow cmon now u did it... it was wrong... but u still did it... these 3 "girls" need to man up and take responsibility...
~ go mules ~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waianae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaii not so Friendly to Tourists 1 hr District 1 32
What Hawaii is really like. (Jan '08) 1 hr District 1 247
Dissappearing Flight MH370 (Mar '14) 1 hr Joe Balls 224
Another Minnesota A-hole who thinks he knows wh... 1 hr Joe Balls 21
Nibiru, Planet X just Revealed 3 hr Joe Balls 3
Turkish army launch series of airstrikes agains... 3 hr Joe Balls 3
China’s crusade to remove crosses from churches 3 hr Joe Balls 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waianae Mortgages