Review: Gym X
Dwain

Harker Heights, TX

#1 Jun 24, 2009
I went to the Gym X website on May 20 to cancel my subscription. I wrote the same cancel note I've attached.
After not hearing from them for a few days, I wrote to them (see attached email).
After still not hearing from them I called the Corporate headquarters in Temple and was assured that if I went in before the 20th of June, everything would be fine but that I still needed to come in and fill out a form. I thought it was a little wierd it would take a form to cancel the subscription since I had given them all the info necessary (membership, CC#, Name, Address, Phone number, etc)
I went to the Waco facility (where I have my membership) on June 15 and was informed that I would be billed for another month because the form hadn't been filled out in time. I plead my case with the person at the desk but to no avail. There was nothing she could do (even thought she did agree this is a crummy way to do business)
I called the corporate office the next day, hopiing to rectify the situation. After a lengthy discussion the CSR agreed to see what she could do. She called back the next day with the same story I got at Waco. It was already in process.
I checked out the internet for reviews of this company and apparently these guys are notorious for pulling this shenanigan. They'll tell you everything is OK if you come in a few days before your due date but then stick you for another month.
Moved and Irate

Leesville, LA

#2 Nov 20, 2010
I fell your pain!!!! We moved to another STATE, with the military, and I have written SIX EMAILS and have left more than enough messages for a return phone call!!! NO ONE HAS CALLE OR WRITTEN ME BACK!!! So, of course, my membership fee is STILL COMING OUT. I'm gettin ready to go over EVERYBODY'S heads!! Good luck with tour battle!
Waco X

Woodway, TX

#3 Jan 17, 2011
I have been with them for quite some time, just because the competition is limited. I have seen the treadmills brake and stay broken for months, the weight machines temporarily fixed with what seems like bailing wire attitutdes. I report the issues to the front desk..They don't give a shit. The men's bathroom is nasty, all the machines and treadmills have sticky nasty handles..The cleaning stations with hand disinfectant are broken off the walls. Staff are rude (need to remember they are doing u a favor by allowing you to join).

I nver give access to my credit account to people like this. Always pay in advance when u join. I feel like a sucker staying with them, but the choices are few.
smelly

United States

#5 Jan 18, 2011
it skinks
oh really

United States

#6 Jan 27, 2011
i liked the place
mando

Temple, TX

#7 May 21, 2012
just don't send them a notice and call your credit card in lost. give them the excuses and let them feel our pain
Simone

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Mar 22, 2013
This business is ridiculous. I cancelled my account (was still billed for that month) and then a few months later the gym started billing my account again. Unfortunately it took me a while to notice. The customer service has been horrible in trying to resolve these problems! I would NEVER recommend this gym now.
countryboy79

United States

#9 Apr 28, 2013
Did they charge a cancellation fee
nobody

Waxahachie, TX

#10 Aug 30, 2013
people should learn that you never do business like this with a credit card and automatic debits. I will never let any company automatically debit my bank account. That's just laziness on your part. "I don't want to be inconvenienced with paying a monthly charge to a place I go to 2, 3 5 times a week, it would only make sense for me to pay it then, so yeah, let them have access to my account. Mind you, that's bad business on the company's part, but laziness and stupidity on your part.
Help

Killeen, TX

#11 Feb 24, 2014
I changed my credit card number at the same time I moved to another city and canceled my membership Via email thru their shitty website. A collection agency has been calling every other day trying to get my new card number. They have even charged a late fee. I have been trying to cancel for over a month now. Have called the Waco, Killeen, and Temple locations. They all pass the buck and say they have different owners and different billing agencies. I have no idea how to cancel With these people or get the collection agency to quit constantly harassing me. I had a month to month membership so there is no contract or minimum amount of months pending on my account. How do you get anything done when they are local owners? Is there a corporate office who is above these franchises and can help? Horrible horrible business practices. They don't have my card number but I'm afraid they will report it to the credit agencies or keep charging me every month and try and sue me for some ungodly amount. Anyone have any answers? How can I get these shady people out of my life?!?
The Gladiator

Apo, AE

#12 Mar 3, 2014
I've been experiencing the very same issues that you all are facing for the past three months. I think it's time to seek an attorney and report them to the Better Business Bureau.
The doc

Temple, TX

#13 May 12, 2014
I joined the gym when it was at it's Best Buy Location. Sauna didn't work, but figured they would have this at the new Gym (not...). I loved the spaciousness of the gym. You didn't feel like you were cramped and I ESPECIALLY loved the individual TV's on some of the equipment (Bikes/Elliptical/Treadmills). I could come during one of my "show times" and watch the show I wanted. And the noise level was very low. NICE!!! NOW????? ummmm... not so much. The promoted more spacious gym, feels cramped and tight. There are no more individual TV's (so sad) and it's very very loud. Locker room for ladies...mirrors in dressing section~ on the floor. One shower bay only; toilets…one of the doors cannot lock. Equipment- nice. There is one that they brought over that I have requested they fix the bar where you can move the seating/ equipment ~ hasn't been fixed. You would have thought that would have been done prior to bringing it over. I do love the equipment overall, though. They don’t always having the cleaning solution/rag for wiping down the machines, either. What I don't love??~~ The extreme, irritating noise from the Kidzone. It states there are set hours for the zone. The set hours are not being followed. The walls for the zone do not go all the way to the ceiling and thus, the noise levels from the kids are gruesome. Crying, yelling, screaming, you name it...it's a day care you hear while you are trying to relax and get your exercise on after a crappy day at work (let’s face it...work, in general, is not fun, going to a daycare after…even worse). I DO NOT want to come to work out and listen to a bunch of screaming, crying kids. I come over an hour after the Kidzone "closes". It's always still full of kids "after hours" for the Kidzone. If they could get the wall all the way up to eliminate/reduce the noise, then ok. But as it is, the Gym I enjoyed...I no longer do. It's cramped and it's noisy beyond the "expected" gym noises. So much for new, better and "improved". Starting the search for a "new" place to work out. The prices have gone up and the pleasantries of the gym have gone down. UGH…
Whitney B

Waco, TX

#15 Sep 3, 2015
I HATE THE WACO GYM X!!!! WELL JUST GYM X ALL TOGETHER!!!! WON'T LET ME GET OUT OF MY CONTRACT!!! SAYING I HAVE TO BE MOVING IN ORDER FOR THAT TO HAPPEN!!! STEADILY GETTING OVER ON ME TAKING MY MONEY!!!? NEVER AGAINNNN!! NEXT TIME I WILL BE GOING TO PLANET FITNESS! LESSON WELL LEARNED. I KNOW WHAT I GOTTA DO TO THOUGH!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) 18 hr Baybeh 7,205
News Stash of condoms found in TX prostitution bust Jun 14 lol 4
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
We are moving to the Waco area. What is the bes... (May '09) Jun 11 blovi 37
When is Baylor going to fire Ken Starr. Jun 4 Political orchris... 2
Found this hottie on snapchat. May 31 Anonymous 1
News Baylor fires football coach amid sexual assault... May '16 Go Blue Forever 1

Waco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waco Mortgages