Residents move fast to avoid water - News

Flooding water scooped up Cyprian Galbiso's red 1991 Volkswagen Jetta yesterday, sending it down Kaukonahua Stream. Full Story
uilani

Worth, IL

#1 Dec 12, 2008
ALL YOU PEOPLE and I feel so sorry for you as i was in the 1987 new year's eve flood, should call the city and have Mayor Mufi take care of this as the stream was probably not cleaned up as it should be periodically..swamp his office with calls..city is responsible for streams..it is always after the fact with our officials here..
Lana Shore

Bentley, Canada

#2 Dec 12, 2008
I'd still rather be there than here. Goin' to be 40 below on Monday and we have to move.
kapaa

Lihue, HI

#3 Dec 12, 2008
people should prepare themselves instead of always waiting for government to do something for them. call when your stream mouth is closing from silt or debri,,,,after the rain is too late to be upset with anyone
Leeward Lolo

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 12, 2008
kapaa wrote:
people should prepare themselves instead of always waiting for government to do something for them. call when your stream mouth is closing from silt or debri,,,,after the rain is too late to be upset with anyone
I agree. After the relatively small earthquake closed down Oahu it became obvious that the only one you can count on is yourself in an emergency, Unfortunately a cute little stream has to transport all the water from the mountain to the ocean and becomes a river which destroys all in its path. All the damage from this one has not even been found yet.
Unbelieveably there were about a dozen swimmers at Makaha surfing beach yesterday. Even with all the no swimming signs.
WestKauai

Pearl City, HI

#5 Dec 12, 2008
Where's Pflueger?
IRAQ

Columbus, OH

#6 Dec 12, 2008
Um, I think Rain is a warning if you live By a stream or river (DUH)
willie magnum 44

Wahiawa, HI

#7 Dec 13, 2008
Call Mufi , he is wasting our money on the cho cho train. If he can't fix the river , how do you expect him to get his rail going successfully.
Katz

Honolulu, HI

#8 Dec 13, 2008
There is a help line to call to report if you need to remove debris from your yard and unclog any drains from sewage so that your yard does not flood again. That is the state help line. They are organizing to get people out to help. It would help to call the mayor and governor's office to prod them on to offer more help to the people that need it. Sorry, I tried to post the number here but it would not allow me to because it said this forum does not allow postings of numbers. Check the newspapers for the number or call information.
alice

Maunaloa, HI

#9 Dec 13, 2008
Willie is spot-on right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waialua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawaiian motorcycle clubs (Mar '10) Jan 12 burmamark 8
Hawaii vets take comfort in memorials (Nov '07) Jan 11 Melody 6
Popeyes opening sixth Hawaii location next month Jan 9 Hatriot 13
Mayor Caldwell signs Expansion of 'Sit-Lie' Bill Dec '14 Joe Balls 2
Stolen Hawaii Red Cross truck found on Oahu Nov '14 I See a Haole 8
Kelani J.E. 15 years new is Missing Oct '14 KelaniJsMom 1
A lot of campaign ground to cover for house dis... Oct '14 Rico 1
Waialua Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Waialua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 am PST

NBC Sports 5:39AM
Raiders adding Sal Sunseri to defensive staff
NBC Sports 6:31 AM
Raiders hire Todd Downing as quarterbacks coach
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
NBC Sports10:39 AM
Alleghany County sheriff: No conflict of interest with deputy working for Steelers