marcus

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

very narrow minded. they see a young black man with a nice car and they automatically assume he's selling rocks, pimping or doing illegal activites.I am glad i moved to houston and out of waco
katie

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2011

Jim-Bo wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't consider Waco a small town. It's a population center surrounded by subards... and around that, some small towns.
I will say, Waco is hot and humid.
It's a small town when it takes five minutes to drive anywhere.
sick of this place

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

The Waco area is over run with sex offenders. Everyday in the news another one is posted . That is not counting all the ones the news keeps hush hush. There's hooker problems drug problems overly nosey people and all around a sucky place. I can not wait to get the hell away from here!!!!!!
Amielou

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

My husband was offered a job in Waco making really good money. We have children what community is the best for me to raise my children in. All of the talk on here is kinda scaring me to death when I think about my kids growing up in a war zone. Please Help!
waco fanatic

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

i love waco!!!!!!!! waco waco wacooooooooo!!!!!! whooooooooo i just love waco!!
waco fanatic is here

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

im in waco guys!!!!! i love Wacooooooooooo!! its wacooooooooo
David

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

We love it. People here make me feel as though life is all about 'me' Folks are so yielding and reinforcing and...oh no....the compound is ON FIRE!
Fanatic is back

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

i love waco just as much as you do david!!!!! whooooooooooooo go waco!!!!!!!
madmoney

Uvalde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

suks

“Goin' Nuts In Nuttsville”

Since: Nov 11

Nuttsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

The fols over at Baylor U. need to "Man Up" and leave the Big 12, come over to a REAL football conference....the mighty, mighty SEC!!

*folks*

Roll Tide
Bryan

Woodland Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

PROUD WACOAN wrote:
YEAH THERE IS A LOT OF NEGATIVE CRAP THAT WACO DEALS WITH BUT THAT'S ANYWHERE! WACO IS DOING IT'S BEST TO CLEAN UP AND TRYING TO MAKE THIS LITTLE TOWN BETTER... DON'T JUDGE WACO ON WHAT OTHERS SAY I HAVE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE...AND I GREW UP IN A NOT SO GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD....TO PLZ NO IF YOU WANT TO GIVE SOMEONE ADVICE ABOUT MOVING TO WACO DON'T TELL THEM TO MOVE TO HEWITT WOODWAY OR ROBINSON...WHAT IS IT BECAUSE THERE MORE CAUCASIAN PEOPLE OUT THAT WAY??? HELLO?? WHERE DO YOU THINK ALL THE DAM DRUGS WACO HAS COME FROM?DUH..THE LITTLE RICH WHITE BOYS WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TRY TO FIT IN WITH THE "COOL CROWD"
You've lived there all your life is why you don't know any better. I lived in and around Waco (Lorena, China Springs), and it is horrible. I've also lived in Minnesota, Maine, and Colorado so I can make comparisons. Do not move to Waco OR the surrounding areas. The economy sucks, the people are rude, and of course the weather is hellish. As far as drugs, I don't know about rich white boys, but all the black and Mexican people I worked with were doing and selling drugs. Waco May be the heart of Texas, but it's the ---hole of America.
honeybee

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2014

Donna wrote:
Just like everywhere else, there are good and bad areas. I've lived in Woodway for almost 2 years and my family is very happy. We like our church, the Midway ISD is great and we haven't had any problems whatsoever. It's a shame that the only people that choose to post something have to be so negative. It's bad if you make it bad...everyone knows that and posts like that are a neon sign that your just disgruntled over something else. Perhaps you liked the other places you've lived so well that Waco can seem like the worse place in the world, that doesn't necessary make Waco "hell on earth". If you're the type that is always looking for Creed to drive down the street...then yes....Waco is pretty boring. If you hate the site of minorities, then go live where there are less of them. I happen to love Waco's diversity and very proud to be here. Baylor is an awesome school and a great place to work. It's a shame that some are actually making life choices based on random post form unknown people that use the internet to vent..probably over something completely unrelated.
I am not from Waco but I am hopping to move there very soon. after NV I would like some place smaller yet I know no one in the area. Please tell me more of the good and bad, it is there no matter what. I just want a better feel of the area.
Dutchess is correct

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

I went to high school and college in Waco, left for work and it causes me physical pain to go back. Even for a day or two. Everything Dutchess said is 100% accurate. The town actively celebrates the old south (and everything associated with it!) every year. Tells you all you need to know.
EscapedWaco

Capitan, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

Truly there is almost nothing good about Waco. It is a miserable place to live. Weather is bad, crime is high and there is a lot of poverty. There is almost nothing to like about it other than the fact that housing is inexpensive and cost of living is low.
Tina

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2014

Mes wrote:
You know, I considered applying for jobs at Baylor University. After reading this post, I think that's the last I'll do.
My family and I moved here a year and a half ago. I absolutely love Waco! The people are wonderful, very hospitable. I live near Cameron Park so I go hiking at least 3 times a week. And for a city this size I find there is plenty to do. I think I would be happy if I stayed here the rest of my life!
Bingo

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2014

Waco is amazingly horrible do not go there at all costs
AMe

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 8

Waco is not that bed and please woodway is not all that it is cracked up to be. All the midway kids only care about is there money. Sorry that my city is mostly black kids and Mexicans. But really the midway kids are stuck up and if you don't think that the drugs mostly come from woodway and all of woodway or Robinson is rich stuck up. But if waco is doing a lot Better and this city is turnin out really nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Waco Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Waco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••