5 guilty in Waialua cockfighting case...

5 guilty in Waialua cockfighting case - News

There are 75 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 20, 2008, titled 5 guilty in Waialua cockfighting case - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A federal grand jury found a former Honolulu Police Department officer, his wife and three others guilty yesterday for their roles in a case involving cockfighting, gambling, obstruction and extortion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Mililani via California

#68 Dec 21, 2008
Love Waianae wrote:
<quoted text> I never saw a cop take a bribe, but one time I watched a drug raid go down, and one of the cops came over to us and told us to "move on." I told him, "Why, your your wife was just here twenty minutes ago in your car, buying her ice." He walked off in a huff cause he knew I was right, and of course they found no drugs at the dealer's house. Warned, perhaps?
I don't know who the officer was that told you to move on- if you have information that you want to pass on, my personal email is [email protected] I will see it gets to the right people.

We know there are a few officers have done criminal acts- they are in prison or have served their time. No doubt there are a few more- the vast majority never walk down that road.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#69 Dec 21, 2008
I heard it from DEA hon..HPD is not just incompetent and lazy there is massive corruption we are reading about. Yes, there are good officers. But far too few.

Since: Oct 08

Mililani via California

#71 Dec 21, 2008
alice wrote:
I heard it from DEA hon..HPD is not just incompetent and lazy there is massive corruption we are reading about. Yes, there are good officers. But far too few.
Alice- Why would anyone from DEA talk to you? I think you are making this up. You are a mean little person making scattered accusations about things you have no real knowledge of. The mere fact you adulate the DEA speaks volumes about your knowledge of the law enforcement community in Hawaii. I imagine those who know you in North Dakota are glad you are here. Nobody likes a know-it-all adoloescent.
DMBFK

Hilo, HI

#72 Dec 22, 2008
With friends like you, who needs enemies! I just hope you cop friends find out how you really feel about them. What a friend you are.
TOWNBOY wrote:
COPS IS STEWPIT NOWDAYS...THEY DONT GET PAID ENUFF SO THEY JUST TRY TO EXTORT MONEY ILLEGALLY. EVEN IN TOWN PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH MURDER SOMETIME THEY DONT CATCH THE SUSPECTS BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO SLOW AND NOT IN SHAPE...THEY ARE AT ZIPPYS EATIN DONUTS AND DRINKING COFFEE GETTING FAT...OUR CHIEF SAID "THIS IS A CLOSE FOR A DARK CHAPTER IN HPD HISTORY"...BRADDAH IT JUST STARTED...I HAVE SO MUCH FRENS IN HPD IN TOWN ALWAYS JUST GOTA DROP THERE NAME AND THEY LET ME GO....IN HAWAII ITS ALL ABOUT WHO U KNOW....FOR JOBS GETTING OUTTA CRIMES...ITS TOO MUCH!!!GET A LIFE CHIEF AND YOU DUM COPS OUT THERE...JUST WAITING FOR RETIREMENT SO U CAN GET THE EASY WAY OUT!!!LOSERS I TELL YOU!!!
DMBFK

Hilo, HI

#73 Dec 22, 2008
Still a Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know you at all. But, I am curious- what did you do about the police officers you knew about that were on the take?
He did absolutely NOTHING! Why? Because he was doing it as well! He was a corrupt cop!!!!!
TOWNBOY

Yuma, AZ

#74 Dec 22, 2008
With friends like you, who needs enemies! I just hope you cop friends find out how you really feel about them. What a friend you are.

TOWNBOY wrote:
COPS IS STEWPIT NOWDAYS...THEY DONT GET PAID ENUFF SO THEY JUST TRY TO EXTORT MONEY ILLEGALLY. EVEN IN TOWN PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH MURDER SOMETIME THEY DONT CATCH THE SUSPECTS BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO SLOW AND NOT IN SHAPE...THEY ARE AT ZIPPYS EATIN DONUTS AND DRINKING COFFEE GETTING FAT...OUR CHIEF SAID "THIS IS A CLOSE FOR A DARK CHAPTER IN HPD HISTORY"...BRADDAH IT JUST STARTED...I HAVE SO MUCH FRENS IN HPD IN TOWN ALWAYS JUST GOTA DROP THERE NAME AND THEY LET ME GO....IN HAWAII ITS ALL ABOUT WHO U KNOW....FOR JOBS GETTING OUTTA CRIMES...ITS TOO MUCH!!!GET A LIFE CHIEF AND YOU DUM COPS OUT THERE...JUST WAITING FOR RETIREMENT SO U CAN GET THE EASY WAY OUT!!!LOSERS I TELL YOU!!!

HEY IM JUST TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT COPS IN HAWAII...JUST DROP DA NAME AND YOU GET AWAY...SIMPLE AS THAT!!!HPD CORRUPED IN HAWAII
alice

AOL

#75 Dec 22, 2008
Townboy speaks for many in Hawaii who do not trust or respect HPD. I hear it all over town
Nana

Honolulu, HI

#76 Dec 22, 2008
the thai kid wrote:
the fbi had a lady who worked with fbi and had access to fbi computers that told about organized crime in hawaii......her husband would tip off friends of thiers that so and so was being watched etc etc they caught on to her.......... and got wiretaps thus convicting her and all the police corruption including the illegal chicken fights that had police protection,,,,,these wiretaps led to plenty supoenas and grand jury indictments.....this wailua case was a off -shoot of the police corruption i also had afriends thaat were indicted and now are in jail.... hawaii mafia hawaiian syndicate crime figures ...who ran these rackets and were given police protection
Have you ever heard of 'The Hui"? They pretty much control the goings on out in the "country".
Born Again Republican

Wailuku, HI

#77 Dec 22, 2008
Good riddance.
alice

AOL

#78 Dec 22, 2008
yikes...the...the..the hui? <shudder> sounds scary
Love America

Honolulu, HI

#80 Dec 27, 2008
the thai kid wrote:
screw hawaii and george bush stupid laws thats outlawed cockfighting in america why i stay thailand and **** fight ..i dont have to worry about police arresting me for something i enjoy doing...the gambling had been going on for years as the police were paided to overlook the gaming in wailua....i once atteneded and they thought i was a undercover police -officer....**** fightin was around in the 1980s when i was a soilder and no one gave a dam nows its a federal offensce..thats why i love thailand its legal here
Just stay where you are in Thailand and renounce your American citizenship. Mo beta den sta someplace you no like and cause troubo. Chicken fighting manifests crime.

Since: Nov 08

Anchorage, AK

#81 Dec 27, 2008
the thai kid wrote:
screw hawaii and george bush stupid laws thats outlawed cockfighting in america why i stay thailand and **** fight ..i dont have to worry about police arresting me for something i enjoy doing...the gambling had been going on for years as the police were paided to overlook the gaming in wailua....i once atteneded and they thought i was a undercover police -officer....**** fightin was around in the 1980s when i was a soilder and no one gave a dam nows its a federal offensce..thats why i love thailand its legal here
stay there!
no moa

Napa, CA

#82 Dec 27, 2008
Any body foa moa soup?? You guys like see somebody real can pull em off ?? check out how much cheny and bushy when gain monetarily from their screw ups. Talk about crooks? talk about above the law. You dunces should take notes.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#83 Dec 27, 2008
I agree with Hayninak
alice

Kapaa, HI

#84 Dec 27, 2008
please let me correct my previous post.

I disagree with Hyninak.

Why am I so wishy washy today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waialua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suit brought down Army's large cross at Kolekol... (Aug '09) Apr '17 Boto Bobbit 85
News Hawaii musician charged in ice bust (Mar '08) Jan '17 Snore 4 170
News Kunia man arrested for attempted assault of 16-... Jan '17 Joe Balls 2
News Police / Fire - News (Dec '08) Oct '16 bill brown 5
News Colleagues, students honor beloved teacher - Ha... (Aug '09) Oct '16 Kevyn 12
News Senate panel OKs a shorter extension for rail tax (Mar '15) Aug '16 HbH 9
News Farmers Markets (Apr '16) Aug '16 -Sprocket- 5

Waialua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waialua Mortgages