Comments
1 - 20 of 73 Comments Last updated Mar 7, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
TTC

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 25, 2013
 
I got pulled over this weekend for having "expired license plates" however my plates are not expired and i have proof of it. I got a minor consumption and i refused to sign the ticket. Anyone have ideas on what will happen?
One

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 25, 2013
 
who told you it was an unlawful pullover? there is no such thing. police dont really need a reason to pull you over. they give any number of reasons if asked though. they can pull you over just to check your id if they want. they can literally say anything and be good.

You will not win this. why did you only get a minor consumption? you should have a got DUI even if you were under the limit, if you are a minor. So you got really lucky. He really gave you a break. I would not push it, you will not win and will probably get a more serious charge on top of it.
Hey

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 25, 2013
 
Lets not make light of what happened. I don't care what he did or had.
The police here are frikn bullies here! Running stop lights turning lights on just to get out of traffic speeding through neighborhoods with no lights or sirens! Rude and disrespectful on calls.
That was a prick thing for the cop to do.
You have a recorder on your phone use it. 2 many people forget their rights and what to do.
Sad. Sad waist of tax money.
& don't say how I would call the cops if I needed them! Call for what??? Pathetic - you can have a GED to be a cop lol the physical standards are bellow military standards lol look out how old and fat they are in this town! lol
TTC

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 25, 2013
 
Nope actually someone else was driving my car. They can give a number of reasons but he said the reason was my license plates are expired. I said no theyre not he said yea they are i said no they really arent and he said theyre expired license and registation.
TTC

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 25, 2013
 
The person who told me it was unlawful was my attorney. I juss talked to him after i posted this and he said it will get dropped. They never breathalized me either.
goodluck

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 25, 2013
 
My husband got pulled over for driving left of center on a 4 lane road and we were in the far right hand lane???? He didn't beat the ticket.
hmm

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 25, 2013
 
Sorry, but its your word against his lol the ticket won't get dropped. Unless you have the whole thing on video, you have no proof of anything. In a courtroom, the cop can give any reason he wants for pulling you over & the judge will take his word over yours... You're just lucky the cop didn't arrest you.
thats right

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 25, 2013
 
Cops do anything they want and get away with it all the time. Just pay the ticket and be done with it.
TTC

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

My attorney will ask for a police report and they wont have any evidence.
really

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 25, 2013
 
I've been pulled over for a dirty license plate and was pulled over bcuz my plate light was out. Got to WalMart to change the light bulb and realized they were both working fine. Yea cops r asses but they do what they want and nothing we can do about it.
Rainman

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 25, 2013
 
Man if we cry a little more something might change! Lol! I would not want that job! To have to deal with idiots all night who think they are right, and record everything you do, to try and make a quick dollar on a mistake! People in this city are petty! Bigger cities this does not go down because people don't stress on petty s**t like this.

If your plates are not expired all you have to do is take your registration to court! You don't have an attorney, you probably called for a free consult! If you got a minor consumption ticket, that means you are under twenty one. So if you have an attorney, either your always in trouble, or you have a family with money! I will go with the first choice, since people with money would not hop on here and whine about a ticket, if they have attorneys on stand-by!

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 25, 2013
 
TTC wrote:
Nope actually someone else was driving my car. They can give a number of reasons but he said the reason was my license plates are expired. I said no theyre not he said yea they are i said no they really arent and he said theyre expired license and registation.
If you weren't even driving you don't have to worry about the expired ticket. If you wanna help your buddy out that was driving then show up to court for his trial and prove it was not expired.
You sound like a real scholar! Consider yourself lucky you didn't land in jail. Failing to sign can get you arrested. It doesn't sound like you are telling the whole story...not a surprise, you're on here looking for support!
Legal Eagle

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 25, 2013
 
TTC wrote:
I got pulled over this weekend for having "expired license plates" however my plates are not expired and i have proof of it. I got a minor consumption and i refused to sign the ticket. Anyone have ideas on what will happen?
The legal term for this is, "WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH "!!!
Legal Eagle

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I prefer a button down shirt to a pullover.
One

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 26, 2013
 
TTC wrote:
My attorney will ask for a police report and they wont have any evidence.
Hahhaha. You either have a terrible attorney or you are lying. Who hires an attorney for a minor consumption? It's cheaper to just pay the fine.LOL

Police only need reasonable Suspicion to pull you over, this is a much lower standard than probable cause. Look it up. The reason he gave you does not have to be the reason he pulled you over. Like I said before. He can pull you over for ANYTHING he wants. You think because he told you expired plates, that you are good. You are wrong, he could give a totally different answer to judge. Or he could just say he miss read the plates, he would still have the right to pull you over...you will lose this. Hell you're "attorney" is looking for evidence in a police report...WTF LOL...that dude is scamming you.

If you don't believe me, enjoy the lawyer fees and you will still pay the fine.
One

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 26, 2013
 
but really dude I'm not trying to argumentative. I'm trying to help you.

If you are dead set on fighting this, I wish you the best of luck.

the cops, judges, and prosecutors in this city are all very lazy. especially with misdemeanors. So at least they will be forced to earn a paycheck.

I do not give you much of a shot at winning, but I hope it turns out well. Let me know how it goes.
LawSchool

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 26, 2013
 
TTC wrote:
The person who told me it was unlawful was my attorney. I juss talked to him after i posted this and he said it will get dropped. They never breathalized me either.
The police do NOT have to give you a breathalyzer for a minor consumption. There is no requirement to do that say as no requirement to give one for a public intoxication.
One

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 26, 2013
 
LawSchool wrote:
<quoted text>
The police do NOT have to give you a breathalyzer for a minor consumption. There is no requirement to do that say as no requirement to give one for a public intoxication.
This correct. hand held breathalyzers are generally not admissible in court anyway. So that means nothing. wether or not you signed the ticket is also irrelevant. signing a ticket is not an admission of guilt anyway. so that does not help you at all.

botton line is you knew you were drinking the officer obviously did to, which is the part of the story you suspiciously leave out.

but again, best of luck
LawSchool

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 26, 2013
 
LawSchool wrote:
<quoted text>The police do NOT have to give you a breathalyzer for a minor consumption. There is no requirement to do that say as no requirement to give one for a public intoxication.
*and there is no requirement to give one for a PI.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 26, 2013
 
FTP!!!!!!! WHO WAS THE COP?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wadesville Discussions

Search the Wadesville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sholar Center 13 min baddoctor 10
Tiffany mason 34 min Etc 1
Who is chad Brisby? 38 min Ibdammo 2
Ferguson - Evansville, IN 44 min 4 real 47
first tattoo 53 min Missing you 54
joelle lockwood 55 min Worried 105
Kelsey Klodowski on probation 1 hr coltsfan 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wadesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wadesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wadesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wadesville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••