Tommy

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

"The Trip To Bountiful", a play on Broadway today is being directed by Tommy Wooten of Marshville at The Ansonia Theater in Wadesboro. Also in the show are Lisa Tarlton, Jennifer Stegall and Regan Doster of Marshville. Show dates are May 10,11,12,17,18 & 19. Tickets available at www.ansoniatheater.com . Come support local arts!!!

Since: Jul 11

Marshville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Tommy..There is a lot of interest in this production around Monroe because of Ginger who is the Grande Dame of local theater. We Monroe folks have our own facebook page and I can tell you the interest is there! The information on the theater website doesn't give a seating diagram, the cost of tickets or how to purchase by mail. I'm close enough to drive to the box office but I'm not sure when it is open. Any more detailed info here will be passed on. Thanks, RHD
Alan Young

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

The Ansonia Theatre has been invited to join the Metrolina Theatre Association. The Ansonia will be included in Region South, which includes Rock Hill Community Theatre, CPCC, Theatre Charlotte, Shakespeare Carolina, Old Courthouse Theatre in Concord, Uwharrie Players, and now The Ansonia Theatre.

The membership includes the Ansonia’s participation in the Metrolina Theatre Association awards process. Members from the other participating theatres in the region will be attending plays at the Ansonia and judging nominated cast members, as well as other support staff such as director, set design, costume design, lighting, sound, and other support personnel necessary to a performance. When applicable the categories music direction, composition and choreography are also included. The Anson County Arts Council is excited that members of the Ansonia’s “Bountiful” cast are being considered for nomination. Get your ticket to see this heartwarming story and judge for yourself. Be sure to bring the tissues!

The cast and crew includes Ginger Heath as Carrie Watts, Lisa Tarlton as Thelma, Steve Fowler as the sheriff and Jennifer Stegall as stage manager. Ansonians participating include Gina Clarke as Jessie Mae, Samuel Kraus as Roy, Tracey Brewer as traveler, and Donnie Lewis, Monica Cole, and Phyllis Dunlap as ticket agents. The tech crew includes Jesse Carpenter, Azeem Hasan, and Vernice Rorie. Musicians Jessica Pigg and Barbara Webb are also Ansonians. Tommy Wooten from Marshville plays Ludie and also directs. Tickets are $12 with special pricing for groups of 10 or more. Tickets will be available April 22 at the Arts Council and Lacy’s.

Read more: The Anson Record - Ansonia invited to join Metrolina Theatre Association
Marshville Citizen 19

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Wonder how much tax money they sop up.
Actor Tomas A Caronni

Marshville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I have been pleasant surprised at the reception that live theater is receiving from the Ansonians. People are coming to town once again like they did in the old days to buy supplies. They are coming from the pinetops of Morven, the hog farms of Cason's Old Field, the hollows of Polkton, the fields of Ansonville, the peach orchards of Peachland and the sandpits of Lilesville. They are coming to town and paying their money to sit and enjoy grand theater. Thespians like myself (not to be confused with Lesbians)are thrilled.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wadesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 12 min Victoria 58,650
Marshville Police Dept Accused 12 hr Marshville Citizen 9
Police: Landlord arrested in illegal eviction Mon Dauphine Eggers 2
Marshville Mayor having a movie made about him Sun Ashley 17
Mayor speaks about floodplain and skatepark--Vi... (Jul '09) Aug 23 hole in the wall 3
Debate: Ferguson - Marshville, NC Aug 21 JohnHamhock 7
Randy Traywick Travis Aug 21 JohnHamhock 4

Search the Wadesboro Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Wadesboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wadesboro People Search