What is Waco like?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Interested

Georgetown, KY

#1 Mar 12, 2009
Small town? What are values like? Is there a drug problem? etc.
Dutchess

United States

#2 Mar 13, 2009
Small, narrow minded and horrible,,,,, do not come here unless you are offered huge amounts of money ... i was born here and left over 20 years ago .Was recently forced back here by my husbands job transfer ...VERY angry about this ...... my husband is at work most of the time so he doesnt have to endure it as much as I do ..........YUCK !!!!!!!!!!
PLZ NO

Cleburne, TX

#3 Mar 14, 2009
Bad Idea! If you HAVE to move to Waco...choose one of the smaller towns on the outside like Hewitt, Woodway, Robinson! Stay away from Waco, Bellmead, Lacy Lake view...these towns are horrible! Drugs, prostitues ect!
Dutchess

United States

#4 Mar 14, 2009
PLZ NO wrote:
Bad Idea! If you HAVE to move to Waco...choose one of the smaller towns on the outside like Hewitt, Woodway, Robinson! Stay away from Waco, Bellmead, Lacy Lake view...these towns are horrible! Drugs, prostitues ect!
This is the best advice you could probably get as I just hate it here all around. I cried when I found out that by sheer chance I would be coming back for the first time in 24 years,, even if just for a little while.We have lived all over the world and not once have I ever actually cried over a transfer. He works for L-3 as a and makes extreme money ,, still it is NOT worth it.. L-3 is fine,, Waco is not ..
get - r- dumb

Bakersfield, CA

#5 Mar 30, 2009
Interested wrote:
Small town? What are

values like? Is there a drug problem? etc.
think i would rather jerk off with a hand full of tacks and rubbing alcohol than move back to waco,
PROUD WACOAN

Waco, TX

#6 Apr 12, 2009
YEAH THERE IS A LOT OF NEGATIVE CRAP THAT WACO DEALS WITH BUT THAT'S ANYWHERE! WACO IS DOING IT'S BEST TO CLEAN UP AND TRYING TO MAKE THIS LITTLE TOWN BETTER... DON'T JUDGE WACO ON WHAT OTHERS SAY I HAVE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE...AND I GREW UP IN A NOT SO GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD....TO PLZ NO IF YOU WANT TO GIVE SOMEONE ADVICE ABOUT MOVING TO WACO DON'T TELL THEM TO MOVE TO HEWITT WOODWAY OR ROBINSON...WHAT IS IT BECAUSE THERE MORE CAUCASIAN PEOPLE OUT THAT WAY??? HELLO?? WHERE DO YOU THINK ALL THE DAM DRUGS WACO HAS COME FROM?DUH..THE LITTLE RICH WHITE BOYS WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TRY TO FIT IN WITH THE "COOL CROWD"

“RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!”

Since: Mar 09

OAKLAND

#8 Apr 13, 2009
PROUD WACOAN wrote:
YEAH THERE IS A LOT OF NEGATIVE CRAP THAT WACO DEALS WITH BUT THAT'S ANYWHERE! WACO IS DOING IT'S BEST TO CLEAN UP AND TRYING TO MAKE THIS LITTLE TOWN BETTER... DON'T JUDGE WACO ON WHAT OTHERS SAY I HAVE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE...AND I GREW UP IN A NOT SO GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD....TO PLZ NO IF YOU WANT TO GIVE SOMEONE ADVICE ABOUT MOVING TO WACO DON'T TELL THEM TO MOVE TO HEWITT WOODWAY OR ROBINSON...WHAT IS IT BECAUSE THERE MORE CAUCASIAN PEOPLE OUT THAT WAY??? HELLO?? WHERE DO YOU THINK ALL THE DAM DRUGS WACO HAS COME FROM?DUH..THE LITTLE RICH WHITE BOYS WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TRY TO FIT IN WITH THE "COOL CROWD"
lmao thats right blame woodway... geez.
Dutchess

United States

#9 Apr 14, 2009
PROUD WACOAN wrote:
I was born here too , 46 long years ago ,, a memory I have tried to forget ,,even making up an entire story of where I was born and raised,, I am so ashamed of it.

After all these years , I never dreamed I would be back here , everyday I feel like I am wasting another day of my life.. I have BEGGED my husband to get us transferred somewhere else ...

The dope ??? it comes,, always has come ..and always will come from East Waco, South Waco and choice neighborhoods in North Waco ,, dont kid yourself .. the rich white boys arent feeding it to you ... those dumba$$es play with it in High school then get the he** out of here to a better life.....

You get two choices here ,, scum of every color OR old money narrow minded ultra conservatives who think Waco is the end all be all .....
WHY T

Waco, TX

#10 Apr 16, 2009
PROUD WACOAN wrote:
I'm sure it is your kids that are running the street, cussing, and walking slowly across the street when a car is trying to get by.
If you people taught your kids better, there would be no black or white crap. When you see it with your own eyes (EVERYDAY), it is kind of hard not to point the finger. It is getting ran over with Blacks and mexicans. Making all the white people move off. I don't mind black people and mexicans. I just don't like the loud mouths that think they are something because they are black, and I don't like the mexicans that can't speak English.You only own the thins you buy... remember that.
P.S. there is nothing "cool" about selling/making drugs. It just means you are a loser that can't get a real job.
WHY T

Waco, TX

#11 Apr 16, 2009
Blago wrote:
are there any cool compounds left ? Or did they all burn to the ground. freaks.
It did not even really happen in Waco. Dumba$$
Mes

San Antonio, TX

#13 Sep 30, 2010
You know, I considered applying for jobs at Baylor University. After reading this post, I think that's the last I'll do.
David

United States

#14 Oct 2, 2010
It is Hell on earth.

“Not a fan of big government”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Oct 23, 2010
I think is a very boring town. Outside of Baylor, I am not sure what the main industry is. I travel there when I have to, mainly for doctor visits.
Donna

Woodway, TX

#16 Oct 23, 2010
Just like everywhere else, there are good and bad areas. I've lived in Woodway for almost 2 years and my family is very happy. We like our church, the Midway ISD is great and we haven't had any problems whatsoever. It's a shame that the only people that choose to post something have to be so negative. It's bad if you make it bad...everyone knows that and posts like that are a neon sign that your just disgruntled over something else. Perhaps you liked the other places you've lived so well that Waco can seem like the worse place in the world, that doesn't necessary make Waco "hell on earth". If you're the type that is always looking for Creed to drive down the street...then yes....Waco is pretty boring. If you hate the site of minorities, then go live where there are less of them. I happen to love Waco's diversity and very proud to be here. Baylor is an awesome school and a great place to work. It's a shame that some are actually making life choices based on random post form unknown people that use the internet to vent..probably over something completely unrelated.

Since: Apr 09

Pharr, TX

#17 Oct 27, 2010
Donna wrote:
Just like everywhere else, there are good and bad areas. I've lived in Woodway for almost 2 years and my family is very happy. We like our church, the Midway ISD is great and we haven't had any problems whatsoever. It's a shame that the only people that choose to post something have to be so negative. It's bad if you make it bad...everyone knows that and posts like that are a neon sign that your just disgruntled over something else. Perhaps you liked the other places you've lived so well that Waco can seem like the worse place in the world, that doesn't necessary make Waco "hell on earth". If you're the type that is always looking for Creed to drive down the street...then yes....Waco is pretty boring. If you hate the site of minorities, then go live where there are less of them. I happen to love Waco's diversity and very proud to be here. Baylor is an awesome school and a great place to work. It's a shame that some are actually making life choices based on random post form unknown people that use the internet to vent..probably over something completely unrelated.
thank you!!!!!
jbgramps

Cedar Park, TX

#18 Nov 8, 2010
Born and raised in Waco. Moved away in 1972 for career reasons;but I atill consider Waco home. I visit Waco often. Now retired and livng in Austin. I'd move back to the Waco area in a minute if not for the kids and grand-kids in Austin.

No real traffic problems in Waco. Low cost of living. Pretty area. I probably wouldn't "in" Waco these days. Maybe Hewitt, Woodway, Robinson or even McGregor.

I've lived in several cities over the years. San Franciso was pretty, but its total gridlock. I lived in Dallas (Farmes Branch) for ten years. Hated every minite of it. Washington DC suburbs ware nice; but not a place for a Texas.

In the end, there are much worse places than Waco. Been to Chicago lately?

Frisco, TX

#19 Nov 9, 2010
Not a very good town.. I just stayed there for a couple of months and my husband works there. It was a horrible place.. Very scary if ur not from a big town.
real

Waco, TX

#20 May 26, 2011
waco isnt any more crappy than any other city in a state allowing pieces of shit to live off taxes earned by working citizens. as long as we continue to have unjustified reproduction, most cities will be a living hell.
katie

United States

#21 Jun 11, 2011
I HATE Waco. There are two distinct classes. The pretentious upper class with their cliques and "socials" and a poor struggling community. The small town has big-city crime. Everyone knows each other's business and won't hesitate to spread horrendous gossip about someone they just had lunch with. You would think a small Texas town would be down to earth, but not this one. The children from the pretentious side are quick to be sucked into this social scene of this small town. I don't think it's a good place to raise a family. It's not a good place for much of anything, but has a nice zoo.

“Not a fan of big government”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#22 Jun 12, 2011
katie wrote:
I HATE Waco. There are two distinct classes. The pretentious upper class with their cliques and "socials" and a poor struggling community. The small town has big-city crime. Everyone knows each other's business and won't hesitate to spread horrendous gossip about someone they just had lunch with. You would think a small Texas town would be down to earth, but not this one. The children from the pretentious side are quick to be sucked into this social scene of this small town. I don't think it's a good place to raise a family. It's not a good place for much of anything, but has a nice zoo.
I wouldn't consider Waco a small town. It's a population center surrounded by subards... and around that, some small towns.

I will say, Waco is hot and humid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
20 yrs old, moving from Las Vegas, NV to Waco, TX (Sep '16) 1 hr Ilicrbnts 4
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) 10 hr Steven Spencer 8,446
News Police News: Already-jailed teenager suspect in... (Dec '07) Apr 21 shawn thomas 3
Save money switching to sprint for unlimited da... Apr 17 wacosprint 1
Going to move from Southern California to Texas Apr 13 huh 2
Waco MC's (Aug '16) Apr 12 Glenn 4
Looking for an acre of less to buy Apr 10 Tavia1989 1

Waco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waco Mortgages