wanting my kids back
mother of 2

Brenham, TX

#1 Oct 19, 2009
I got a divorce in 05. I was given custody of my 2 kids. I went through a ruff time when my brother was killed in a mobile home fire and started drinking occasionally. I was arrested for drinking and driving and went to prison. My x was given temp custody by the same judge that locked me up,then a month before i got out he gave him ,my x full custody and i wasnt even notified of the court date or nothing until i was released. My x has child abuse charges where he beat my daughter with a belt back in 06. the girl he is with and whom they live with had her kids taken for neglect because she was using heroin with them in the house. we have been to court and the judge says it will be up to casa a child addvocate who the kids live with. I now have my life straight and the kids want to be with me. In june there father told me to take the kids cause his girlfriend was wanted by the police for battery so i took them for 3 mths enrolled them in school, bought there supplies and they were so happy. I filed for emergency custody cause i was still ordered to pay support and he wasnt seeing them or even checkin on them. The day he recieved the court papers he came with the police while i was at work and told my husbend that my summer visit was over and he was taken the kids home with him. weve since been to court and thats when he said he was leaving them with there father until casa investigated.I feel as if this judge is a conflict of intrest. I need a good affordable lawyer and if anyone out there has any advice or resources please reply back.. The children need there mother!!!!!!! I know i was wrong for going to prison and i payed for it and have turned my life around.I am remarried and we both work and are drug free we have a 3 year old son that is taken very good care of. I learned the hard way what alcohol and drugs do to a persons life. MY kids that i dont have are 8 and 12 and they hate to live with there father. I need some good advice or to talk to someone that has been in my positon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wabash Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Thrush?? Apr 18 Drunk 2
Ashley and Destiny Vanhoose Mar '16 lol 2
Ashley Vanhoose Mar '16 lol 2
shanna dewitt Mar '16 crow 2
Shaunna Dewitt Mar '16 nohimwishididnt 2
Driving Suspended Mar '16 Concerned 1
best apartments in wabash? Mar '16 savy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wabash Mortgages