Brush Fire Threatens Waialua Properties

Brush Fire Threatens Waialua Properties

There are 2 comments on the KITV-TV story from Aug 31, 2010, titled Brush Fire Threatens Waialua Properties. In it, KITV-TV reports that:

A brush fire near Waialua prompted officials to close part of Farrington Highway on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KITV-TV.

Opinion

Waianae, HI

#1 Sep 1, 2010
Isn't it a bit late in the season for the bush to be flaming all over the freeway? I should think that a moderate amount of control would be needed to stop what is obviously a problem that occurs all to often on this island.

Therefore, I am banning all matches.
(snap, snap, snap)

[....and it wasn't voodoo either]
nomofires

San Diego, CA

#2 Sep 2, 2010
I think there are alot of fires in Waialua on the North Shore, When I was younger, in the late 70's, the old Waialua Theatre, old Fujioka Store and our beautiful school auditorium were deliberately set on fire. We had a major fire that was said to be arson about 3 years ago that went from Kam hwy in Haleiwa to the mountains. Somebody needs to connect the dots! Catch this crazy person who has no regard for our land and people. Someone in Waialua knows who this person is. Call the police and report what you know to put an end to this arsonist who continues to rob us of our beautiful town!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waialua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police / Fire - News (Dec '08) Oct '16 bill brown 5
News Colleagues, students honor beloved teacher - Ha... (Aug '09) Oct '16 Kevyn 12
News Senate panel OKs a shorter extension for rail tax (Mar '15) Aug '16 HbH 9
News Farmers Markets (Apr '16) Aug '16 -Sprocket- 5
News Confrontation with Lankford detailed (Mar '08) Jul '16 John 23
News Suit brought down Army's large cross at Kolekol... (Aug '09) Feb '16 Frank Tarnacki 25... 74
News Search off Hawaii finds life rafts but no sign ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1

Waialua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waialua Mortgages