Teenager shot in leg at LI high school

Teenager shot in leg at LI high school

There are 42 comments on the The Associated Press story from Dec 13, 2008, titled Teenager shot in leg at LI high school . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Suffolk County police say a 14-year-old boy has been shot in the leg after a basketball game at William Floyd High School on Long Island.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
George Bush

Fishkill, NY

#1 Dec 13, 2008
There is a shocker
Christmas

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 13, 2008
I live here in Mastic Beach, and have my whole life......and I tell you I am NOT shocked at this incident, but I am disgusted. I read these posts and see how people talk about Mastic Beach, and then you have the loyals that defend it.
But I am afraid to say......it is what it is. This place is going down hill, and fast. We have our good parts, but the Thugs are taking it over. If we could get rid of the thugs and white trash, we'd be okay. but I guess that's the same of every town.:(
charles

Bayville, NY

#3 Dec 13, 2008
the person whom shot the 9th grader should be put behind bars for life without parol
sillyme1

New York, NY

#5 Dec 13, 2008
Against the Riverhead School, the shooting does not surprise me.They are a wild bunch in Riverhead.
sillyme1

New York, NY

#6 Dec 13, 2008
Its all the section 8 people they let live here.Little Flower has to keep all the foster care kids who have not been adopted out till 21.They come from the city , the Bronx , then they are let out to run wild in our nieghborhoods.
Christmas wrote:
I live here in Mastic Beach, and have my whole life......and I tell you I am NOT shocked at this incident, but I am disgusted. I read these posts and see how people talk about Mastic Beach, and then you have the loyals that defend it.
But I am afraid to say......it is what it is. This place is going down hill, and fast. We have our good parts, but the Thugs are taking it over. If we could get rid of the thugs and white trash, we'd be okay. but I guess that's the same of every town.:(
THE TRUTH

Hewlett, NY

#7 Dec 13, 2008
What a bunch of racist fear mongers.This kind of stuff happens EVERYWHERE. I spent the first 35 years of my life in NYC. This kind of thing happens just about every day there. We have isolated incidences like this out here and right away everyone starts with their not so well masked racist diatribes. This is why your kids turn into sniveling little panty wastes as adults. They can't socialize with anyone who may be different than them because they live sheltered childhoods and have to listen to racist drivel from parents like you. Grow up and stop sheltering them from the REAL world, otherwise they will turn into YOU
THE TRUTH

Hewlett, NY

#8 Dec 13, 2008
By the way I live out here in Centereach, not in Brooklyn
sillyme1

New York, NY

#9 Dec 13, 2008
why should the tax payers who work hard to give there kids a good college education and pay there bills have to pay for the lazy people who want it all handed to them? Why should we get here what the bronz and the city don't want? whose a racist? They are all colors theres white trash as well as black , purple green or yellow.I saw the video from the shooting the majority of the kids were not from our home school.
THE TRUTH wrote:
What a bunch of racist fear mongers.This kind of stuff happens EVERYWHERE. I spent the first 35 years of my life in NYC. This kind of thing happens just about every day there. We have isolated incidences like this out here and right away everyone starts with their not so well masked racist diatribes. This is why your kids turn into sniveling little panty wastes as adults. They can't socialize with anyone who may be different than them because they live sheltered childhoods and have to listen to racist drivel from parents like you. Grow up and stop sheltering them from the REAL world, otherwise they will turn into YOU
Iro

Stratford, CT

#10 Dec 13, 2008
1. Where did you see the video I wanted to see it because i know people in both schools.

2. I live in Shirley and I barely leave my house because of things like that, but that's not the problem. The problem is the town not doing anything to prevent such incidents.
lawman

Freehold, NJ

#11 Dec 13, 2008
THE TRUTH is 87% of crime is committed by blacks and hispanics. They are not even close to being 87% of the population. Draw whatever conclusion you like. I stay away from trouble. I am hispanic and proud of it but we have some problems my friends.
Iro

Stratford, CT

#12 Dec 13, 2008
I agree with you, most of the fights in William Floyd are racially based, and mostly between blacks and Hispanics.
Debbie

Bronx, NY

#14 Dec 13, 2008
I am tired of people bashing our community and schools. We have dedicated well educated teachers here. The majority of our students are just as dedicated to their educations. The problem isn't with our schools and community; the problem exists with the department of social services and the many absentee slumlords who own homes to rent. "out of sight,out of mind." They don't care as long as they get their money. On top of that you have every 50 foot wide lot with a new home being built on it. When these homes can't be sold, how do you think the builders will make back their money? The one way they will be guaranteed to get it....rent to subsidized housing. There was a moratorium on building on Montauk highway, how about one for new home permits! People, we need to stand up and take our community back! There are more good things than bad things happening here. The more voices heared the better.

Iro

“Words of Silence”

Since: Dec 08

Rzeszow

#16 Dec 13, 2008
Well I agree we have good teachers and students. But some people should be just lets say not there. We get the sex offenders list every 2 weeks. That doesn't make me feel any safer you know. I don't know if I'll make it safe home from the school bus. Its not really about the fact of renting houses, but about how the people in them act. I think the town should do something about people living in this area. Shooting, killing, and cops break the law, that sets a great example for young people. Yeah let me be a rapist at least I get popular in a whole area.
Love my town

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Dec 13, 2008
I too have lived in the Mastic/Shirley area for over 15 years. Both my children graduated from Floyd High School and are law abiding citizens. Not everyone from this town is a low life..We have our good and our bad just like any other town. I hope the SCPD find the person/persons responsible for this and let justice prevail. Save our town and kids....!
Coach

Hanover Park, IL

#18 Dec 13, 2008
Walk it off!

Iro

“Words of Silence”

Rzeszow

#19 Dec 13, 2008
We have too many bad ones, it doesn't balance....
sillyme1

United States

#20 Dec 13, 2008
I have always been very happy with the William Flyod School District.I have put 4 thru there and my one daughter who is 23 , her first grade teacher and I still keep in contact.My son is home schooled due to a medical issue, his teachers are all 100% into helping him.They are helping me find scholar ships for him for college, he has a 90 average thanks to all those wonderful teachers.My kids never got into trouble.I think pulling the off duty police out of the schools and replacing them with private security was a big mistake.Many parents sent there kids to school to be baby sat and not for the right reasons.Parents need to be responsible and get involved in there childs education.As for those sex offender lists.I am happy to be informed.
Iro wrote:
Well I agree we have good teachers and students. But some people should be just lets say not there. We get the sex offenders list every 2 weeks. That doesn't make me feel any safer you know. I don't know if I'll make it safe home from the school bus. Its not really about the fact of renting houses, but about how the people in them act. I think the town should do something about people living in this area. Shooting, killing, and cops break the law, that sets a great example for young people. Yeah let me be a rapist at least I get popular in a whole area.
sillyme1

United States

#21 Dec 13, 2008
The gangs on the corner at the Empire Gas station in the mornings are a gang of blacks.This is across the street from the school
lawman wrote:
THE TRUTH is 87% of crime is committed by blacks and hispanics. They are not even close to being 87% of the population. Draw whatever conclusion you like. I stay away from trouble. I am hispanic and proud of it but we have some problems my friends.
Another bad winter

Bronx, NY

#22 Dec 13, 2008
Well, I can empathize with the feelings of most of the posters. I have lived in Mastic for over 18 years and my child graduated with honors from Wm. Floyd and went on to college with a FULL scholarship and will now be obtaining a masters degree within the next 2 weeks. Yes there are many good, solid people in the Tri-Hamlet area, but like anywhere else, there are bad apples too. Last winter we had to deal with almost daily reports of sexual assualts and now we have shooting #2 under our belts.(Cab driver murder and HS shooting.) I think we must take issue with the media the continues to report only the BAD news about our area and never any of the good. Hopefully this will not be the start of another bad winter of bad news stories. I am embarassed to admit I have succumbed to the bad rap we have in the media and am putting my beloved home up for sale in the spring and headed for the North Shore.

Iro

“Words of Silence”

Rzeszow

#23 Dec 13, 2008
sillyme1 wrote:
As for those sex offender lists.I am happy to be informed.
<quoted text>
Wouldn't you feel better if you didn't have to be informed because there were none in the area?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wading River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hpf (Sep '13) Jul 21 Thomas 4
Danny Fred flintstone (Aug '13) Jul 19 JAYTHEMAN 14
Hidden Meadows C0-ops. (Jan '13) Jul 18 Brigan 7
Son Beaten by Riverhead Jail Sargent (Jan '09) Jul 17 SLAUS 177
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Jul 16 Guilty Dave 15
Bittrolff Jul 5 Mastic Man 4
News Long Island school leaders predict budget appro... May '17 abcdefg 1

Wading River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wading River Mortgages