Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?

Full story: Waco Tribune-Herald

For seven years, we've shared fence lines with members of Homestead Heritage on three sides of our land.

Comments (Page 293)

Showing posts 5,841 - 5,860 of6,237
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
I lived to tell the truth

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Happy Resurrection Sunday/Easter everyone!!!

32 Christian -You can still post your testimony. There are those on this website who do want to hear from you.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Abbe Faria wrote:
Hey Baaah, you wouldn't happen to know who "Nothead" is over at CARM, would you?
Nothead isn't the greatest poster on that forum. Jack the Bear is the owner of the Trinity Delusion website.

This site changed my life a year ago. He doesn't say it up front, but Jesus cannot be God in his conclusions there. He has been doing this for a decade plus. I haven't been trin for 18 years. But the divinity of Jesus is also addressed and this was what he helps gain perspective about.

I do have a pentecostal unitarian view which is different than most others.

The thing about the internet is that a theory which fits can be glommed onto and exhaustively plumbed in no time flat. Zero to sixty in zero seconds almost.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Easter-wiki:

Easter is linked to the Passover and Exodus from Egypt recorded in the Old Testament through the Last Supper and crucifixion that preceded the resurrection.[22] According to the New Testament, Jesus gave the Passover meal a new meaning, as he prepared himself and his disciples for his death in the upper room during the Last Supper.[22] He identified the matzah and cup of wine as his body soon to be sacrificed and his blood soon to be shed. Paul states, "Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed";[35] this refers to the Passover requirement to have no yeast in the house and to the allegory of Jesus as the Paschal lamb.[36]Easter is linked to the Passover and Exodus from Egypt recorded in the Old Testament through the Last Supper and crucifixion that preceded the resurrection.[22] According to the New Testament, Jesus gave the Passover meal a new meaning, as he prepared himself and his disciples for his death in the upper room during the Last Supper.[22] He identified the matzah and cup of wine as his body soon to be sacrificed and his blood soon to be shed. Paul states, "Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed";[35] this refers to the Passover requirement to have no yeast in the house and to the allegory of Jesus as the Paschal lamb.[36]

...The first Christians, Jewish and Gentile, were certainly aware of the Hebrew calendar,[nb 6] but there is no direct evidence that they celebrated any specifically Christian annual festivals.[41] Christians of Jewish origin were the first to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. Since the date of the resurrection was close the timing of Passover, they likely celebrated the resurrection as a new facet of the Passover festival.

...This controversy between those who advocated independent computations, and those who wished to continue the custom of relying on the Jewish calendar, was formally resolved by the First Council of Nicaea in 325, which endorsed the move to independent computations, effectively requiring the abandonment of the old custom of consulting the Jewish community in those places where it was still used.

By concensus, the Easter celebration was permanently disassociated with Passover. 325 A.D. the same first ever ecumenical council held, and the same council which formally made Jesus God.

Shows us how the Christians saw the Jew, then and now.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Any Jew who knows Passover knows that miracles by themselves do not a God make the man.

Because the miracles of the Exodus were many. And Moses was NEVER considered God.

But we who forgot the Passover also forget how the story goes. It is a fable to us, a myth.

Just as the Ancient One of Days is a myth to us.

The One True God of the Hebrew Nation.

Your God has two heads. He morphs from the Father to the Son and shines brightly as the Son for Oneness believers.

So then what happened to the Father? Your God is the Son, but there is ONE who seeketh and judgeth.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Secret for discerning believers:

The Ancient of Days has ONE bright shining head, too bright for you to look at.

And this is the main thing every Jew on the planet dead or alive saw...

not so hard to visualize is it? Key to your understanding.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

And another secret for discerning believers:

The One in the Shema is the One of Person grammatically, no matter how you define PERSON, especially pertaining to YHWH.

Brown or Avery or Baaah can define 'person' this way or that, but the Bible says God is a 'HE'.

And 'he' does not connote substance or essence primarily, but 'person'. This was where you fudged, making the essence or substance of YHWH the HE of the Bible.

So then how many HEs are the Father and the Son? Two? I would say so. What sayest thou?

And how many HEs are in the formulation, Father, Son and Holy Spirit? Three? Just a guess, but who can say that this is false?

The Shema has one 'HE'. This is fundamental. And you fudged the Great Fudge in 325 A.D.

28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; AND THERE IS NONE OTHER BUT HE:

33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

How obvious can we get here? This ain't rocket science, and this ain't something we can really haggle about. Jesus says HE IS NOT GOD here for those who are paying attention. He RATIFIES the ancient interpretation of the Shema.

One HE. Plain simple language. You would distort.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

How many 'HEs' did JESUS say the Father and Son make?

TWO testifiers.

17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of TWO men is true.

18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

Two testifiers makes two HEs. Short length inference, but you see the reasoning here?

NOT reasonable? How so?
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

See, we gotta get out of this heepy mentality.

Heepies smoked too much Mary Jane.

Heepies liked the paradox, the contradiction.
These pointed the way to Heepy Truth.

"All things not true makes the most sense of all.
Especially correlated together, hopefully as contradictions."

Do you see that I just took down Ireneus, Thomas Aquinas and Athanasias, all our later pagan Church Fathers? The one HE in the Shema cannot correlate with the two he's of the Father and Son.

No way, stoned or not. No THEY were not stoned, but their thinking caps were not either on.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and HIM only shalt thou serve.

That came from our Lord's mouth.

One 'him'.

Oh, ILTTTT likes the NIV:

Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written:'Worship the Lord your God, and serve HIM only.'"

Fudgers all. Am I right or am I right?

And no, I am not Muslim. But they WILL teach you your own Bible if you don't repent.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Massoretic Text:

YHWH Elohim -of*you, you-shall-fear, and you-shall-serve and*in*name-of*him you-shall-swear...

This name is the name of our God.

Not "Jesus."

From the mouth of Jesus.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

He was quoting Deut 6:13-14 only a few verses AFTER the Great Command, the Shema.

As a Jew born under the Law.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

On theological forums they say Jesus never says he is God, true...

but Jesus never says he is NOT GOD either, so ground zero is either or...rationally speaking.

But no, Jewish DEFAULT is true rationally speaking, not either/or with either possibility equally or semi-equally possible.

Jewish Default is true. And everyone then KNEW it.
Shema has only one HE. And the Father and Son makes for two HE's.

I have just defeated Steven Avery's high Christology. Whatever it is, it cannot be on that high a spiritual level

after all.

We are the remnant of the remnant. God help us, and this means you.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Doesn't matter how much 'learning' you have...

Echad means the numerical one in the Hebrew.
'Eis' means the numerical one in the Koine. It is in masculine singular form.
'Hen' used of Christ when he said "I and the Father are one," is the neuter one of compound unity...in the Koine.

God is the numerical One. We are unified in Him in some way, and this is ideal, but we are not God.

And Jesus was not either.

Plain simple text. The Echad of the Adonai, who is YHWH is numerically One. All quasi-Jews who would make this a compound one are fudgers.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

I could be talking to Gomer Pyle...you know the guy on the Andy Griffith Show (we know you don't watch TV, that was way back)

or any esteemed scholar or professor or rabbi,

and this is all true. Check it out. The Bible was not written only for geniuses. Hint.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

What is monotheism? One God. In Jewish parlance this means One Being and One Person, even though this is GOD-person.

Although His Person is not known exhaustively, we still know by Shema He is one "HE."

This is pretty basic stuff but I know you don't get it.

That's okay. My patient spamming trumps your patient ignorance.

Some day it will hit home. The bulb will light up and you will go, HEEEY!

Trinitarianism isn't cool! Makes God into three Persons! And Oneness Pentecostalism isn't cool neither! Makes God into two Persons who ditch the one for the other!
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

I get affronted by so-called grammarians all the time...the latest poster on Carm claimed 8 years experience in Koine studies...over moi who forgot the one year or less he had, forgetting even the courses he took...

yet they do ignore the fact that two he's makes a 'we' do they not? And if 'elohim' really does mean WE or THEM then all pronouns will coincide, will they not?

Two 'he's' makes a 'we'. Wow, what a revelation.

I must be a genius. Start sending money.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

WE ARE GOD.

I KNOW you can find this somewhere in scripture.

IF you look hard enough.

Would that not be the claim of Yeshua? You know the one we are usually talking about?

In plain simple language. Be it Koine or Hebrew or Aramaic or Latin or English.

REALLY Old English way back then.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

By your paradigm, YHWH said "I am" in Exodus 3...

And Jesus said "I am" in Jn 8:58...

And since they understood YHWH to be the Father, then now you have the same old fundamental problem.

Two 'I's' makes a 'WE'.

We is. I mean grammatically, "WE ARE."

God uses good grammar, doesn't HE??

Maybe this makes sense for you IF Jesus IS the Father. But where does he say this?

Anywhere? "I and the Father are One?"

Then "I AM the Father." Aren't some Oneness Pentecostals saying this?

But Jesus doesn't. Ever.
Baaah

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Modern trinitarianism says this, but grammatically they are getting a 'd' minus...

Three Persons in One Being makes for a "We are God" every time.

And if God doesn't use good grammar then why should I even go to class?

Put your primers away. Home schooled or not. No need, anymore.
I lived to tell the truth

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

{And no, I am not Muslim. But they WILL teach you your own Bible if you don't repent.}BAAAH

Revelation speaks of the beheading of the Saints during the great tribulation.

That is beginning to happen through Jihad.

The Muslims know nothing about the Holy Bible AND YOU CLAIM THEY WILL TEACH US THE HOLY BIBLE?!!!

Their Koran instructs them to KILL the ‘infidel.’ Either you join their faith or you die. During the tribulation they will impose their beliefs through force on the whole world; notably through beheadings.

They are trying to bring Sharia law to the U.S. even now. When that happens there will be alot of bloodshed.

They are the ones who need to repent-those who love the LORD JESUS ARE SAVED.

You should get your facts straight in all of this excessive babbling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,841 - 5,860 of6,237
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Waco Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Waco Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Waco People Search