Federal judge to rule in Honolulu rai...

Federal judge to rule in Honolulu rail case 'as soon as I can'

There are 29 comments on the Business Journal story from Feb 6, 2014, titled Federal judge to rule in Honolulu rail case 'as soon as I can'. In it, Business Journal reports that:

A federal judge said Thursday that he would "have a ruling as soon as I can" on whether the Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation complied with an order to thoroughly study an alternative route for the city's $5.16 billion rail project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Leward lolo

Pearl City, HI

#1 Feb 7, 2014
When Hanneman said the voters approved this junk monstrosity he became as big a liar as the roachboy.

Hopefully somebody with good sense will stop it.

It took two fraud elections to get it approved, now fraud mayor is pushing for a huge raise in GET which will affect everybody.
Fred

Honolulu, HI

#2 Feb 7, 2014
Leward lolo wrote:
When Hanneman said the voters approved this junk monstrosity he became as big a liar as the roachboy.
Hopefully somebody with good sense will stop it.
It took two fraud elections to get it approved, now fraud mayor is pushing for a huge raise in GET which will affect everybody.
..........A B..........
..........L I..........
..........W T..........
..........A T..........
..........Y E..........
..........S R..........
mad hatter

Honolulu, HI

#3 Feb 7, 2014
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
..........A B..........
..........L I..........
..........W T..........
..........A T..........
..........Y E..........
..........S R..........
The "old bat" comes up for air now and then but her ramblings are always the same
Francine

San Jose, CA

#4 Feb 7, 2014
mad hatter wrote:
<quoted text>
The "old bat" comes up for air now and then but her ramblings are always the same
who give a SHlT, eat me
Joe Balls

Honolulu, HI

#5 Feb 7, 2014
Francine wrote:
<quoted text>
who give a SHlT, eat me

IMPOSTER . Francine posts from Honolulu and the elder retired mad hatter posts from the states. How the he!! are you?
Joe balls

Mililani, HI

#6 Feb 7, 2014
Francine wrote:
<quoted text>
who give a SHlT, eat me
If you were the real Francine I would say eat shyt, butt knowing your from San Jose you [email protected] only eat dikk..
Mad Futter

Mililani, HI

#7 Feb 7, 2014
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
IMPOSTER . Francine posts from Honolulu and the elder retired mad hatter posts from the states. How the he!! are you?
How was jail Joe? Did you meet a new love and is AI aware of it? He has been extra grumpy and more of a whining little crybaby knowing you were locked up with so many young dudes with tattoos.
trax

Clarkston, MI

#8 Feb 11, 2014
The biggest irony is that on county and state furlough days the traffic is fine. So tis purely siphoning as much federal/local monies as possible to their bottomless pit of consultant fees to supposedly solve the traffic their employees create. Would be a lot cheaper to just decentralize the state and county offices, But of course that wouldn't allow the opportunity for real estate companies to milk transit oriented development making Oahu more congested, create more traffic, more ugly, more dependent on outside resources, and worsening the quality of life for everyone. And elevated rail is just so modern-humph, chicago's elevated rail was built in 1893, is a eyesore, and ya know how popular housing is next to the tracks. Meanwhile all other cities with elevated transportation are generally tearing them down and turning them into parks.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#9 Feb 11, 2014
trax wrote:
The biggest irony is that on county and state furlough days the traffic is fine. So tis purely siphoning as much federal/local monies as possible to their bottomless pit of consultant fees to supposedly solve the traffic their employees create. Would be a lot cheaper to just decentralize the state and county offices, But of course that wouldn't allow the opportunity for real estate companies to milk transit oriented development making Oahu more congested, create more traffic, more ugly, more dependent on outside resources, and worsening the quality of life for everyone. And elevated rail is just so modern-humph, chicago's elevated rail was built in 1893, is a eyesore, and ya know how popular housing is next to the tracks. Meanwhile all other cities with elevated transportation are generally tearing them down and turning them into parks.
Great Post!

Location hidden

#10 Feb 11, 2014
The federal government making a big issue of de-centralizing government in the nineties, but it was dropped because the mid-level management had spent years building their own little empires so they made sure the new system died in it's infancy as a failure. The workers thought it was great. One office manager even filed an EEO complaint and called the NAACP because, "I'm black and "they" are trying to take away my power." The Navy gave in to her craziness and stopped the operation in her office just to avoid racist lawsuits.
trax

Clarkston, MI

#11 Feb 12, 2014
Nothing wrong with transit oriented development (TOD), but investing in light rail on existing roads seems more people-oriented/scale friendly. Light rail is cheaper per mile and more routes could be built. For instance the areas between Waikiki and downtown are kind of a dump. Light rail between the two would shuttle people from Waikiki along king street and ala moana and people could see TOD shops/restaurants and a thriving urban fabric developed. The existing rail plan would just shoot people between the hubs and everything between gets lost/overlooked. Of course light rail may not be efficient enough if the streets too congested with commuting government workers, but I believe some offices have already been relocated to Aiea, and more could be relocate there and elsewhere on the island. People don't come to Hawaii to see some attempted sci-fi illusion that rail envisioned, they come to see/experience the landscape and eat fresh island fruit n fish. Wonder what investing 5 billion in landscaping and food self-sufficiency could create- probably a scenery and model that people all over the world would want to experience, and accommodations would have to be built for them. If the steroidal rail advocates insist on their plan, hopefully it will stop short of China town, then switch scales to light rail.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 12, 2014
The only logical route for the train would be from the Airport to Waikiki. That way it would pay for itself.
local warrior

Honolulu, HI

#13 Feb 12, 2014
freedomlost wrote:
The only logical route for the train would be from the Airport to Waikiki. That way it would pay for itself.
Yo dumbo first we do for our working people unlike yourself.
trax

Clarkston, MI

#14 Feb 12, 2014
I find a route from airport to Waikiki, unless it light rail, illogical and real estate developers would probably even agree. The proposed rail is starting where it is b/c that can build massive cookie cutter residential developments and cookie cutter services like those that have petsmart. The rail route from airport to Waikiki has to run along the water, which will be a visual and physical blight/albatross, and there's no vacant land for real estate developers to have free reign. Light rail from waikiki to airport would help serve existing residents, not speculative future ones, and encourage small business owners to open shops/restaurants. So hoped they would have built light rail there first. Not that I am particularly concerned with the local residents, takes too long/tedious to get them to believe someone may actually be there not to screw them over and they generally will throw out the baby with the bathwater, but short-sighted developers and poor development plans are just exactly what they are.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 12, 2014
trax wrote:
I find a route from airport to Waikiki, unless it light rail, illogical and real estate developers would probably even agree. The proposed rail is starting where it is b/c that can build massive cookie cutter residential developments and cookie cutter services like those that have petsmart. The rail route from airport to Waikiki has to run along the water, which will be a visual and physical blight/albatross, and there's no vacant land for real estate developers to have free reign. Light rail from waikiki to airport would help serve existing residents, not speculative future ones, and encourage small business owners to open shops/restaurants. So hoped they would have built light rail there first. Not that I am particularly concerned with the local residents, takes too long/tedious to get them to believe someone may actually be there not to screw them over and they generally will throw out the baby with the bathwater, but short-sighted developers and poor development plans are just exactly what they are.
I agree that is would look terrible, but if you've traveled that area you it's already a shithole "blight" The rail will be used there, at least. Why ugly up the rest of the island just so the rich can get richer? The politicians just want to make themselves seem useful by building these monstrosities, whether they are buildings, rail tracks, or anything else. They are not looking out for the good of the people, that's the last thing on their minds. They create problems, then come up with "solutions." which always entails BIG money from the taxpayers for generations. We don't need new restaurants, shops, etc, we're already drowning in them. How about more functional homes instead of condos, with room for kids to play in and play in the woods instead of a sterile yuppy park? Why force people to live on top of each other, crowded to the brink of killing each other? To make rich people richer, that's why.
BS Balls

Mililani, HI

#16 Feb 12, 2014
freedomlost wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that is would look terrible, but if you've traveled that area you it's already a shithole "blight" The rail will be used there, at least. Why ugly up the rest of the island just so the rich can get richer? The politicians just want to make themselves seem useful by building these monstrosities, whether they are buildings, rail tracks, or anything else. They are not looking out for the good of the people, that's the last thing on their minds. They create problems, then come up with "solutions." which always entails BIG money from the taxpayers for generations. We don't need new restaurants, shops, etc, we're already drowning in them. How about more functional homes instead of condos, with room for kids to play in and play in the woods instead of a sterile yuppy park? Why force people to live on top of each other, crowded to the brink of killing each other? To make rich people richer, that's why.
Well folks so much for the "I am busy replacing my floor comment" from the bullshyt artist JB the king of Waianae Food stamps thievery.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 12, 2014
BS Balls wrote:
<quoted text>Well folks so much for the "I am busy replacing my floor comment" from the bullshyt artist JB the king of Waianae Food stamps thievery.
LOL, Had to wait for the material, start tomorrow, Twit.
FS Contractors

Mililani, HI

#18 Feb 13, 2014
freedomlost wrote:
<quoted text> LOL, Had to wait for the material, start tomorrow, Twit.
So now this replacement of a floor job is delayed? What kind of expert home contractor like you would start a project and then have to wait for material? This reminds me of your comment on replacing Iolani's palaces main door damage. Built in the 1860's you claim there should be no problem buying a replacement. Might be better for you to stick to your own projects so you don't fckup historical repair jobs bud.

Location hidden

#19 Feb 13, 2014
FS Contractors wrote:
<quoted text>So now this replacement of a floor job is delayed? What kind of expert home contractor like you would start a project and then have to wait for material?
LOL, it's being done as we speak. The one-day delay was caused by inferior Chinese lament that's sold by the local store, so I left that crap for you to buy and bought American. The second was a worker was injured on another job and needed a day off. He's back on the job after one day, not taking six months off on Workmens' Comp, like I'm sure you would. He's a good craftsman from Texas.
Alice

Mililani, HI

#20 Feb 13, 2014
freedomlost wrote:
<quoted text> LOL, it's being done as we speak. The one-day delay was caused by inferior Chinese lament that's sold by the local store, so I left that crap for you to buy and bought American. The second was a worker was injured on another job and needed a day off. He's back on the job after one day, not taking six months off on Workmens' Comp, like I'm sure you would. He's a good craftsman from Texas.
Dude why would a craftsman from Texas be doing in Waianae? Second why would you need one to change a floor in a old home? You pathological liars prove what you are by just posting a stupid return comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waianae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Public hearing in this state is a JOKE 12 min District 1 6
Imua Rail?? (May '12) 13 min Waikiki Vermin 617
Should rail be abandoned? 16 min Waikiki Vermin 5
Passenger dies on United Air Flight 18 min Waikiki Vermin 16
Ooof da Goof (Sep '12) 2 hr Wats Up Doc 310
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 2 hr Yuck 526
Poll Alice has worms. (Apr '10) 5 hr Topper 321

Waianae Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance