Newswatch - News
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.
#1 Dec 10, 2008
The elected board members, city council, state legislators or city planners do not take some Neighborhood Boards ideas seriously. Instead of listening to the voices that want to improve the community, they just want to sit back and give you all the excuses why it can't get done.
1. Prohibit parking on one side of the street if it is 40 feet or less. An emergency vehicle may not get thru if two large vans decide to park on each side.
2. Provide city bus service for the most densely populated area of the residential neighborhood.
3. Install crosswalks at all large intersections that are 40 feet or more. Don't wait until someone gets killed.
4. Remove all vehicles from the public street immediately that has no current safety check and/or insurance. Don't wait until it gets into an accident.
5. Do something about all the white zoo pigeons that have gone all over the island making a pest of themselves.
6. Improve the Ala Wai Canal to make it healthier.
7. Have the principals of each public school enforce the "NO SMOKING" policy or have them replaced.
Add your comments below
|Keeping kids smiling - Business (Apr '09)||Aug '17||yasmine zazi||4|
|President Trump Signs VA Accountability Bill In...||Jun '17||Pvt Alfred N Care...||1|
|Suit brought down Army's large cross at Kolekol... (Aug '09)||Apr '17||Boto Bobbit||85|
|Hawaii musician charged in ice bust (Mar '08)||Jan '17||Snore 4||170|
|Senate panel OKs a shorter extension for rail tax (Mar '15)||Aug '16||HbH||9|
|Man seriously injured after stabbing in Waialua (May '15)||May '15||Graham||1|
|VIDEO: Honolulu Police searching for suspects i... (Dec '13)||Dec '13||Francine||8|
Find what you want!
Search Waialua Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC