Draft horses killed in traffic accident

Draft horses killed in traffic accident

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 28, 2007, titled Draft horses killed in traffic accident. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

At least 9 Belgian draft horses were killed in suburban Chicago after a semi-trailer truck carrying them collided with a pickup over the weekend, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

horse caretaker

United States

#1 Oct 31, 2007
This is a horrific tradgedy!! Once again human beings thinking of their bank account instead of the living breathing creatures intrusted in our care. The person(s) driving the truck hauling these horses are personally responsible for every life lost and injured in that accident and will have to carry it around forever---that is if he or she has a concious.
HT
Evelyn Hertrich- Huntley

AOL

#2 Nov 4, 2007
Has anyone looked into the other 3 trucks carrying probably the same amount of Horses?? There were 4 trucks traveling together. Who knows what happened to those horses ??
Sue Hill

Milwaukee, WI

#3 Nov 4, 2007
Why were there so many horses on that trailer, where were they taking them?? Slaughter houses. Does "some people care for these animals"?? These are precious animals that you truckers are hauling. Should we even trust in professional horse haulers?? What is going to happen to the surviving horses??? I am hoping a good loving home instead of a slaughter house. I see these cows just crammed in their trailer just waiting to go to the slaughter house. I know most of us eat cattle, but I still feel sorry for these animals just crammed in these trailers. These are live animals in those trailers, can we at least drive more careful?? Alot of drivers don't even have respect for us horse riders on the road. Where is the compassion???
Brenda

AOL

#4 Nov 5, 2007
This is horrible, I hope that the owner does not get these horses back. How frightened the horses must have been. The remaining horses should be given to loving homes, someone that will properly take good care of these beautiful animals. The driver and owner should be charged with animal cruelty. I hope someone keeps up with this story to let everyone interested know what happens in this situation. Often you hear of a situation then there is no more said about it. Wish I lived closer and there was something I could do to help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wadsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
news update: charles trinchetilla Jan 12 getting back 1
beware of charles trinchetilla III -cat service... Jan 12 getting back 1
The Haunted Gate in Libertyville, IL (Feb '11) Dec 28 Joko 10
Crookd Dec 25 putinj 1
Grand Ave and Hunt Club Rd New building (Jan '16) Dec '17 Rity 6
Pothead Legislators Dec '17 papsmear 1
News Editorial: Rescue squad bypasses the high road ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Resident 3

Wadsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wadsworth Mortgages