Letters on Homestead Heritage: Commun...

Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?

There are 8801 comments on the Waco Tribune-Herald story from May 20, 2007, titled Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?. In it, Waco Tribune-Herald reports that:

For seven years, we've shared fence lines with members of Homestead Heritage on three sides of our land.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Waco Tribune-Herald.

Baaah

Austin, TX

#5885 Feb 18, 2013
Notice I stuck 'word' in my list...

this is because the WORD or LOGOS of YHWH

was and is His expressed will on earth and beyond.

Spirit, will, mind of God. These are overlapping metaphor. And present among us.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5886 Feb 18, 2013
That God could come to earth as a man or angel is not unknown to Judaic thought...

to Jacob who wrestled the good match, to Moses whom was shown the 'backside' of YHWH, to Abraham who was entertaining three strangers...

Some controversy arose concerning whether or not this was God ontologically or rather a sent Angel of God....

either way, YHWH never loses his mind and will.

In Jesus paradigm this is not true. Jesus frequently said his own mind and will was CONFORMED to that of his Father, whom he always
presented as ANOTHER BEING.

So then the JisG paradigm becomes much more unorthodox. Whether or not we believe God came to earth as man previously.

Am I repeating myself? Isn't this the Oneness Pentecostal view? That God did it before, abeit on a temporary basis.

Now He does it semi-permanently, Jesus being 'parked' on earth for his own duration.

Separate mind and will, again. Oneness Pentecostals are not PANTHEISTS are they?

Merging the nephesh (soul) of men to the One True God?

Jesus: Two Natures means according to JisG Jesus has two natures...

REALLY means that Jesus has two souls, and THIS is quite out there.

In La La Land? Am I speaking as a scholar?

Only for a Pantheist this doesn't matter; two souls, smoo shoals. They merge these with aplomb, since your soul only merges into SOULLAND or the Great Hugh Soul of all of the ONE.

Or some gnostic variation thereof.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5887 Feb 18, 2013
By the simple dynamic that God made you WHO you are...

your own nephesh, soul, person and being...

this miracle we know if we know what we should know...

is the miracle of the Creation Account. Don't forget it.

Don't lose your soul. Make this PERSON of you eternal. Make the spirit of you take on this holy soul of you and when your spirit leaves this earth...

let it find smooth sailing among the righteous. Amen.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5888 Feb 18, 2013
For if I lose my soul...

what is the point? Soul only knows itself.

I am no longer. Existence only exists...

And I am Buddhist. Or a Rajneeshi.

Heh, poisoning a whole town. Now THAT'S a cult.

So then do we know the Jewish POV here?

Why did they parrot the Creation Account in the first place? This was a fairy tale?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5889 Feb 18, 2013
Banned again from a theology forum...

I pointed out with just a TOUCH of sarcasm
that in the OT over 11,000 personal SINGULAR pronouns...

as opposed to 4 plural pronouns in these verses:

Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Gen 11:7

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Gen 3

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

These are to the heavenly court, according to the Jewish midrash...

But 11,000 to 4 is trolling and being obnoxious?

Causing Baaah's suspension? Eh?

What kind of debate board is this. Biased?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5890 Feb 18, 2013
Let's put it another way, Baaah was pointing out

THE OBVIOUS.

This will get one banned. Fo' sho'.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5891 Feb 18, 2013
I should specify that these are in our Bible:

11,000 personal SINGULAR pronouns describing YHWH, referring to the One God, your God and my God.

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5892 Feb 18, 2013
So is this One True God the God of HH?

The Episcopal Church down the street?

The Catholic Church down the street?

The Assemblies of God Church down the street?

The Baptist Church on the corner?

The Cowboy Church in the stockpen?

The Motorcycle Church going to Sturgis?

Now what is a cult and what is a community of faith?

Is it that important to get the definitions of your God right? What does the Bible say?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5893 Feb 18, 2013
One is One. One WHAT??

One unique God of three manifestations?

Actually many manifestations, but three being the dominant theme or play which the Playright has written?

NO. The commandment was given as the First Command was given:

Deut 5:

6 I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

OTHER means another (being). Of ANY kind.

Isa 45:

5 I am the Lord, and THERE IS NONE ELSE, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that THERE IS NONE BESIDE ME. I am the Lord, and there is NONE ELSE.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.

9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

11 Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.

14 Thus saith the Lord, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; AND THERE IS NONE ELSE, there is no God.

15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and THERE IS NONE ELSE.

19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? AND THERE IS NO GOD ELSE BESIDE ME a just God and a Saviour; THERE IS NONE BESIDE ME.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and THERE IS NONE ELSE.

NO OTHER juxtaposed with ME. "ME" is singular my dear.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5894 Feb 18, 2013
None other gods, no other ELOHIM.

Elohim encompassing 6 categories of being.

Ghosts, heavenly court, demons, false gods, exalted men, angels, seraphim, cherubim, little elves and

divine dust mites.

ANY OTHER. Well, scratch those last two.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5895 Feb 18, 2013
MEMEME. trinitarian

MEME. Oneness Pentecostal.

US. Said 4 times out of 11,004 times.

Oh, I get it. The 11,000 times it was NOT LITERALLY MEANT...

and the four times IT WAS.

Stand down. Time for Baaah to stand down. This should have been obvious to me.

I don't know how I missed it.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5896 Feb 18, 2013
Yeah, really the Oneness Pentecostal Paradigm

is closer to Trinitarianism than Unitarianism...

2 sides of the same plural God coin.

God is One Being. Ego eimi ho own. I am the Being.

Not we are the Being. Or we are the Beings.

So when did we part from the Judeo-Christian Faith?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5897 Feb 18, 2013
ME, I, MINE.

The One True God of the Judeo-Christian Religion.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5898 Feb 18, 2013
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Ascending unto the Father is merging, morphing back, glomming into, becoming the One True God?

Is this the orthodox POV? It isn't the Jewish one.
Wasn't Jesus speaking to a Jew?

Are we back in Hippy Land? Too much LSD?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5899 Feb 18, 2013
Even if God were to have 3 dominant manifestations...

Father, Son, Holy Spirit...

and these were existing in combination, rather than in sequence...

the correct reference from Self to Self is "WE, US, OUR."

The plural pronoun would then have to be reconciled to our definitions of God and the First Command and the Shema.

THEN we would come up with something like the
Utilitarian Hypostatic Union or somesuch formulation...

which could make our plural God still One.

Who am I to tell God how to speak? Yet God speaks in our language, yes? And He isn't gonna be way off
in his grammar, yes? Since He knows we might get confused, yes?

And since He isn't in the business of pulling WHAMMIES on us, yes? Speaking as if He were One, then TELLING us He IS One, then turning out to be TWO or THREE?

Look, the biggest whammy was the Mystery. Eat his flesh, drink his blood? Reborn in the Spirit,
how can one be born again?

These are the hard ones. "Jesus is God" wasn't the issue at all, then or now. God already said He is YHWH. Jesus is Jesus.

That's why there was no issue made. Except by his detractors.
I lived to tell the truth

Jackson, NJ

#5901 Feb 19, 2013
ROMANS 10
5 Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law:“The person who does these things will live by them.”[a] 6 But the righteousness that is by faith says:“Do not say in your heart,‘Who will ascend into heaven?’”[b](that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’”[c](that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say?“The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,”[d] that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth,“Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says,“Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”[e] 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for,“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”[f]

Jackson, NJ

#5902 Feb 19, 2013
Paul makes it all so easy to understand.

Jackson, NJ

#5903 Feb 19, 2013
Notice how NO apostle in the Holy Scriptures place themselves on the same level of authority as Jesus Christ our LORD.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5904 Feb 19, 2013
I lived to tell the truth wrote:
ROMANS 10
5 Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law:“The person who does these things will live by them.”[a] 6 But the righteousness that is by faith says:“Do not say in your heart,‘Who will ascend into heaven?’”[b](that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’”[c](that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say?“The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,”[d] that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth,“Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says,“Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”[e] 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for,“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”[f]
9 If you declare with your mouth,“Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Juxtaposition from God and Jesus, God raising Jesus, not God raising God. Plain simple text, but how I misunderstood this for over 20 years...

Simple gospel, and required these concepts, to know GOD raised JESUS from the dead, not GOD raised GOD from the dead and we still cannot get it right.

I'm sorry, but to have respect for those who taught me and then realizing that WHAT they taught me was always wrong, not accurate and misconstrued is quite a shock.

I expected them to at least get the GOSPEL right and the principles you HAVE to know. God raising Jesus. Not hard. Yet we messed it up.

All of our staunch traditionalists I've known for a quarter century were off their rockers about the TRINITY. But basic gospel is another story.

God (juxtaposed with) Jesus. Simple and true.

So then the last line, we figure since this 'name of the Lord' is Jesus, then Jesus is God. The Adonai BEFORE Jesus was born was YHWH, although He seemed to the Jew to be 'way out there'.

'Jesus' is the name of the Lord, but the LORD of us has changed. Why? Why, because YHWH sent His Son, that's why. To make all things right.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5905 Feb 19, 2013
I lived to tell the truth wrote:
Paul makes it all so easy to understand.
If Paul makes it so easy to understand, then how is it that we don't understand basic gospel?

God raised God? How many times is this said in the Bible?

Pray tell? Paul may have made it simple, give us credit for knowing how to mess up the slightest thing.

Maybe I shouldn't go out today. Might trip over the dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
**PROSTITUTES ON BACK PAGE** Ruining marriages Sep 8 Get Real 2
nsu or Baylor (Mar '17) Aug '17 JustMe 5
20 yrs old, moving from Las Vegas, NV to Waco, TX (Sep '16) Aug '17 Get Real 8
Where can I find a small piece of land to buy Aug '17 Loco 2
What is Waco like? (Mar '09) Jul '17 Get Real 53
News Family sues AT&T over violent slaying of Waco t... Jul '17 RickN 1
News Former Hubbard police officer sues city, allege... (Jan '09) Jul '17 No NEED INDEED 27

Waco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waco Mortgages