The Plot Thickens in Lawnmower Death in Wingate.

Posted in the Wadesboro Forum

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Dec 4, 2012
Sherlock Holmes

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

The intrigue of the last few days is a little hard to believe.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

You are right about that. It came out that the supervisor and that lady employee that got killed had a thing going on. Right before the accident either he got fired or resigned (nobody officially is saying--depends on who you talk to). The supervisor is saying the accident might not be an accident. Strange stuff for sure.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Mike Stegall wrote:
You are right about that. It came out that the supervisor and that lady employee that got killed had a thing going on. Right before the accident either he got fired or resigned (nobody officially is saying--depends on who you talk to). The supervisor is saying the accident might not be an accident. Strange stuff for sure.
Dood, get a life. A job too; you have too much time to drum up your gossip stories.
Briggs N Straton

Waxhaw, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
Dood, get a life. A job too; you have too much time to drum up your gossip stories.
This info is public knowledge. Mr Brower provided this on Channel Nine.
Max

Wingate, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Mike Brower was the head of the town public works and maintenance department. He had been in charge for about 11 years. He did a good job and got things done the right way and on time. Felinda Thompson had been employed for 5 years. She was a very nice lady. I believe she told me she was a grandmother but she didn't look old enough. She was divorced and Mike was divorced. They started dating. Some of the other town employees said Mike was giving Felinda the easy work and they started acting ugly toward her, This had been going on a year or so. She was a hard worker and did everything the men workers did so that was wrong. Then some of the other workers complained to Barry Greene and John Mangum on the town council so it came out that Felinda and Mike were dating and also how the other employees felt about her working for and dating her boss. So there were some hard feelings. The council tried to settle things. They wanted Mike to stay on because he was good at his job. They felt like it was causing a disruption for him to be dating an employee but it wasn't their place to say he couldn't. So they made him a severance package if he would resign. In other words put a lot of pressure on him. He took some time and decided to resign. Felinda kept on working and was mowing a bank on Elm street at the park when evidently the zero turn mower she was on flipped over. Nobody saw it and it was approximately 3 1/2 hours before anyone missed her. Mike is naturally upset. He had tried to tell the workers not to go out alone but in pairs. He had warned everyone about mowing banks. he found some paint on the zero turn Felinda was riding that looked like a car or truck might have hit it and made it roll over. Last I heard was that he was trying to get the SBI to investigate. The Wingate cops investigated and said it was accidental.
bobby simson

Matthews, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

this should have been investigated by the SBI and not a local police force any where any time.
Hamilton

Wingate, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Browder had told all of the workers that the zero turns were dangerous going up or riding on the side of banks. I think he has moved on and put all of this behind him since it has been more than a year ago. I don't know where he is working now but he was the best one they ever had about getting things done in Wingate. Things have sort of gone downhill since he left. You never saw workers standing around like they do now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wadesboro Discussions

Search the Wadesboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Red Square 56,261
STD epidemic 5 hr Tracy little 9
Man arrested after flipping off deputy at crime... 5 hr Tracy little 1
Do it yourself teeth whitening (May '10) Jul 24 luvnut 21
outdoor art Jul 24 luvnut 2
Editer of Home newspaper Jul 23 whowhat 2
welcome signs Jul 20 luvnut 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wadesboro Jobs

•••