dug testing for aid
witness

Princeton, KY

#61 Jan 30, 2013
Amy wrote:
[QUOTE who="be real!!! "]<quoted text>
That's fine but if you can't pay your bills then you shouldn't pay for drugs and the tax payers should know that the people they help are clean and are trying to better themselves. I don't care about the rights of the people that are sucking the life out of the system. Quit trying to defend bad behavior "

Some people cannot afford to go to the doctor. Some people cannot afford insurance. Street drugs might be the only way to get through the day. I'm not saying that's okay, but it is a way of life for many people. Users of medical THC don't use it to get high- they use it to function at a normal level.

All I'm trying to say here is not all drug users are bad people. Some work full-time, low paying jobs just to get by and cannot afford the medications they need, so they do their best by getting it off the street. Our systems are flawed and everyone knows that. These laws make it worse for the low-income community to receive help.
Street drugs are more expensive in the long run than a doctors prescription. Stop making excuses. Medical weed isn't legal is your state, stop making excuses.
be real!!!

Newburgh, IN

#62 Jan 30, 2013
NeverGonnaGetIt wrote:
That's fine but look at the facts Be who you want to be but understand there is no respect for a welfare loser that spends money on useless. things like drugs. "

And theirs no respect for your government let along your feel on a bunch of statistic thoughts.(Huh I don't understand )you still don't get it. jump out the box.Walking clones suck ..unplug ur machines
What box? And what country do you live in? Because if its the USA then it's your government too. Dumbass
be real!!!

Newburgh, IN

#63 Jan 30, 2013
Amy wrote:
That's fine but if you can't pay your bills then you shouldn't pay for drugs and the tax payers should know that the people they help are clean and are trying to better themselves. I don't care about the rights of the people that are sucking the life out of the system. Quit trying to defend bad behavior "

Some people cannot afford to go to the doctor. Some people cannot afford insurance. Street drugs might be the only way to get through the day. I'm not saying that's okay, but it is a way of life for many people. Users of medical THC don't use it to get high- they use it to function at a normal level.

All I'm trying to say here is not all drug users are bad people. Some work full-time, low paying jobs just to get by and cannot afford the medications they need, so they do their best by getting it off the street. Our systems are flawed and everyone knows that. These laws make it worse for the low-income community to receive help.
It's an excuse. People who must get high or drunk to get thru the day are addicts and need help not drugs.
4th

Lexington, KY

#64 Jan 30, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't refuse to answer them; I just refused to acknowledge your ignorance. I showed you viable research, you have thrown your opinion at me.
You showed me news articles and one case, which by the way differs from your argument. Did you even read the case that was listed? Research is not quoting some liberal bs articles written with like minded slants. Nice try...
4th

Lexington, KY

#65 Jan 30, 2013
Amy wrote:

This is by far the biggest load of crap you have stated thus far. There are a ton of free medical programs for the poor. You are starting to become comical.
Amy

Kent, OH

#66 Jan 30, 2013
witness wrote:
<quoted text>
Amy do you smoke weed? Did your parents allow you to close your bedroom door at 12 and smoke weed with your boyfriends before you made out with them?
Personal attack; it's irrelevent. My husband and I pay for everything we have (which is not much, but enough to get by). We both work full-time for a local non-profit organization in their group homes. I actually do not receive any type of aid or help.

Everything else you said? Has nothing to do with this topic and I'm sure no one else cares. For the record- no. I never smoked anything until well into college and my personal life has nothing to do with this thread. You just made yourself sound ignorant and rude.
Amy

Kent, OH

#67 Jan 30, 2013
4th wrote:
<quoted text>
This is by far the biggest load of crap you have stated thus far. There are a ton of free medical programs for the poor. You are starting to become comical.
Tons of free medical programs for the poor? That's laughable. I am part of "the working poor." As in, make too much money to receive aid if I wanted it, but not enough money to actually help myself. I cannot afford insurance, so my options are limited. I can go to ECHO but since I work and receive a steady paycheck, it's still $80 a visit, which I cannot afford. I have the flu right now, actually. I have $17.83 in the bank. My car is in need of repairs that I cannot afford and I have already put $2000 into it being repaired.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. There are a lot of people out there like me. I work hard to receive very little but I love what I do. I help physically and mentally disabled adults learn how to do basic living skills.

So, explain to me- why am I being brought down?
Amy

Kent, OH

#68 Jan 30, 2013
witness wrote:
<quoted text>
Street drugs are more expensive in the long run than a doctors prescription. Stop making excuses. Medical weed isn't legal is your state, stop making excuses.
Have you ever bought a prescription medication without insurance? I have. It once cost me approximately $75, and that was only after the pharmacist gave me an "uninsured discount". I've had to pay more than that, as well. I've also gotten prescriptions for under $10 because of generics- but not all medicine has a generic version available to the public because of patent laws. Some prescriptions you might have to take for the rest of your life for something you could not control- my brother has Type 1 diabetes and will remain on insulin for the remainder of his life.

One more thing, medical marijuana is not legally accepted by the federal government because of the paper, tobacco, and alcohol industries; all of which banded together to ban hemp (a sister plant of marijuana that contains miniscule amounts of THC) because it was taking their business away. It was purely political. It is not a manufactured drug; it is a plant. However, I know that the last statement is my opinion and I will try to respect yours.
witness

Princeton, KY

#69 Jan 30, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>Personal attack; it's irrelevent. My husband and I pay for everything we have (which is not much, but enough to get by). We both work full-time for a local non-profit organization in their group homes. I actually do not receive any type of aid or help.

Everything else you said? Has nothing to do with this topic and I'm sure no one else cares. For the record- no. I never smoked anything until well into college and my personal life has nothing to do with this thread. You just made yourself sound ignorant and rude.
LOL ... You're the one defending drug users mooching off of the govt and charities.
Why would you consider my comment a personal attack? You seem to think there is nothing wrong with closed doors. Man you are wishy washy.
witness

Princeton, KY

#70 Jan 30, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever bought a prescription medication without insurance? I have. It once cost me approximately $75, and that was only after the pharmacist gave me an "uninsured discount". I've had to pay more than that, as well. I've also gotten prescriptions for under $10 because of generics- but not all medicine has a generic version available to the public because of patent laws. Some prescriptions you might have to take for the rest of your life for something you could not control- my brother has Type 1 diabetes and will remain on insulin for the remainder of his life.

One more thing, medical marijuana is not legally accepted by the federal government because of the paper, tobacco, and alcohol industries; all of which banded together to ban hemp (a sister plant of marijuana that contains miniscule amounts of THC) because it was taking their business away. It was purely political. It is not a manufactured drug; it is a plant. However, I know that the last statement is my opinion and I will try to respect yours.
People with street drug addictions will spend anywhere from $50 -$1000 a day. That is way more expensive than a 75.00 prescription. This topic is about people having to take a drug test to receive help with their power, it's not about the cost of prescriptions and why weed should be legal. Stick to the topic.
be real!!!

Newburgh, IN

#71 Jan 30, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>Tons of free medical programs for the poor? That's laughable. I am part of "the working poor." As in, make too much money to receive aid if I wanted it, but not enough money to actually help myself. I cannot afford insurance, so my options are limited. I can go to ECHO but since I work and receive a steady paycheck, it's still $80 a visit, which I cannot afford. I have the flu right now, actually. I have $17.83 in the bank. My car is in need of repairs that I cannot afford and I have already put $2000 into it being repaired.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. There are a lot of people out there like me. I work hard to receive very little but I love what I do. I help physically and mentally disabled adults learn how to do basic living skills.

So, explain to me- why am I being brought down?
Then work two jobs or just get better jobs. I know it's hard to get a good job when you are a pot smoker so quit using drugs. Stop making excuses for bad behavior and work harder.
witness

Princeton, KY

#72 Jan 30, 2013
[QUOTE who="be real!!! "]<quoted text>Then work two jobs or just get better jobs. I know it's hard to get a good job when you are a pot smoker so quit using drugs. Stop making excuses for bad behavior and work harder.[/QUOTE]
BINGO ... We have a winner.
Amy

United States

#73 Jan 30, 2013
witness wrote:
<quoted text>
People with street drug addictions will spend anywhere from $50 -$1000 a day. That is way more expensive than a 75.00 prescription. This topic is about people having to take a drug test to receive help with their power, it's not about the cost of prescriptions and why weed should be legal. Stick to the topic.
I never mentioned anything about addicts in my arguments. I was talking about those who cannot afford to get prescriptions filled at a pharmacy and choose to buy their prescriptions on the street for far cheaper. I suppose I should have mentioned this.

Also, the attack was personal since you brought up opinions from a different board (concerned parent; a good read, actually) that were irrelevant to this discussion. Instead of using what I said, you assumed information about me pulled from a different topic completely- most of the people here had no clue what you were talking about when you said those things.
Amy

United States

#74 Jan 30, 2013
Then work two jobs or just get better jobs. I know it's hard to get a good job when you are a pot smoker so quit using drugs. Stop making excuses for bad behavior and work harder.[/QUOTE]

This is the last time I am writing about my personal life on this topic. I have a great job! I love my job- I have worked there for over 6 years. I don't need a "better" job, for I feel like I am meant to be where I am. I change lives every single day and have a purpose. Why would I want to change this? As for a second job, my first job has very inconsistent hours that are scheduled monthly. It's near impossible to find a second job that would cater to my hours from my job now- I work multiple shifts with different starting/ ending hours, etc. I did have a second job for a little while at a startup company where I could make my own hours, but that fell through.

Because I choose to live my life this way, yes, I do have problems saving money. I saved up $3000 for my wedding last October, then $2000 to repair my vehicle. Things go wrong. Bills need paid.

Anddddd... Now I'm done playing the explaining game. Can we all go back to the original topic at hand? Drug testing. Legal? Illegal? Constitutional? I do like reading everyone's arguments for/against, but I'd like it much more if the argument didn't personally attack someone for their beliefs.
witness

Princeton, KY

#75 Jan 30, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>I never mentioned anything about addicts in my arguments. I was talking about those who cannot afford to get prescriptions filled at a pharmacy and choose to buy their prescriptions on the street for far cheaper. I suppose I should have mentioned this.

Also, the attack was personal since you brought up opinions from a different board (concerned parent; a good read, actually) that were irrelevant to this discussion. Instead of using what I said, you assumed information about me pulled from a different topic completely- most of the people here had no clue what you were talking about when you said those things.
Well... This topic has nothing to so with people that can't pay for their prescriptions. It's about people being tested for drugs to get help with their power. FOCUS!
witness

Nebo, KY

#76 Jan 30, 2013
Amy wrote:
Then work two jobs or just get better jobs. I know it's hard to get a good job when you are a pot smoker so quit using drugs. Stop making excuses for bad behavior and work harder. "

This is the last time I am writing about my personal life on this topic. I have a great job! I love my job- I have worked there for over 6 years. I don't need a "better" job, for I feel like I am meant to be where I am. I change lives every single day and have a purpose. Why would I want to change this? As for a second job, my first job has very inconsistent hours that are scheduled monthly. It's near impossible to find a second job that would cater to my hours from my job now- I work multiple shifts with different starting/ ending hours, etc. I did have a second job for a little while at a startup company where I could make my own hours, but that fell through.

Because I choose to live my life this way, yes, I do have problems saving money. I saved up $3000 for my wedding last October, then $2000 to repair my vehicle. Things go wrong. Bills need paid.

Anddddd... Now I'm done playing the explaining game. Can we all go back to the original topic at hand? Drug testing. Legal? Illegal? Constitutional? I do like reading everyone's arguments for/against, but I'd like it much more if the argument didn't personally attack someone for their beliefs.
Look lady ALL ARGUMENTS are based on personal beliefs. It just seems that your beliefs are the odd man out.
Tim

Tucker, GA

#77 Jan 30, 2013
I am for it. I think these losers wanting aid should be tested for tobacco too. If they have money to smoke they can pay their own damn bills. The tax payers are not responsible for these losers.
notadrug

Florence, KY

#78 Jan 30, 2013
I love how pot heads defend drug use.[/QUOTE]

That's because marijuana is not a drug. it is grown naturally from the earth, just like fruits and vegetables. there's also no drugs ADDED to it. it is a weed, hence the name
be real!!!

Newburgh, IN

#79 Jan 30, 2013
notadrug wrote:
I love how pot heads defend drug use. "

That's because marijuana is not a drug. it is grown naturally from the earth, just like fruits and vegetables. there's also no drugs ADDED to it. it is a weed, hence the name
They also call it dope, pot, and drugs so try again.
be real!!!

Newburgh, IN

#80 Jan 30, 2013
Amy wrote:
Then work two jobs or just get better jobs. I know it's hard to get a good job when you are a pot smoker so quit using drugs. Stop making excuses for bad behavior and work harder. "

Every argument attacks someone's personal beliefs. I am glad you like your job I wish more people did but you should always take care of yourself first. Think about it on a plane before takeoff they say in case of emergency put your mask on first then help others that's a good way to live life , but I refuse to help someone who makes bad choices like using drugs over paying bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wadesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bottom girl 2 min Humiliated 6
Oh You Stupid Man 3 min Lol 6
Hey you 7 min Caught 3
i needs uh space fiver one bar 18 min needuhfiber 1
Shelby baker (Nov '16) 19 min itsshelbyfkinbakeryo 13
Andrew Schmitt 20 min Thatsright 3
Natasha who's the man one 24 min Iamthatgirl 5

Wadesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance