Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,248

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#36187 Dec 13, 2012
Thomas Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but this nation is a secular one and the Constitution trumps your bible around here! I know,how about you take your fairytale bible into the church of your choice,shut and lock the doors and do an old fashioned sit and spin! There are good reasons why your bible cannot be taught in public schools! Equal treatment under the law is for all Americans religious as well as non religious! We are all equal around here and that is what our "Secular" country was formed on! Keep it to yourself as many of us do not care to hear your brainwashed babble! Next! LoL
Not quite...

No greater force for good exists still.

Just a simple fact.

Smile.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#36189 Dec 13, 2012
non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do u feel the need to strip.<sic> God had better plans for you. I am sorry to hear about your son, he needs God in his life as well.
Or maybe her son is perfect as God intended? Don't you think you're awfully pious speaking on God's behalf?
non smoker

Frankfort, IL

#36190 Dec 13, 2012
Thomas Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but this nation is a secular one and the Constitution trumps your bible around here! I know,how about you take your fairytale bible into the church of your choice,shut and lock the doors and do an old fashioned sit and spin! There are good reasons why your bible cannot be taught in public schools! Equal treatment under the law is for all Americans religious as well as non religious! We are all equal around here and that is what our "Secular" country was formed on! Keep it to yourself as many of us do not care to hear your brainwashed babble! Next! LoL
Keep laughing, you will need it. Don't use our poor excuse for a country as an example of anything. This country was founded on the same principles as the same book you mock. Our pathetic leaders over the Years have stripped us of those principles. You know that don't you?
non smoker

Frankfort, IL

#36191 Dec 13, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>Or maybe her son is perfect as God intended? Don't you think you're awfully pious speaking on God's behalf?
I guess I am awfully pious. As long as you define it to mean devote or religious, yes I am. I make no mistakes behind who I follow, have faith in, and believe in. Thank you for noticing!
Thomas Jefferson

Toronto, Canada

#36192 Dec 13, 2012
non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep laughing, you will need it. Don't use our poor excuse for a country as an example of anything. This country was founded on the same principles as the same book you mock. Our pathetic leaders over the Years have stripped us of those principles. You know that don't you?
And you're living on fantasy island! LOL,Have you met Tattoo or Mr. Roarke yet? Sorry but our country was NOT founded on the bible or Christianity! The election is over and you lost so stop the whining as it doesn't become you! The nation has spoken especially the states of Maryland,Washington and Maine! Marriage equality for all is here to stay so again STFU nut job! And keep that bible to yourself as there are many Americans of different faiths who have the same rights as you do and don't again want to hear your bible babble!

Was America founded on Christianity ? NO it was not!

http://www.freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfat...
mahz

Belleville, IL

#36193 Dec 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
Right after you explain how snakes can talk or how a man can live inside a whale for days.

How did that appear in your Alien fairy tale? Simple answer. It didn't. You are just suffering from the delusion that it does. Because your brain doesn't work right.
mahz

Belleville, IL

#36194 Dec 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite...
No greater force for good exists still.
Just a simple fact.
Smile.
Crusades, Cognite Intare, Gott Mit Uns, Inquisitions, Witch Trials, Blood Libels, Jim Jones, Warren Jeffs, David Koresh, Westboro Baptist Church

Just some simple facts.

No greater force for evil still exists.

SMIRK
mahz

Belleville, IL

#36195 Dec 14, 2012
non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
This country was founded on principles of democracy invented in ancient Greece and then practiced in the Roman Empire. That and ideas developed during the French Enlightenment. The whole goddamn reason this nation was founded was to allow for freedom, without the hand of the church or a king who rules by divine right crushing personal liberty.

The founding fathers were all Freemasons. You should probably go look that up if you don't know what that means. They most certainly were not founding this country on Christian mythology.
Just Saying

Wilmington, IL

#36196 Dec 14, 2012
Jeb Wilson wrote:
so that means your stank crotch has stds. i rather lose in nam than to swing my azz around a pole man. so now you a ho on a pole. we didnt have your kind in nam.
run along now and go swing your nasty std junk around.
Not sure where you were in Nam. We saw alot of Lil. Her eyes were slanted and absolutely beautiful. she love you long time. Nobody won or lost that war. Both sides just stacked up bodies.
non smoker

Frankfort, IL

#36197 Dec 14, 2012
Thomas Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>And you're living on fantasy island! LOL,Have you met Tattoo or Mr. Roarke yet? Sorry but our country was NOT founded on the bible or Christianity! The election is over and you lost so stop the whining as it doesn't become you! The nation has spoken especially the states of Maryland,Washington and Maine! Marriage equality for all is here to stay so again STFU nut job! And keep that bible to yourself as there are many Americans of different faiths who have the same rights as you do and don't again want to hear your bible babble!

Was America founded on Christianity ? NO it was not!

http://www.freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfat...
Interesting you should ask me to shut the F up when all that's on this thread is how proud you all are to be gay. Why don't I ask the same thing of you all? Interesting how your lifestyle is one full of ridicule and judgment yet I strike a nerve when I vocalize my beliefs. This country used to be founded on mine, not yours. Trust me, our founding forefathers would be disgusted if they read what you all are proud of and write about.
non smoker

Frankfort, IL

#36198 Dec 14, 2012
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>This country was founded on principles of democracy invented in ancient Greece and then practiced in the Roman Empire. That and ideas developed during the French Enlightenment. The whole goddamn reason this nation was founded was to allow for freedom, without the hand of the church or a king who rules by divine right crushing personal liberty.

The founding fathers were all Freemasons. You should probably go look that up if you don't know what that means. They most certainly were not founding this country on Christian mythology.
We prayed in schools, Gods name is on our currency, Christ was sacred. Now he is made to look like a farce, don't twist what history says to fit your own disgusting habits and beliefs. You should be ashamed of yourself.
mahz

Belleville, IL

#36199 Dec 14, 2012
non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
We prayed in schools, Gods name is on our currency, Christ was sacred. Now he is made to look like a farce, don't twist what history says to fit your own disgusting habits and beliefs. You should be ashamed of yourself.
God's name wasn't put on currency until 1936. God's name wasn't added to the Pledge of Allegiance until 1954. Don't twist history to fit your habits and beliefs.

I should be ashamed of myself for not believing the same way you do? Do realize how crazy that makes you sound?
mahz

Belleville, IL

#36200 Dec 14, 2012
Christ is sacred to you. And the Muslims. He is one of the great prophets, they just don't believe he is God. Yet you don't like them.

The Jews believe you are goyum and therefore not one of the chosen people. The goyum are inferior races that are to be exploited. Yet you love Israel.

Then you get pissed at athiests who think you guys are all nuts for fighting over mythological stories.

You Christians make no sense to me.
non smoker

Frankfort, IL

#36201 Dec 14, 2012
mahz wrote:
Christ is sacred to you. And the Muslims. He is one of the great prophets, they just don't believe he is God. Yet you don't like them.

The Jews believe you are goyum and therefore not one of the chosen people. The goyum are inferior races that are to be exploited. Yet you love Israel.

Then you get pissed at athiests who think you guys are all nuts for fighting over mythological stories.

All I have to say is Jesus loves you. I might not be able to debate or twist history or distort things to make myself sound like an intelligent historian or something but I know my God is a loving God, and if you ask forgiveness for accepting and being gay, and if you live your life in a Godly way, you will be forgiven. You have a chance to spend eternity in Heaven and not suffer a life of Burning hell. The choice is yours, good luck
Advice

Saint Louis, MO

#36202 Dec 14, 2012
Once you admit to knowing nothing then the learning begins.
mahz wrote:
Jake M

Troy, IL

#36203 Dec 14, 2012
THATS a shame.
mahz

United States

#36204 Dec 14, 2012
non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
All I have to say is Jesus loves you. I might not be able to debate or twist history or distort things to make myself sound like an intelligent historian or something but I know my God is a loving God, and if you ask forgiveness for accepting and being gay, and if you live your life in a Godly way, you will be forgiven. You have a chance to spend eternity in Heaven and not suffer a life of Burning hell. The choice is yours, good luck
I'm not quite sure why I should beg your God to forgive me for being gay. I've never been gay.

I'm also not twisting history, I'm giving you facts. What you are saying is that facts and history do not matter. You only need your beliefs and anything contradictory to your faith is not real.

Therein lies the problem. I am a rational thinker who uses logic and reason. You are an intuitive thinker who relies on feelings and belief.

There's really no room for agreement there. We will never see eye to eye and I'm fine with that. If you wanna dance around, singing and clapping to some iron age sun god and that little bit of caveman psychodrama provides you some sort of emotional release or fufillment then by all means, knock yourself out. However, when you expect me to believe exactly what you do, or think you're going to persecute my fellow Americans based on that bullshit then I'm going to point out what a crock of contradictory and hypocritical shit it really is.
youbet

Sugar Grove, IL

#36205 Dec 14, 2012
Saluki Rod smokes pink owls.
ROTFLMFAO

Mounds, IL

#36206 Dec 14, 2012
non smoker wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea of how ridiculous you sound do you? You're trying to convince everyone you worship a "loving god"....telling gay people to ask forgiveness(??????)from him(?) for, in your mind, "creating" them like this...because if not then this "LOVING" god is going to BURN them in HELL FOREVER, his OWN children....BURN FOREVER for BEING who HE MADE them. HUH? Oh, and how's that "stoning" goin' for ya'all on all your christians that have gotten divorced or had SEX outside of a "marriage bed"? Why, oh why, aren't you DOING what YOUR god tells you to do? Why aren't you TAKING CARE of your neighbors, opening your doors to STRANGERS as your god has demanded? Do you visit the prisons regularly like your god tells you because after all he does say that is where he lives. And OMG, why are you involved in a discussion on politics? Your god proclaims govt' is the devils work and your are not to partake in it in anyway except living by it's rules NOT getting involved. YOU are a FALSE christian. Now, go pray on that for awhile.
non smoker

Chicago, IL

#36207 Dec 14, 2012
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not quite sure why I should beg your God to forgive me for being gay. I've never been gay.

I'm also not twisting history, I'm giving you facts. What you are saying is that facts and history do not matter. You only need your beliefs and anything contradictory to your faith is not real.

Therein lies the problem. I am a rational thinker who uses logic and reason. You are an intuitive thinker who relies on feelings and belief.

There's really no room for agreement there. We will never see eye to eye and I'm fine with that. If you wanna dance around, singing and clapping to some iron age sun god and that little bit of caveman psychodrama provides you some sort of emotional release or fufillment then by all means, knock yourself out. However, when you expect me to believe exactly what you do, or think you're going to persecute my fellow Americans based on that bullshit then I'm going to point out what a crock of contradictory and hypocritical shit it really is.
You choose to insult, I choose to pray for you. You need it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waggoner Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arlene Rickett Oct '14 DAVE 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 newpoly 35
Name the sexual offendors? (Sep '13) Sep '13 Reality 1
car show (Aug '12) Aug '12 chevy 1
Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Mon... (Oct '10) Oct '11 fatboizs 27
Who do you support for County Clerk-Recorder in... (Oct '10) Oct '11 fatboizs 14
Who do you support for State Senate in Illinois... (Oct '10) Nov '10 vet 52
Waggoner Dating
Find my Match

Waggoner People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waggoner News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waggoner

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:41 am PST

NFL11:41AM
Trestman: There's accountability in Bears' building
NBC Sports12:41 PM
Bears' Trestman aware of speculation about future - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 1:20 PM
Chicago sportscaster apologizes for tasteless joke in Cutler pun
NBC Sports 1:57 PM
Marc Trestman: It's evident I haven't gotten best from Jay Cutler
NBC Sports 2:15 PM
Should fantasy owners bench Eli Manning in Week 16?