The Maxton Times: the cleanest news in town

Jul 8, 2009 Full story: The Carrboro Commons 6

In this, the 9th summer of the Community Journalism Roadshow, our latter-day Johnny Appleseed is targeting indy and semi-indy non-daily newspapers which are weathering The Great Recession far better than their big-city cousins.

Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 10, 2009
One of the best ideas yet. A much needed media for the Maxtonians. Kudos to the founders!
Citizen of Maxton

United States

#2 Mar 5, 2012
Herbert_N_Malloy_Jr wrote:
One of the best ideas yet. A much needed media for the Maxtonians. Kudos to the founders!
The Maxton Times is a rag of a newspaper!!!! The founders are couple of crooks that Leeds lots of prayer!!!!
Tony Leach

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 27, 2012
I grew up in maxton and from x to x i go on the internet to read the maxton paper to see how the home town is doing..
James Dean

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 27, 2012
Things can only get better in time..
Maxton Mother

Clinton, NC

#5 Feb 7, 2013
Tony Leach wrote:
I grew up in maxton and from x to x i go on the internet to read the maxton paper to see how the home town is doing..
Don't look to this paper for the climate of this town! It highlights the very few & empty accomplishments of the town. They print NO "real" news. Yearly I watch as this place becomes more decayed than the last & not once have I seen anything printed in their wasted papers help stop it!
Anonymous

Clayton, NC

#6 May 28, 2013
the state needs to put a fence around maxton n turn it into a prison..crooked cops and all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wagram Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crafting a coin ring requires patience and prec... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Jaynay 44
Richard David Perez and Justin Ryan Vasquez (Oct '10) Oct 7 thumbs up 48
looking for a long lost ex boyfriend!!!!! (May '06) Oct 2 kimzozo 12
Kim Hawks Gentry Sep '14 Janet thorton 3
Red Springs officer faces drug char... Sep '14 Dontcha 1
Too late for justice for two brothers? Sep '14 commenters 1
Review: Mccabe's Industrial Millwright Aug '14 Former Customer 1
Wagram Dating
Find my Match

Wagram Jobs