Stuff going on at East Campus

Posted in the Wadesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Loretta Harris

Marshville, NC

#1 Oct 1, 2013
It's fixing to hit the fan. There is stuff going on that is going to embarrass a lot of people and the whole church. it is about the devil's gold---- M-O-N-E-Y It's going to come out one way or another. they can't hide it.
Citizen

Matthews, NC

#2 Oct 1, 2013
A neighbor of mine was thinking about joining there. They were asked to fill out a questionare that included wanting to know their amount of income!! There's just something wrong in that!
Curious

Charlotte, NC

#3 Oct 2, 2013
What's "East Campus"? Just curious so I stay away.
WDP

Marshville, NC

#4 Oct 2, 2013
The one that they are pretty sure has been doing it they can't prove it. They are going to bring in a auditor from outside. It is a LOT of money missing.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 3, 2013
I'm not a member there but my sister and her husband are. I go with them sometimes. I have started going to Lee Park where Chris Justice is the preacher. My sister is a Godly woman and doesn't talk about people but her husband has been saying for a while that something isn't right about the finances at East Campus ITBC. When I read it on here I called him but he said they were told not to say anything while the auditors finish doing the accounting.
Justin Tyme

Waxhaw, NC

#6 Oct 7, 2013
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the caution "Church" road signs? Never more appropriate!!!
Justin Tyme

Waxhaw, NC

#7 Oct 7, 2013
Mike Stegall wrote:
I'm not a member there but my sister and her husband are. I go with them sometimes. I have started going to Lee Park where Chris Justice is the preacher. My sister is a Godly woman and doesn't talk about people but her husband has been saying for a while that something isn't right about the finances at East Campus ITBC. When I read it on here I called him but he said they were told not to say anything while the auditors finish doing the accounting.
I understand that members of Lee Park were asked to go to other churches for service last week or so. How conceded! Can other churches not compare or compete with Lee Park?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 8, 2013
Justin Tyme wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that members of Lee Park were asked to go to other churches for service last week or so. How conceded! Can other churches not compare or compete with Lee Park?
Yes, I didn't agree with that. I know what the intention was but it kind of puts us in a bad light because people are saying it's judgemental, and like you said,(but spelled wrong) conceited.

I would go to Marshville Baptist. I was raised in that church for most of my childhood. The new preacher there (who has been there before) is kind of a whack job. They ran him off from the church in Davidson where he was for many years because he blew up and cussed out the deacons, the church secretary and the youth pastor.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Oct 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
What's "East Campus"? Just curious so I stay away.
It's the "East Campus" of First Baptist Church in Monroe, located in Marshville.
Western wear

Monroe, NC

#10 Oct 8, 2013
It is much wiser to appear to be ignorant than open your mouth and remove all doubt...
WDP

Marshville, NC

#11 Oct 8, 2013
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the "East Campus" of First Baptist Church in Monroe, located in Marshville.
Not First Baptist of Monroe, First Baptist of Indian Trail. If you look at the ads it says "East Campus, FBIT"
WDP

Marshville, NC

#12 Oct 8, 2013
What I was told by a person high up at East Campus is that the money is being paid back and they are going to forgive the person. Whoever it is better be thanking the Lord that the law didn't get involved.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#13 Oct 9, 2013
WDP wrote:
<quoted text>
Not First Baptist of Monroe, First Baptist of Indian Trail. If you look at the ads it says "East Campus, FBIT"
Oop's, had a brain fart...my bad.
Justin Tyme

United States

#14 Oct 10, 2013
Mike Stegall wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I didn't agree with that. I know what the intention was but it kind of puts us in a bad light because people are saying it's judgemental, and like you said,(but spelled wrong) conceited.
I would go to Marshville Baptist. I was raised in that church for most of my childhood. The new preacher there (who has been there before) is kind of a whack job. They ran him off from the church in Davidson where he was for many years because he blew up and cussed out the deacons, the church secretary and the youth pastor.
Sorry for the spellinl, I no better :-)
WDP

Marshville, NC

#15 Oct 10, 2013
Stegall---I know a man who went to chuch in Huntersville where the preacher used to preach. He told me yes it was true that the church deacons asked preacher to leave after he got mad and used God's name in vain and yelled obcenities at a lady who worked at the chuch. It wasn't just one time he said. Preacher refused and said he wasn't going nowhere. They had a church meeting in which they were going to vote whether to let him stay or just outright fire him. He come busting in and made a big scene and embarass everybody, even the ones on his side. they had to give him a bunch of money to get him out.
Citizen

Matthews, NC

#16 Oct 12, 2013
LOL Well there are some people at First Baptist that NEED cussing out in my opinion, maybe the new minister will put some of them in their place. The way they treated Alex Martin was a shame and disgrace.

I have been being hounded to attend East Campus, guess I will just stay at home, like I have been, and watch the tv preachers, at least they are pretty open about taking money.:)
WDP

Marshville, NC

#17 Oct 12, 2013
old boy up in Matthews is always talking about Elevation Church. He says they don't take up a collection and don't mention tithing in their serves. he told me that people give without being asked and some don't give a penny and that's all right because they don't tell who gives what and so forth. But from what he says it is a bunch of loud music and hand waving and shouting which might disturb my sleep.
Fisherman

Mooresville, NC

#18 Oct 16, 2013
Please don't sit back and get second hand information about East Campus.There is "Stuff Going On At East Campus" Come and see for yourself! Wednesday nights are awesome! It starts at 6:30pm. Please come, bring your family and visit!! We will save you a seat!

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#19 Oct 16, 2013
Fisherman wrote:
Please don't sit back and get second hand information about East Campus.There is "Stuff Going On At East Campus" Come and see for yourself! Wednesday nights are awesome! It starts at 6:30pm. Please come, bring your family and visit!! We will save you a seat!
You forgot to say "bring your money".
Whiplash

Marshville, NC

#20 Oct 16, 2013
Fisherman wrote:
Please don't sit back and get second hand information about East Campus.There is "Stuff Going On At East Campus" Come and see for yourself! Wednesday nights are awesome! It starts at 6:30pm. Please come, bring your family and visit!! We will save you a seat!
Well I will say that if what is being said by some of the church leaders at East Campus is true about the church forgiving a thief who stole thousands from the church, then y'all are better people than I am. I know a lady right here in Marshville that went to jail for stealing from the company she worked for. Didn't nobody forgive her for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wadesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dan Edwards Murder Trial (Jan '10) 13 hr hole in the wall 23
Pappy's Opened Sat Downtowner 6
Pappys in Marshville. Really? Mar 21 Downtowner 11
Are there any haunted places or homes around here (May '13) Mar 20 downtowner 32
Pinky Marsh & Clyde Helms Mar 12 Jim 10
Heating systems (Oct '12) Mar 6 Wade Wilson 33
News Meth lab shut down in Marshville 33 min ago (Oct '11) Mar 5 true mother 21
Wadesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wadesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]