Waianae students nabbed after fights

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Police arrested a student at Kamaile Elementary Public Charter School yesterday for allegedly striking a teacher, while four students at nearby Waianae High School also were arrested after multiple fights ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of436
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
kailua boy

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Issue them boxing gloves.
Nalo Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

Big Okole wrote:
They will grow up to be drug addicts and homeless and wonder why?
How did you come up with that conclusion? If someone gets into a fight as a kid...does that mean they will become a drug addict or homeless?? What's the logic in your way of thinking?
Misplaced Hawaiian

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

Kids fighting makes it into the morning paper? If thats news, then lucky you live Hawaii!
guardian

Hilo, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

I agree w/ Nalo Girl that Big Okole is illogical. Actually his name should be "Big Okole-Hole". Because somone is aggressive or has poor anger-management skills, desn't mean they'll end up as drug-addicts or homeless. There's no connection at all. I'm just disappointed that the acts of a few individuals can reflect badly on a whole geographic area.
beaubrummel

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

nothing will happen to any of the fighting fellows.....they will circulate around the judicial system long enough to feed lawyers, judges, bailiffs, sherrifs, secretaries, court reporters, etc., etc. .....the elementary charter-school assault boy will be feeding shrinks, counselors and therapists for some time to come. and in the end.....nothing gets solved.
Love Waianae

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

When I was growing up in Boston we'd have more fights than this just on the bus ride to school. Must be a slow news day for East Honolulu readers.
logan

San Jacinto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

Big Okole wrote:
They will grow up to be drug addicts and homeless and wonder why?
I got into a few fights in high school.. and im not a addict or homeless.
ALLNUTZ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

WELL JUST PUT THIS WAY IT STARTS FROM THE PARENTS, GOES DOWN THE LINE SO ON... THE POLICE, LAWYERS, THE JUDGES THE COURT WILL JUST SHUFFLE THEM AROUND, AND NOTHING WILL GET DONE JUST LIKE HOW THE HOMELESS PEOPLE ON THE BEACH DONT WANT HELP, NOTHING NEW ON THE WEST SIDE WERE ON THAT SIDE AND NOBODY CARES NOT EVEN THE MAYOR...JUST PUSH EVERYTHING ON THE SIDE BECAUSE THEY HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO. AUWE!!!!!!!!!!
Moak

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

Yup Waianae kids are taught at a young age to disrespect authority ,,, not on purpose but through the freedom due to lack of supervision from adults.

after all it is the wild wild west
Local and Proud

San Leandro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

Big Okole from VA needs to wake up! Just because a kid gets into a fight in school doesn't mean they'll be drug addicts or homeless. If you had good grades & own a home now your still pretty dumb for having this kind of logic.
HAPA HAOLE

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Gives new meaning to the term "broke da mout"!
Da Truth

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

If its something good about the westside, you can be sure its not going to make the news. Slightest little thing "negative", you can be sure it will be printed.

Out here there are many, many good people but you don,t hear about that. Please don't judge us by the actions of a "few".
Vinny

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

I guess we should be happy no one was shot or stabbed.... classic case of teenage hormones rearing it's ugly head again, a most difficult time for all involved.... how sad some can't live Aloha. Auwe!!!
manini_fish

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

As a retired teacher from Hawaii I can assure you NOTHING will happen to the student!! Maybe the teacher will get suspended, or maybe even the mother will sue the system. Theres no Aloha in Hawaii anymore!!!
beaubrummel

Waipahu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

to: ALLNUTZ

please release your caps-lock key.

it is hard to read in all capital letters.....besides, what can you use to stress a point if you stress every single word?.......i enjoyed reading your opinion about problems not getting handled. you said it.
Waianae Girl

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

I find it amazing that sooo many people have nothing nice to say while reading a semi-true story. I also find it interesting how no one manages to write up the positive actions of the schools on the Waianae coast, but manage to get every negative detail and put it on the front page!! It seems to me that the newspaper's priorities are a little mixed up.

Instead of downing the youth, whether they're from Waianae or not, seems we should be praising and promoting the positive things to evoke change.
Waianae My Home

Lahaina, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

I can't belive that people judge us on what they here about Waianae. Waianae is a beautiful place. Just because theres a few blow outs and more things happen down that end doesn't mean that it's a bad place or the people there is bad. The same things that happen in Waianae happen around the Hawaii State. It hurts when I hear people talk down about us Waianae people.
Also I think what had happen at Kamaile and Waianae High is minor compare to what use to happen when I was going to school. Not saying that what happen is ok. I'm pretty sure that the kids will get punished for what they had done. People you should think first before you say anything about the West Side.
KANAKA NUI

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

Throw the kids in D.H.
Manoa Mom

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

Hm, I didn't get enough info from the article. I'll my daughter about it.

I too think more light needs to be shed on the positive things that are happening. Such publicity could only spur on more positive actions and attitudes
Da Truth

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Judged:

I live out here, close to these affected schools and this fighting ha not been reported by the news until an incident occurs in an elementary school. The last month or so has seen lots of fights between intermediate students from waianae and nanakuli, all off campus. When the police finally show up, they do nothing except run the kids off. Trouble is, a lot of younger children observe these fights, see and hear all the bragging, talk stink, egging on and observe that this must be the way to solve problems.
It's a shame that children learn by example, usually from their peers.
So now, everyone involved got publicity an in their immature minds, "that's cool."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of436
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Waianae Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Waianae People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••