Man Hospitalized After Drag Boat Crash

Sep 4, 2011 Full story: KWTX

During the Southern Drag Boat Association's first boat race in Waco in two years, a man was ejected from his boat while running in the "Test and Tune" event.

Full Story
Chris C

Houston, TX

#1 Sep 4, 2011
First off, I just want to give my condolences to Arthur and Julia Villasenor our next door neighbor. It was their son, Big John Villasenor, who died in the boating accident at the Texas`Shootout yesterday. Big John was one of the Great Ones. He was always kind and generous to everyone, you couldn't find a better person. As a dear childhood friend, I have nothing but great memories of John and his true love,SPEED. Oh! how he loved to go fast. Cars,trucks,drag bikes,drag boats ,you name it,he raced it!! Always the great son, Helping his faher establish and pioneer one the first automotive oil change and lube shops in Houston. Later, John adding general and racing automotive. So. let me close by saying, good by John, and we'll always LOVE YOU. THE CANTU FAMILY.
GOD BLESS
Teresa Beene-Cheramie

Spring, TX

#2 Sep 5, 2011
QUOTE who="Chris C"]First off, I just want to give my condolences to Arthur and Julia Villasenor our next door neighbor. It was their son, Big John Villasenor, who died in the boating accident at the Texas`Shootout yesterday. Big John was one of the Great Ones. He was always kind and generous to everyone, you couldn't find a better person. As a dear childhood friend, I have nothing but great memories of John and his true love,SPEED. Oh! how he loved to go fast. Cars,trucks,drag bikes,drag boats ,you name it,he raced it!! Always the great son, Helping his faher establish and pioneer one the first automotive oil change and lube shops in Houston. Later, John adding general and racing automotive. So. let me close by saying, good by John, and we'll always LOVE YOU. THE CANTU FAMILY.

Chris, this is Teresa Beene. I'm hoping you remember me. I heard about John and his fatal boat accident yesterday. My deepest prayers go out to his family. John has always been so caring of others. He earned his angel wings a million times over. God called his angel home.

Chris, my email address is tablue30@yahoo.com. I would love to hear from you and catch up :)
Russell

Houston, TX

#3 Sep 6, 2011
Chris C wrote:
First off, I just want to give my condolences to Arthur and Julia Villasenor our next door neighbor. It was their son, Big John Villasenor, who died in the boating accident at the Texas`Shootout yesterday. Big John was one of the Great Ones. He was always kind and generous to everyone, you couldn't find a better person. As a dear childhood friend, I have nothing but great memories of John and his true love,SPEED. Oh! how he loved to go fast. Cars,trucks,drag bikes,drag boats ,you name it,he raced it!! Always the great son, Helping his faher establish and pioneer one the first automotive oil change and lube shops in Houston. Later, John adding general and racing automotive. So. let me close by saying, good by John, and we'll always LOVE YOU. THE CANTU FAMILY.
GOD BLESS
Chris, this is your old friend and his Russell. I just heard the news and hope to pay respects this Thursday. John was a great guy and did love to go fast. I can only hope I die doing something I love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 14 min Liberal forever 18,351
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 35 min Liberal forever 22,582
Does anyone know Hunter Springer? 22 hr Curious Blonde 1
Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) Sep 15 Stephen 6,269
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
•••

Flash Flood Watch for McLennan County was issued at September 18 at 4:18AM CDT

•••
•••

Waco Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Waco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Waco News, Events & Info