Updated 9/24: Residents speak out against Dist. 121 referendum

Sep 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Antioch Review

Several local residents spoke out against the Warren Township High School District 121 referendum Tuesday night, questioning both the way the measure is being proposed and the cost of the expansion project the ...

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Oct 23, 2008
Larry Wright

North Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Why are people complaining about a tax decrease? The only way our taxes will go down is by voting yes. I see these big red signs sayign to vote no. There is no contact information to know who is against a tax decrease. Does anyone know what organization is promoting the No vote to keep taxes up?
bozboz

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

confusing
Vote No

Libertyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

To see this as a tax decrease is very short-sighted. The way that the pro votes are portaying this is suspect to say the least. The way I understand it is that if voted in the school will refinance the current debt and use some of the "equity" built up by over paying that past four years to fund the expansion. However what that means is issuing debt for another 20 years for the remaining debt. Or, if voted down, they will continue to pay over and pay the entire amount off within 5-6 years. So basically, we can see a slight decrease this year, but continue to pay for the next 20 years, or see no decrease right now, but see a significant decrease in 5-6 years. I've not seen the numbers but my guess is the cumulative tax savings will be if voted down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wadsworth Discussions

Search the Wadsworth Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge jay ukena (Mar '13) 49 min Rachel 117
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 48,989
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr nono 3,840
attention ladies! 14 hr Duck Hook 2
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Jul 27 newpoly 1,864
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Chicagobunny 526
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... Jul 21 Chicagobroker 10
•••
•••
•••
Wadsworth Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wadsworth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••